Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Played first game of the season for 3rd season in a row.

Very good performances in each, he impresses again today. Needs a run of games and we'll have a viable RB for the next decade (and we need 2 RB's for rotation)

Played first game of the season for 3rd season in a row.

Very good performances in each, he impresses again today. Needs a run of games and we'll have a viable RB for the next decade (and we need 2 RB's for rotation)

He didn't play our opening game last season.

But agree with the rest.

Good game for him to start out with. Didn't have to do much defending one on one with El-Ghazi, so the big tests still awaits. Still not convinced he'll do a good job against Mané, Sterling etc.

I hope he'll get there, and I'm happy for him tonight

Good today but I am shitting myself thinking about him against Sterling next week. May not even start if we got with a back 3 with Sissoko at RWB.

Nothing to change my opinion. He had a very solid game but still don't think he will be good enough for us. Best case he could be a decent backup for a couple more years.

He showed that he's quite capable of being an EPL regular for us, sure Man City will be a whole new level but that's the same for any team. What we need is a FB who will stay switched on for 90 minutes in games where we have 70% possession, that was (still is) Walker's problem, and Tripps was always a game away from a screw up as well ... KWP is as good as pretty much any EPL defender ... it should be remembered that under the new rules the forwards have all the advantages, there will be more goals, more defenders caught out, more opportunities created so to expect clean sheets every week is no longer realistic ... 3-1 will do fine more fun to watch anyway.

Thought he done brilliant today, hopefully this helps his confidence.

Is stronger than he seems you know.
I liked that he didn't allow McGinn to bully him about and get away with kicking at him whilst he was on the ground. KWP stood his ground. This was probably first game where I felt that he asserted himself that way. He's had games where he has produced assists and points. But this was the first time he actually felt like a senior player and not just a newly promoted junior.

He showed that he's quite capable of being an EPL regular for us, sure Man City will be a whole new level but that's the same for any team. What we need is a FB who will stay switched on for 90 minutes in games where we have 70% possession, that was (still is) Walker's problem, and Tripps was always a game away from a screw up as well ... KWP is as good as pretty much any EPL defender ... it should be remembered that under the new rules the forwards have all the advantages, there will be more goals, more defenders caught out, more opportunities created so to expect clean sheets every week is no longer realistic ... 3-1 will do fine more fun to watch anyway.

As good as any defender in the league? Well that's just silly. And what new rules exactly do you think are going to change football as we know it and render clean sheets obsolete. You really do talk some grade A horse shit at times.

Back
Top Bottom