New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Service at half time on Level 3 in the South Stand yesterday was horrendous, I went out at 42 minutes and had no more than 10 people ahead of me in the queue but the second half kicked off before I got served. How can it be that slow? The bottom up pints were pouring pure head and the tills froze

Service at half time on Level 3 in the South Stand yesterday was horrendous, I went out at 42 minutes and had no more than 10 people ahead of me in the queue but the second half kicked off before I got served. How can it be that slow? The bottom up pints were pouring pure head and the tills froze
Bizarre, isn't it? With contactless payments everywhere and the quick-filling pints I don't get how the queues don't move more quickly.

Lack of motivation/co-ordination by the bar staff? From what I saw they could do with better bar management. It's an awful lot of revenue lost in taking so long to serve.

Walked back along Brantwood Road after the game yesterday and all the away coaches lined up so lots of Villa fans. Bit of an edge and a few verbals, but luckily no flare ups as no cops to be seen anywhere (surely they should be positioned where the away fans gather... )
Pretty sure the away buses must have been somewhere else last season as don't remember walking past them - anyone know if this is a permanent change for this year?

Mark

The ability of the bar staff to resolve issues is non existent. If something breaks they all just stand around looking at each other, grunting at punters.

Get them in on a non match day and train them up, for fuck’s sake, it’s not difficult.

We've paid peanuts and got monkeys. Pay the living wage, pay for the same staff to be provided every time, pay for them to be properly trained and they'll do well. At the moment we don't commit to the living wage, and pay the minimum for random agency staff who don't know what they're doing and aren't familiar with the stadium or football in general (e.g. the need to serve a lot of people very quickly at HT).

We've paid peanuts and got monkeys. Pay the living wage, pay for the same staff to be provided every time, pay for them to be properly trained and they'll do well. At the moment we don't commit to the living wage, and pay the minimum for random agency staff who don't know what they're doing and aren't familiar with the stadium or football in general (e.g. the need to serve a lot of people very quickly at HT).
It's not too much to ask for decent service. But it's a gig for people, not a full-time job. A living wage isn't the problem, it's just finding decent and competent people.

Club Statement in the Annual Accounts :

London Living Wage The Group is pleased to confirm that it is committed to paying all staff the London Living Wage, with any annual increases reflected in the salary review process. As we have had the opportunity to tender on external contractors to the new stadium we have ensured that all future contracts endorse this position and any external contractors who work with the Group going into the new stadium will contractually have to pay their staff the London Living Wage. The Directors wanted to include this statement within its audited Annual Report to underline its compliance with best practice.

The stadium is not open every day which is why it relies upon Agency staff to man bars etc. The agency in turn cannot guarantee the same staff turn up to man the bars, so there will need to be constant staff training.

I'd guess over a few months/year we'd find that most of the regular agency staff have worked at Spurs before which will ease things - however if the set up at Spurs is different to standard (eg bottom filling pints etc) its always difficult for staff to immediately adapt ! But nothing to do with pay rates, all to do with familiarisation with technology !

Could there be an issue with the way the microphones are set up?

I hear a lot of posters say there's good noise on match day but it doesn't always seem to come through so well on tv.
(With the exception of a big "oh when the Spurs" sing song, which would be picked up by anyone I imagine.)

Waiting in the queue for a pint and watching as the barmaid bounced at least two plastic cups onto the floor when clumsily pushing them onto the taps.

tenor.gif

We don't have anything to do with directly running the operation it's franchised through LEVY (no connection) if the service is shit complain to the club they can then take it up with the contractor ... this is very important to the club so let your feelings be known that gives us more leverage with LEVY ...

Levy Restaurants Tottenham's catering partner

Hope they do something to the upper corners next to the large video screens on the South stand. Just a wall of gray up their. Could easily put some images or something visually interesting. Hell if they just add blue covering like they did in the tunnel entrances it would look better.

I reckon this is because they are all from an agency and therefore different staff every game. Common practise in many stadia. That’s why you see them being trained all the time.

I think the 'bottom up' dispensers just don't work, saw this mentioned by some Liverpool fans saying they had the system and dumped it because it didn't work!

Back
Top Bottom