Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he is great going forward and had a good game. I think his real test will be defending against top wingers. He has the pace but we will see if he has the physical and positional sense to become our first choice RB. Aurier will probably be selected against City. Poch has always rotated his full backs from game to game as he expects them to cover a lot of ground.

Second game of the season with a week's break in between. No need to rotate this early.

Play KWP instead Aurier against City.

We can re-assess KWP after he'd played a dozen games in a row,

He was solid on Saturday, however City will offer far more than Villa did.

He has to play vs City. People who say he has only shown himself vs lower quality sides and point to that Barcelona mistake are missing the point. Apart from that Barcelona game he has only played against lower quality sides. If he is rewarded with a start at the Etihad and does well that will boost him significantly because we will all know for sure he belongs at this level.

He has to play vs City. People who say he has only shown himself vs lower quality sides and point to that Barcelona mistake are missing the point. Apart from that Barcelona game he has only played against lower quality sides. If he is rewarded with a start at the Etihad and does well that will boost him significantly because we will all know for sure he belongs at this level.

Even if he does poor, it doesn't mean he doesn't belong at this level.

It's Man City ffs.

Be crazy to start him against City. It's too big a jump to anything he's faced before. Rose was damaged by having to play in games he wasn't ready for. I remember Kyle Walker was also played away to Sunderland very early in his career and got absolutely destroyed. He's shown he can be trusted against the lesser teams at home, next should be the more difficult home games and away games outside the top 6. City have players that could take him to the cleaners and set his confidence a long way back.

We also have a looming problem with Aurier, more and more rumours he wants out due to lack of game time. If we lose him, following on from Trippier, we'll be gambling with our top 4 place.

Be crazy to start him against City. It's too big a jump to anything he's faced before. Rose was damaged by having to play in games he wasn't ready for. I remember Kyle Walker was also played away to Sunderland very early in his career and got absolutely destroyed. He's shown he can be trusted against the lesser teams at home, next should be the more difficult home games and away games outside the top 6. City have players that could take him to the cleaners and set his confidence a long way back.

We also have a looming problem with Aurier, more and more rumours he wants out due to lack of game time. If we lose him, following on from Trippier, we'll be gambling with our top 4 place.

Out of interest, who would you start at RB then...

Danny Rose was actually excellent at left back when converted there by Redknapp in 2011.

Put in an excellent shift away at City and then got a MOTM away at Anfield, which was actually the last time we beat Liverpool away from home.

He then didn't get another run of games at left back for about 12 months, where again he put in some really good performances before becoming public enemy #1 by getting sent off against Aston Villa in a must win.

His reputation with Spurs fans didn't really recover after that for about 2 and a half years. But it wasn't due to his ability. He always gave 100%, he just had lapses of concentration (which he still has now) and when you mix that with an already unpopular character at the time and it was a disaster until Pochettino came in and we started seeing how committed he was to Poch and the team.

Different players anyway. Rose is a full blooded player, who relies on power and bulldozing opponents whereas KWP is a lot better on the ball than Rose is. If KWP isn't allowed to play against the likes of City, then really what is the point?

He's our right back now. We need to back him, give him a run in the team and let him show us what he's about, because he hasn't had a chance over the last 4 years to do so.

KWP’s defensive positioning has been consistently terrible in any game where he’s had to defend. Playing him against City is a mistake. Aurier hasn’t been any kind of defensive genius, but I think he gives us a better chance to get something from the game.

I thought KWP had a decent game although he was restricted in many ways by either AV not attempting to go forward much and the lack of width in front of him, If memory serves me well there was only one over lap on the right side all match and I feel he could of either over lapped himself or had someone else over lap for him.

He was up against attackers who were defending the majority of the game and ones who never played in the prem for one. I would take this game with a grain of salt. We all know he's a good option for these kinds of games. But if we are to challenge for the title and win trophies we need to buy an elite RB this winter.

Good enough to play against lower PL sides but when it comes to the best this bloke is out of his depth.

MasculineBountifulGnatcatcher-size_restricted.gif
He made one mistake in that game, but he didn't let that faze him, and he showed a lot of character by playing well for the rest of the game.
IMO he has deserved his chance to be our right back.

Back
Top Bottom