Spurs vs Man Utd. ICC, 25/7/19, KO 12:30pm BST. Shanghai

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol everyone so mad about me saying Son is better than Kane.

If someone said Messi is better than Ronaldo, I would not be saying go back to Argentinaor go to the Argentinian Forum lol.

Here is another one for you haters.

SON IS BETTER THAN KANE.

Can't tell if you are talking about Son or Kane falling over his own feet and going Awol.

Honestly fella, I don't think Kane is above criticism, and agree wholeheartedly that he can look clumsy, especially when he tries to dribble, and can go through phases of looking a bit off colour, but Son rarely ever seems to have the ball under full control - he'll waste chances through poor first touch continually, like today - he's weak without the ball and he's greedy, but doesn't score enough to justify that greed, unlike Kane who can also be greedy, and then he can just go missing for weeks completely.

And when Kane is not scoring he's still giving the side something, he hustles and roughs up the opposition, when Son isn't scoring he flits around like cack footed feather caught in a strong breeze.

They are different species, Kane's an uber 9, Son is more a wide forward. But 95 weeks out of 100 I'll take Kane in my side over Son if I have to choose one of them.

Reading people actually trying to look at Poch's tactical awareness in a game like this is funny. I'd be pissed at Poch if he actually tried to show the way he will play United when it counts in a friendly in Asia. The same basics go for the first teamers.

I love that we're back on a pitch and it's great to take a look at Parrot and Skipp et all, but there are no real takeaways from a game like this. It's a fitness exercise for both sides and to raise money from Asian corporate partners.

As soon as the matches count, go crazy, but right now just enjoy the games.

We just look unimaginative, not sure it's tactics/formation or just players.

Without Eriksen we just have little imagination with the ball and are so predictable.

Lo Celso is the player we need. He pays with his head up, takes on a defender and has superb passing vision. This may be pre-season, but for me we still look far too predicable on the ball.

Oh and did i say that KWP is no use as a starting right back? He was fucking woeful again.

Reading people actually trying to look at Poch's tactical awareness in a game like this is funny. I'd be pissed at Poch if he actually tried to show the way he will play United when it counts in a friendly in Asia. The same basics go for the first teamers.

I love that we're back on a pitch and it's great to take a look at Parrot and Skipp et all, but there are no real takeaways from a game like this. It's a fitness exercise for both sides and to raise money from Asian corporate partners.

As soon as the matches count, go crazy, but right now just enjoy the games.
Exactly.
These "tournaments" are just the old pre season friendlies under a different name.

Half time streaming message for everyone trying to watch...apologies if you've seen it before :

Do you have an android tablet or mobile phone ?? If so go to www.tvtap.net and download and install the android version then checkout the available channels ...mind blowing !! also another great one is www.livenettv.xyz again just download and install, let it update automatically and then choose the Sports tab at the top.

When you get any adverts at the beginning (usually two at the most) let them run until an X appears in the top corner allowing you to exit or try pressing your 'back' button once. After that it's plain sailing my friend.....enjoy.

If you have an amazon firestick select the magnifying glass just to the left of the Home screen and type in Downloader then run that app and it will ask for a URL address. Type in www.tvtap.net but this time install the firestick version, you can also put livenet on there as well.

Finally, go to the google playstore and download an app called SportEventz and also Live Soccer TV. This lists all football matches everywhere for present and future days of the week. Click on a certain match and it will show channels/streams which are broadcasting the game. You can watch every single 3pm Saturday kick off .

The apps also allow you to 'cast' the picture to a TV screen....magic.

Both have MUTV on them....... another great place is Swift Stream Live TV | Sports,News,Entertainments ::
For anyone who doesn't have an android phone they can download Nox Player on their PC, It's basically an android phone emulator...

Friendly or not, selfish and stupid. Everyone knew he would shoot the free kick and everyone knew he wouldn't score. And he's selfish in official matches too. He's far better than a player that just shoots the ball, but needs to be more of a creator when needed, cause he has the skills.

Getting sick of the Kane bashers that come out of the wood work every time he doesn't score from the half way line.

Does it ever occur to you that he plays how Poch tells him to? I.e. Your shooting is so good you should take every opportunity to shoot when it comes along?

Last edited:
No. But you never saw the value of investment and unfortunately I haven't seen anything from KWP thus far. I hope he prooves me wrong, but I'm very nervous about that RB position.

I see the value of investment when needed.
I find it hilarious that when I criticise Dele and Eriksen and say Id happily upgrade them, people like you get offended and say shit like:

“WHAT??? JUST GOT TO THE CL FINAL AND ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU???!!!”

But you don’t apply the same rules for the RB.
I’d like us to invest WAY more than you do.

I’d like to see the likes of Rabiot, Dybala, Bale, Sane come in and challenge Dele and replace Eriksen.

For me, that would see us challenge for real.

Others think that Wan Bissaka and Sessengon will win the PL, then want to sit there and tell me about improving the squad.
Hahahahaha

And we haven't even had our best 11 playing together yet.

Meanwhile United have had 5 preseason games and played the game today like a cup final because they are desperate to try and beat us because they think it means something in preseason.

It doesn't mean fuck all, we will utterly spank them in the league.

We haven't signed our best 11 yet.

Sat down to watch it, saw it kick off then got called into a meeting, which has just finished!!!

Is it worth re-watching?

(Couldn't give a fuck about the score, just want to see some nice bites of football. If we were awful, then that will also make me watch too, just not interested if it's a boring slow tempo game).

Ta muchly.
Not really - all a bit shit. Didn't stop me from watching though.

Preseason blah blah blah...

BUT

I think today illustrated why Sissoko would be a fantastic sub at 60 minutes and likely should not be starting week in and week out. There will be times where he is starting because of injuries and tactical considerations, but he is not in our best XI going forward.

First I've seen white play and he looks quite promising, hope few of them get to play on the early rounds of the League cup

Back
Top Bottom