Spurs vs Man Utd. ICC, 25/7/19, KO 12:30pm BST. Shanghai

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would like to see Roles get a go as the ACM top of the diamond, maybe put Lamela back as the 8. You get Roles nearvthe box and he’s going to sniff a chance
I’d love to see us play players in their proper positions this season to be honest, with what we already have and who we may sign if we are still accommodating the “he can do a job there” mentality then we are coming up short again....

And we haven't even had our best 11 playing together yet.

Meanwhile United have had 5 preseason games and played the game today like a cup final because they are desperate to try and beat us because they think it means something in preseason.

It doesn't mean fuck all, we will utterly spank them in the league.
I don't understand this post either. Cup final? Are they West Ham or something? I really doubt they really cared much.
Spank them in the league? We don't know yet, I don't like to make assumptions before, because in football you never know.

Last edited:
pre season means nothing unless Dele and Eriksen tear it up
animated-fishing-image-0138.gif

Lol everyone so mad about me saying Son is better than Kane.

If someone said Messi is better than Ronaldo, I would not be saying go back to Argentinaor go to the Argentinian Forum lol.

Here is another one for you haters.

SON IS BETTER THAN KANE.

Son better than Kane, LOL. The bloke can do brilliant things occasionally, but spends half his time tripping over his own feet and can go awol for weeks at a time, even when he’s on the pitch.

Can't tell if you are talking about Son or Kane falling over his own feet and going Awol.

Last 30 minutes was probably our best phase of that game, the only phase we had three footballers in midfield.
Based on what I’ve seen so far Skipp is the midfielder who made the strongest claim for a start against Villa. He may have been caught out for the second goal today but he is so positive and brave on the ball, he can play dangerous passes from deep inside our own half and he never pulls out of a 50/50. He does things that Sissoko would never even think of doing.

Ndombele looked heavy but he will need time to adjust to the demands of our style. I’m sure that he will be eased into the team as his physique improves over the early weeks of the season.

Completely agree about Skipp.

Ndombele has always had a slightly odd, laboured looking gait, he sort of runs with his chest forward and arse back like he's constantly leaning forwards.

If we don't sign LoCelso and are going to continue to play this diamond, I wouldn't mind seeing Marsh given a crack at the 6, with Skipp and Ndombele as the 8's and Eriksen at the tip. Or Skipp as the 6, with Ndombele/Winks as the 8's.

And I don't understand why Poch didn't mix up his striker pairings. He played two 9's first half, then two wide forwards together second. He should have mixed that up and had Moura off Kane and Son playing off Parrott.

Half time streaming message for everyone trying to watch...apologies if you've seen it before :

Do you have an android tablet or mobile phone ?? If so go to www.tvtap.net and download and install the android version then checkout the available channels ...mind blowing !! also another great one is www.livenettv.xyz again just download and install, let it update automatically and then choose the Sports tab at the top.

When you get any adverts at the beginning (usually two at the most) let them run until an X appears in the top corner allowing you to exit or try pressing your 'back' button once. After that it's plain sailing my friend.....enjoy.

If you have an amazon firestick select the magnifying glass just to the left of the Home screen and type in Downloader then run that app and it will ask for a URL address. Type in www.tvtap.net but this time install the firestick version, you can also put livenet on there as well.

Finally, go to the google playstore and download an app called SportEventz and also Live Soccer TV. This lists all football matches everywhere for present and future days of the week. Click on a certain match and it will show channels/streams which are broadcasting the game. You can watch every single 3pm Saturday kick off .

The apps also allow you to 'cast' the picture to a TV screen....magic.

Both have MUTV on them....... another great place is Swift Stream Live TV | Sports,News,Entertainments ::
Cheers for this.
Worked a treat :)

I’d love to see us play players in their proper positions this season to be honest, with what we already have and who we may sign if we are still accommodating the “he can do a job there” mentality then we are coming up short again....

Same with the striker pairings as I said above, why play two no.9's together, then play the two more direct zippy wide forwards together - why no mix those pairings up and have a 9 with a zippy direct running fucker each half ?

Lol everyone so mad about me saying Son is better than Kane.

If someone said Messi is better than Ronaldo, I would not be saying go back to Argentinaor go to the Argentinian Forum lol.

Here is another one for you haters.

SON IS BETTER THAN KANE.

Can't tell if you are talking about Son or Kane falling over his own feet and going Awol.
The sad thing is that you can't praise Son without hating on Kane. You are obviously a Son fanboy (who somehow thinks there is a competition going on between Spurs players) instead of a Spurs fan and this is a Spurs forum after all.

Some good and bad impressions here. White seemed very good in LB, Parrott, again, looked very promising and by far our better attacking player in firs half. Skippy was top quality again. Tanganga had another good game, so had Foyth, Lamela, Son and Lucas. Our possibly first team players were all not good enough, Ndombele very lazy in midfield, so was Alli, as always in the last games we had. KWP isn't good enough, we should offload him this window. And Kane free kick from almost half way line against De Gea says a lot about his attitude towards the team, needs to be less selfish! Winks and Sissoko out of rhytim.

That's Ndombeles style, doubt it will change. He is not the type to scurry around

Sat down to watch it, saw it kick off then got called into a meeting, which has just finished!!!

Is it worth re-watching?

(Couldn't give a fuck about the score, just want to see some nice bites of football. If we were awful, then that will also make me watch too, just not interested if it's a boring slow tempo game).

Ta muchly.

We were not awful. Just disjointed. The pitch didn't help either team. United looked a bit further down the line fitness wise and played their A team first and played it like a PL game and had a clearer identity as a team.

We played it like an exercise in gaining fitness and experimentation. It's worth the watch I guess. Parrott looked good again and Dele should have scored but overall United were much better first half.

Second half they made 11 changes and we made a few. Their intensity dropped and it became a friendly for them. We were better, Son and Moura did well bar end product, Skipp did well again after a shaky start. We deserved a draw but that's in the context of United dropping their level by making 11 subs.

What I took from the game:

We don't need to re-sign Llorente, Parrott is good enough.
We need to sign a RB because KWP isn't good enough.
Sissoko and Dele, for all their good points, will make it difficult for us to be a truly good, fast passing technical team when they play.
Skipp is good enough to compete for a place.
Roles is best served going on loan.
We should keep Rose.
Harvey White has a lot of potential.

It was a friendly ffs, and nowhere near the half way line. Too central to cross so every right to shoot.
Friendly or not, selfish and stupid. Everyone knew he would shoot the free kick and everyone knew he wouldn't score. And he's selfish in official matches too. He's far better than a player that just shoots the ball, but needs to be more of a creator when needed, cause he has the skills.

Back
Top Bottom