New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And that away tickets remain firmly in the hands of the top tier loyalty point hoarders.
Totally agree that PL away ticket allocation is absurd.I and 30,000 other ST holders will never be able to accumulate enough LPs to get anywhere near an away ticket.Look online/twitter however and there are loads of Spurs tickets for Man City away available to buy, many at way over face value.I do not what would represent a fair and equitable away allocation method but the current system,where the entire away allocation always does and always will be shared out amongst the 5/6000 ST holders with the most LPs,is flawed.
I am a member of THST and for the most part think they do an excellent job.I do suspect however that while the Trust openly acknowledge that the away allocation procedures are far from perfect that self interest probably stops them from actively seeking a solution.
I would like to hear other people’s opinions and I fully accept that many long term ST holders,who have followed the team away for years through thick and thin certainly deserve to be at the front of the queue when tickets are being distributed.

Totally agree that PL away ticket allocation is absurd.I and 30,000 other ST holders will never be able to accumulate enough LPs to get anywhere near an away ticket.Look online/twitter however and there are loads of Spurs tickets for Man City away available to buy, many at way over face value.I do not what would represent a fair and equitable away allocation method but the current system,where the entire away allocation always does and always will be shared out amongst the 5/6000 ST holders with the most LPs,is flawed.
I am a member of THST and for the most part think they do an excellent job.I do suspect however that while the Trust openly acknowledge that the away allocation procedures are far from perfect that self interest probably stops them from actively seeking a solution.
I would like to hear other people’s opinions and I fully accept that many long term ST holders,who have followed the team away for years through thick and thin certainly deserve to be at the front of the queue when tickets are being distributed.
Put a percentage of the available tickets in ballet for ST Holders under the cut off? I seem to remember Leeds kept 15% for non ST holders or young people I can't quite remember which.

Put a percentage of the available tickets in ballet for ST Holders under the cut off? I seem to remember Leeds kept 15% for non ST holders or young people I can't quite remember which.
Leeds will have few fewer ST holders though, and lower away demand, but very similar allocations. We've got 42k ST holders, another 8k Premium ones, a large percentage of those would like away tickets, but there's only 3k or so available per game. There's no system there which is going to keep everyone happy except fighting for larger away allocations across the board. The LP system isn't perfect but it does largely work - if you sign up to Gold and go to all the crap domestic cup matches at home then you'll start having enough points for a small but decent percentage of away games and you can build up from there.

I have been banging on about this for years. I don't even bother applying for away tickets anymore as it is pointless. I don't even bother look at the application dates.

I think I worked it out that you had to attend every home (league and cups) for around 4 seasons to be anywhere close to having a shout at an away ticket. Unfortunately not everyone has the time and/or money. Some people are carers, some people have kids to look after, some people do shift work or live too far away to do mid week games. Etc etc.

It is also a 5 year rolling system which means you have maintain that level of commitment as year one points roll off.

Which is why once someone is in that exclusive club they play the game to stay in it.

I'd probably do the same in their shoes. Which is why the system needs tweaking.

Stop awarding ticketing points for heavily over subscribed successful away applications would be a small but relevant tweak. E.g. no loyalty points for attending Woolwich away, etc. etc.

The moment you change it you will have a vocal minority that will say its unfair as they have done the hard miles and are the most committed etc. and they will also be right.

Its a real tough one, if there is an effective way to ensure those that buy away tickets are the ones that are travelling that would be a good starting point.

The moment you change it you will have a vocal minority that will say its unfair as they have done the hard miles and are the most committed etc. and they will also be right.

Its a real tough one, if there is an effective way to ensure those that buy away tickets are the ones that are travelling that would be a good starting point.

This. This is what’s fucking it up for everyone - ST holders with enough points snap them up, then sell them on to some Heung Min Son fans - how is that being “loyal”.

Very good mate of mine is a Man City ST holder, and he’s quite honest about doing the exact same thing - buys his away tickets, then just sells them on.

All well and good The Club banging on about unauthorised ticket touts etc., but they clearly don’t do anything about it.

Just open the lot up for ballot, and pull em out of a hat.

This. This is what’s fucking it up for everyone - ST holders with enough points snap them up, then sell them on to some Heung Min Son fans - how is that being “loyal”.

Very good mate of mine is a Man City ST holder, and he’s quite honest about doing the exact same thing - buys his away tickets, then just sells them on.

All well and good The Club banging on about unauthorised ticket touts etc., but they clearly don’t do anything about it.

Just open the lot up for ballot, and pull em out of a hat.
Go back and read the thread for the first game at NWHL - the same argument (pretty much) is there regarding "loyalty" and "fairness". it gets quite vitriol and both sides have a point. What shouldn't be in question is those that sell their tickets to keep points up to go to the choice games. You would hope we are close to resolving this with technology, from what I read / seen no club (which has demand) has a decent solution.

Go back and read the thread for the first game at NWHL - the same argument (pretty much) is there regarding "loyalty" and "fairness". it gets quite vitriol and both sides have a point. What shouldn't be in question is those that sell their tickets to keep points up to go to the choice games. You would hope we are close to resolving this with technology, from what I read / seen no club (which has demand) has a decent solution.

As I've said before, it can't be that hard to send a couple of staff along to away matches with hand held scanners to scan the ticket and membership card to ensure they match. No match, no entry. Take the season ticket (or just loyalty points) off the members who consistently flout the rules.

Wouldn't be impossible to stop. A few times each season, insist on ID checks against the name on the ticket before entry without prior warning. If on more than a couple of occasions somebody has a ticket but doesn't turn up to get into the ground on these occassions (or, of course, whoever has the ticket fails the ID check) ban them from further applications. A minor hassle for genuine fans but more than worth it and you'd need fewer and fewer checks after the first couple of years once the problem was ironed out.

The problem is supply and demand - we get 3,000 tickets and >30,000 want one - however you decide to distribute the tickets 9/10 will always be unhappy, that's simple math for you. If you go to away games then you know it's the same faces every week, the theory that 'loads' of tickets go on sale just isn't true. Sure some do, there are always reasons ST's can't make games, not least the bloody TV companies, but having been an away season ticket holder for many years I can say with absolute certainty that the vast majority of away season ticket holders are as hardcore Spurs as you will ever meet ... if it takes five years going to every game there is to get on that list, then that's what it takes. All I've read so far is people looking for short cuts to jump the queue, of course deal with the 'touts' but don't tar the vast majority with that same brush ... the guys with away season tickets have all done their hard yards, they deserve to be respected.

I feel the away ticket system is he best available. The only tweak it need is making sure that people who use the ticket are the ST holders who apply for it.

The club have said that a random number of away tickets this year will have to be picked up from the away ground on the day of the game with photo ID. It's a step that I hope deters a lot of those people at the top just buying and selling.

A weird side effect of the £30 cap on ticket price is that people will just eat the cost of it, this wasn't as prevalent when tickets where going for £50-£60

Here’s a crazy idea: clubs can embrace capitalism and charge the market clearing price for away tickets rather than passing that money on to touts.

Bring on the disagrees!

Here’s a crazy idea: clubs can embrace capitalism and charge the market clearing price for away tickets rather than passing that money on to touts.

Bring on the disagrees!

Most clubs don't sell out their away allocations, so you could argue the £30 fixed price (you never really see it lower than the cap) is too high........Spurs are just a successful team with wealthy fans.

Most clubs don't sell out their away allocations, so you could argue the £30 fixed price (you never really see it lower than the cap) is too high........Spurs are just a successful team with wealthy fans.

I shoulda supported one of the teams with poor fans! Could go to away matches and cause a riot by throwing a handful of pounds in the air.

:levylol:

Ballots would not help and in fact would probably make the situation worse with even less tickets in the rightful hands IMO.

A few more checks and as I mentioned; less points for attending the bloody obviously high demands that are not a reflection of loyalty and serve only to widen the gap/maintain status quo.

Back
Top Bottom