Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually don't get why people are giving Sissoko so little credit?
I could totally see him being important part of this season as well. Just he should not be used in attacking position as he was in 1st game. His decisionmaking in oppo box / near it is not good enough.

But he can cover a lot of ground, works back to defence A LOT, and can carry the ball if there is room for it.

So if we play 4-3-3, either combo of Ndombele-Winks-Sissoko or Ndombele-Sissoko-Lo Celso could totally work. He helps to take room off from CM's of the opposition team while Ndombele is more of a passmaster.
I'm not necessarily saying that we must get rid of Sissoko, I know that he deserves some respect. But I think we need to move on from this idea that popular players need to be shoe-horned in somehow. The squad depth matters, and I think Poch should mainly use him as a rotation option to keep things fresh; and if necessary to play both, then deploy him in a different specific role that doesn't overlap with Ndombele's space. Either as a pure holding defensive player, which I don't know if he has the discipline for, or maybe even as a RB...

I'm not necessarily saying that we must get rid of Sissoko, I know that he deserves some respect. But I think we need to move on from this idea that popular players need to be shoe-horned in somehow. The squad depth matters, and I think Poch should mainly use him as a rotation option to keep things fresh; and if necessary to play both, then deploy him in a different specific role that doesn't overlap with Ndombele's space. Either as a pure holding defensive player, which I don't know if he has the discipline for, or maybe even as a RB...

Yea, I get what you are saying. I don't think either that we should force popular players in.
Rather I think that last season proved that he can be very capable box-to-box player in the midfield. Someone in let's say Matuidi or Doucoure mold. Someone we really haven't had around for a while (I thought of Capoue, but he was more defense-minded; from physical side he is bit like Wanyama, but he is way more dynamical and not as able tackler). His asset is strong physique, stamina and closing down players.

We might not need him in every single game, but all in all I think over course of the season, we could use such player in most of the games we play. I don't see him and Ndombele overlapping really. Ndombele is more of a dribbler and passer. Sissoko is a workhorse. You need workhorses to keep the team ticking.

Considering how unrealistic it seemed mid way through last season, it makes me smile so much seeing this thread title. He’s going to be incredible for us.

I’m surprised Star Images’ office in Malta hasn’t been burnt to the ground yet.
hqdefault.jpg

Popped up on my Twitter and made me realise that Ndombele is likely to be our press resistant Wanyama replacement than our Dembele replacement.

Whilst not a DM like Wanyama was (even though he wasn't really a pure DM for us), he isn't going to control a game like Dembele did for us on many occasions, but he is going to allow us to beat a press and carry the ball forward in a way both Wanyama and Dembele did for us successfully and something that Dier hasn't done and Winks isn't instructed to do so as Winks' method is to move the ball forward not himself (ball moves faster than any man).

I'll definitely take a season similar to Wanyamas in 16/17 from Ndombele that's for sure. Who, let's not forget, scored on his home debut for us also ;)

Is this lad really on 200k per week?
I guess Levy got scared of all the 'pay what they want' people around or something.

That’s quite eye opening. Remarkable that players like Rose, Alderweireld and Eriksen are on less than £100kpw.

To be fair I think Toby & Eriksen have repeatedly turned down offers over £100k per week, and although Danny might say 'he knows what hes worth', I'm not convinced he is worth much more than he's on.

Also no idea how accurate these figures are - just my source from a quick Google.

Back
Top Bottom