Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

His goal was fantastic and some of his passes looked incredibly promising. But if he wants to be a great midfield general, he has to increase his workrate. You could see Eriksen just demanding the ball when he came on. We need that sort of energy from Ndombele too. He hasn't been under Poch's conditioning regime as long as the rest of the team, so hopefully he will get there.
Although I agree with your overall point, to be completely fair CE came on with less then 30 mins left. There are times when Eriksen will get lost when he plays a full match. The difference is that moment of brilliance and I think Tanguy, like Christian, has that.

Thought he had a solid debut. He seemed a bit unsure of his positioning in the first half (all 3 of our midfielders did, to be fair) and then came into the game more and more. His ability to carry the ball and pass forward is clear.

Dembele was a monster defensively, hopefully Ndombele grows into that as well. It was a very underrated part of why we were so good defensively in the early Poch years.

When he is fully cooked and ready, he should replace Sissoko completely. Both in the team doesn't work. Ideally he will do everything Sissoko does, but better. Which opens up room for someone like Skipp to get in and bring some more controlled possession into our midfield.

Thought he had a solid debut. He seemed a bit unsure of his positioning in the first half (all 3 of our midfielders did, to be fair) and then came into the game more and more. His ability to carry the ball and pass forward is clear.

Dembele was a monster defensively, hopefully Ndombele grows into that as well. It was a very underrated part of why we were so good defensively in the early Poch years.
He will never be as good as Dembele was defensively. But he’ll make up for it in assists and build up play.

Winks may be wearing the 8 but he’ll need to play more like a 6 with Ndombele and Lo Celso.

What the fuck is this?

Could we have more than one competitive game played by Ndombele before the racism archeologists try to spin how terribly misunderstood he is?

The same Ndombele who literally had to drop fat in france to get his career going, and anyone sensible knows will take a little while to reach the fitness levels (including BMI) that Poch demands.

Oh, and that's the same 'misunderstood' Onomah there who's just been shown the door by Poch. Hmm.

What the fuck is this?

Could we have more than one competitive game played by Ndombele before the racism archeologists try to spin how terribly misunderstood he is?

The same Ndombele who literally had to drop fat in france to get his career going, and anyone sensible knows will take a little while to reach the fitness levels (including BMI) that Poch demands.

Oh, and that's the same 'misunderstood' Onomah there who's just been shown the door by Poch. Hmm.

When the demand for actual racism exceeds the supply.

When the demand for actual racism exceeds the supply.
Fun response. Not really an actual reply to my point but cheers.

I don't think so. Dembele was better defensively and Ndombele is better going forward. They would have been amazing in the same team together
A team with both would certainly be something to behold. I do see him being able to fulfil a similar role though - both capable of beating players (albeit in a different manner with Dembele always going for that direct dribble whereas Ndombele seems to turn).

Looks clear that Ndombele has more in his locker with the confidence to shoot and better passing - lovely cross into the box that Kane could have done a better job heading.

Either way, a great start for him yesterday. Man City next - a team we know he can dominate!

Ndombele - Winks - Lo Celso is easily the second best midfield in the league and who knows in 2 years time.. Winks is the 'oldest' of those 3.
I’m going to say that in an ideal 4-2-3-1, one of Winks, NDombele and Lo Celso shouldn’t play. To me they have one thing in common - progression with the ball under pressure, but neither of them is more specialized in breaking up counter-attacks, tackling, etc. So if we want to play NDombele to his full strength in a 4-2-3-1, I’d say he needs someone like the good old Wanyama.
Winks is not great defensively and Lo Celso is definitely not that either.

Back
Top Bottom