Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we can recoup our money on Aurier and start again then I think it's a good move. KWP is a better prospect and already better.

Chances of recouping all our money (£23m or so ?) I'd suggest are very low

Getting some money back to contribute to buying another player is probably the aim - and freeing up another overseas trained player squad place.

According to the Standard the clubs are negotiating now. We want around 17 mil but Brugges want to pay more around 8.

11 mil on deadline day it is.

I undertsand you gotta start high, but anything above 10m is a masterstroke consindering he doesn't seem capable of high intensity football anymore.

Chances of recouping all our money (£23m or so ?) I'd suggest are very low

Getting some money back to contribute to buying another player is probably the aim - and freeing up another overseas trained player squad place.
Possibly - although his rep hasn't been that tarnished since he's been here and is still captain of ivory coast. Add some inflation in and we might not be that far off.
Alright 12mill

That's better
Convicted wife beater.
Avoid.
The guy is both a terrible player and a scumbag, we don’t need people like him. I’d rather play Dier or Sissoko there than that twat.
Danny Simpson??? What??? Fuck that scumbag.
That's a backwards move.

Better to use Dier or Sissoko there or capitalise on Tangangas fine preseason, whilst a CB he has played RB for Spurs youth so definitely worth a try if Aurier is off.
but...but....Danny Simpson won the Premier League so must be good!

Messenger shot by firing squad!

I'm a bit slow (today) but why do we need to pay anything if he's bought by another club? Unless they're offering less wages.

Spurs and the player have a contract to pay £x per week.

If Spurs want to break the contract by selling him to another club, Spurs need to pay out the rest of the players contract by law.

If the player asks for a move (and that often happens in the later stages of negotiation) then player is agreeing to terminate the contract with Spurs and then Spurs have no liability to pay out rest of wages.

I suspect club and player often negotiate to a partial payout of the contract.

Worth remembering that the new club also give the player a signing on fee (typically 5% of the transfer fee), so player has an incentive to move.

Never sure whether journalists get news independently from their club and other 'sources' or follow others. But the Times is not gutter press so lets assume they have independently checked the story !

Whichever its another journalist suggesting N'Koudou is all but done and a deal with Bruges for Wanyama seems to be under way - at a lot lower fee than previously suggested which means chances of success seem a lot higher too,

Never sure whether journalists get news independently from their club and other 'sources' or follow others. But the Times is not gutter press so lets assume they have independently checked the story !

Whichever its another journalist suggesting N'Koudou is all but done and a deal with Bruges for Wanyama seems to be under way - at a lot lower fee than previously suggested which means chances of success seem a lot higher too,

Other news outlets say there is healthy £5m or so additional fees payable if Wanyama signs for Bruges and they qualify for CL.

Start supporting Bruges as our 2nd team ?

Spurs and the player have a contract to pay £x per week.

If Spurs want to break the contract by selling him to another club, Spurs need to pay out the rest of the players contract by law.

If the player asks for a move (and that often happens in the later stages of negotiation) then player is agreeing to terminate the contract with Spurs and then Spurs have no liability to pay out rest of wages.

I suspect club and player often negotiate to a partial payout of the contract.

Worth remembering that the new club also give the player a signing on fee (typically 5% of the transfer fee), so player has an incentive to move.
If the player agrees to the move (which if the transfer is made then he has regardless if he’s asked for it) then this cannot be the case

If the player agrees to the move (which if the transfer is made then he has regardless if he’s asked for it) then this cannot be the case

Not if he's said I'll only agree to the transfer if you pay up the rest of my contract...

In practice if the player is going to a club paying a higher wage the subject doesn't come up.

It's only if the player is going to a club paying a lower wage is the subject going to be a major debate I suspect.

Doesn’t even cover Dybala’s image rights for fuck sake

Not if he's said I'll only agree to the transfer if you pay up the rest of my contract...

In practice if the player is going to a club paying a higher wage the subject doesn't come up.

It's only if the player is going to a club paying a lower wage is the subject going to be a major debate I suspect.
Longer contract and or desire to play comes into it. Very rarely will a players full contract be paid off when they leave for these reasons, only when selling club is desperate, similar to sanchez at man u.

Back
Top Bottom