Inter Milan H Sun 4 Aug 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A little tired of our players working the ball nicely to the sides of the box, only to twat a hard ball along the ground that either:

- never has a chance of reaching our players in the middle
- smacks the intended player so hard that they have no chance of controlling it to get a shot away

I'm all for more avoiding endless crosses to Kane's head, but this approach also seems very hit and hope
:avbshit:

My biggest area of concern for us this season is RB, we are going to leak so many goals down that side, criminal that we let Trippier go without having a replacement ready and the thing is, Trippier was shit, how hard is it to find an improvement on him?
It's a point of weakness for so many teams, there is just a lack of real quality RB's. I'm not really defending Trippier here, but you could do worse when you look around at many other teams. Look at the teams that he was linked to when the rumors first started about him leaving. Good, high-powered teams were all apparently interested and still ended up going to Atletico.

It was the right decision for him to go but I agree that we should have had a replacement lined up.

A little tired of our players working the ball nicely to the sides of the box, only to twat a hard ball along the ground that either:

- smacks the intended player so hard that they have no chance of controlling it to get a shot away

I'm all for more avoiding endless crosses to Kane's head, but this approach also seems very hit and hope
Missing another playmaker in the final third. Swap GLC for Sissoko and it’s a very different first half.

We need to become a team who can play much more intricate stuff from a standing position, and to do that we need a more dramatic transformation of our squad quality than just 1 or 2 signings, and it doesn't look like it's happening this window.

Diamond formation for you, no idea why Poch is so obssessed with it.

Winks is a very likeable, tidy and technically good player but he has got to take more risks with his passing, there are times when there is a more incisive pass available and he rejects making it and chooses a safer option.
If he doesn’t develop this part of his game it limits what formations you can play him in.

Back
Top Bottom