Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Today’s excuse:
Winning the FA and Carabou is shit because Poch hasn’t won them

Im actually starting to think it may be satire now. In a couple of pages I have seen people talk down the club, the players and now cup tournaments that have defined this club simply to elevate a manager who hasn’t won anything with the best Spurs team in a generation and who would readily would walk if one of the major jobs arose. Utter madness

And there you have it - it’s shows just how warped the modern game has becomes when not only do you have supporters celebrating trophy less eras they will also readily trash the cup tournaments like the FA cup which has defined this clubs history and tradition. Madness and stupidity and they doing this in place of acquiring additional revenue streams.
Gets on my nerves these supporters that dismiss the cup competitions and say they are meaningless

In five years, Poch has been in 2 cup finals, 3 cup semi-finals, and been top 4 in the league the last 4 seasons. I'd like to have won a cup but it's not like there aren't signs it's coming.

The huge question that everyone wants to know the answer to is...............when ?. What time scale would you consider acceptable?

Im actually starting to think it may be satire now. In a couple of pages I have seen people talk down the club, the players and now cup tournaments that have defined this club simply to elevate a manager who hasn’t won anything with the best Spurs team in a generation and who would readily would walk if one of the major jobs arose. Utter madness
Gets on my nerves these supporters that dismiss the cup competitions and say they are meaningless

What these people are basically saying is that only the PL and CL will do.

Then they call others entitled...

Isn’t it funny that we can’t win the Carabou or FA Cup due to City’s spending, but they are crap trophies that wouldn’t mean much.

I be going fucking nuts if we win one, and lauding Poch. Ironically his “biggest” backers will think its all a bit small time and that losing the CL was a bigger day.

What these people are basically saying is that only the PL and CL will do..

But then state we can’t win them because we have the sixth largest revenue and can’t be expected to compete with the clubs above us.

This explains the whole finish top 4 cup run mentality. They have no confidence in this club, they don’t believe we should be at the top table - it doesn’t matter what the players we have the expectation level will never change.

I suspect most of these supporters are marooned in the ‘90s - they’ve never moved on despite the club doing so.

What these people are basically saying is that only the PL and CL will do.

Then they call others entitled...

Isn’t it funny that we can’t win the Carabou or FA Cup due to City’s spending, but they are crap trophies that wouldn’t mean much.

I be going fucking nuts if we win one, and lauding Poch. Ironically his “biggest” backers will think its all a bit small time and that losing the CL was a bigger day.
Same here years of fuck all while other teams have kept winning stuff i would love a league or fa cup success
How some fans can dismiss the domestic cups and think they are beneath us is baffling

But then state we can’t win them because we have the sixth largest revenue and can’t be expected to compete with the clubs above us.

This explains the whole finish top 4 cup run mentality. They have no confidence in this club, they don’t believe we should be at the top table - it doesn’t matter what the players we have the expectation level will never change.

I suspect most of these supporters are marooned in the ‘90s - they’ve never moved on despite the club doing so.

And they wanted Dybala......to come here and not challenge for silverware.
They’re happy with top 4 and winning nothing but want the chairman’s head that has delivered them that for 4 straight seasons

And they wanted Dybala......to come here and not challenge for silverware.
They’re happy with top 4 and winning nothing but want the chairman’s head that has delivered them that for 4 straight seasons
I make you wrong on that one. Most of the people claiming to be happy with top 4 and not concerned about our trophy drought are Levy's biggest supporters.

Also, pretty fucking obvious that his patience for the media has run dry. He had a go at a journalist today who asked if he was going to "experiment" before the derby and went on a bit of a rant about "not being a chemist".

To be honest, he’s brought that on himself. He’s perfectly happy to talk absolute bollocks about ‘being happy’ when he’s in a good mood. And then he snaps at people asking very easygoing questions when he’s in a grump.

I don’t actually listen to what he says anymore as it’s impossible to get anything meaningful out of him.

Is the League Cup really that great of a legacy? Even the FA Cup isn't really all that anymore and whom amongst us gets excited at the thought of our playing at Wembley? I was there when we played Rochdale in from of 20k spectators? Were you?

What's the prize for lifting either? A place in the EL. Oh...goodie. Can't even have a parade if you win the League Cup as it's almost mid-season and a bit shit to hold one a few months later.

The FA Cup is a glorious old cup but emphasis on the 'old'. It would be nice to win but not the epoch-shaking event some on here seem to think it would be.

If anything we have been spoilt by Poch not the opposite and are incredibly lucky to have him. We might have given the job full-time to Tim or appointed De Boer in the summer of 2014 instead of Poch.

Be careful of what you wish for.

Crowds for the early rounds of the domestic cup and Europa league games speak volumes.

Majority of people don’t really give a shit about them. That’s crystal clear.

Plenty of people seem to prefer talking a lot of shit about them though.

Is the League Cup really that great of a legacy? Even the FA Cup isn't really all that anymore and whom amongst us gets excited at the thought of our playing at Wembley? I was there when we played Rochdale in from of 20k spectators? Were you?

What's the prize for lifting either? A place in the EL. Oh...goodie. Can't even have a parade if you win the League Cup as it's almost mid-season and a bit shit to hold one a few months later.

The FA Cup is a glorious old cup but emphasis on the 'old'. It would be nice to win but not the epoch-shaking event some on here seem to think it would be.

If anything we have been spoilt by Poch not the opposite and are incredibly lucky to have him. We might have given the job full-time to Tim or appointed De Boer in the summer of 2014 instead of Poch.

Be careful of what you wish for.

Crowds for the early rounds of the domestic cup and Europa league games speak volumes.

Majority of people don’t really give a shit about them. That’s crystal clear.

Plenty of people seem to prefer talking a lot of shit about them though.

The huge question that everyone wants to know the answer to is...............when ?. What time scale would you consider acceptable?
This season or the next, assuming we continue our top 4 position and good progress in the cups. The stadium situation was huge, but we are home and have more revenue and are now established in Europe. I think it will happen soon.

No they’re the people who Poch can do no wrong for and will never criticise him, but will tear the chairman to bits for the same failures
No. They're the people who keep telling us we've never had it so good and we should all be stroking Levy's shaft in gratitude.

No. They're the people who keep telling us we've never had it so good and we should all be stroking Levy's shaft as a result.
Levy is responsible for the things he’s responsible for.

He’s not responsible for the diamond. He hasn’t benched Jan. His training session didn’t injure Ndombele. He didn’t rush Kane back.

We have the best team and manager since the 80s I heard. Levy bought them all, the manager included.
But it’s Levys fault we can’t turn up in a final?

Oh no, losing finals is ok now I forgot.

Back
Top Bottom