Spurs vs Man Utd. ICC, 25/7/19, KO 12:30pm BST. Shanghai

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Based on what I’ve seen so far Skipp is the midfielder who made the strongest claim for a start against Villa. He may have been caught out for the second goal today but he is so positive and brave on the ball, he can play dangerous passes from deep inside our own half and he never pulls out of a 50/50. He does things that Sissoko would never even think of doing.

Ndombele looked heavy but he will need time to adjust to the demands of our style. I’m sure that he will be eased into the team as his physique improves over the early weeks of the season.

I'm not even 100% sure this is a Spurs forum with the way some "supporters" speak about our players

You can still "support" a team and offer constructive criticism of a player or a performance. That is why this is a forum "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."
If we were all just going to sing the praises of the team and ignore any negatives then I for one would be off like a shot.
We all have a voice :thumbup:

Some good and bad impressions here. White seemed very good in LB, Parrott, again, looked very promising and by far our better attacking player in firs half. Skippy was top quality again. Tanganga had another good game, so had Foyth, Lamela, Son and Lucas. Our possibly first team players were all not good enough, Ndombele very lazy in midfield, so was Alli, as always in the last games we had. KWP isn't good enough, we should offload him this window. And Kane free kick from almost half way line against De Gea says a lot about his attitude towards the team, needs to be less selfish! Winks and Sissoko out of rhytim.

We have some great youth options in this side and I am feeling incredibly positive for the season ahead, lots of options for Poch already.

Our biggest weakness is RB imo, we need to sign someone there, no doubt about it.

Other than that we look solid and with the addition of Sess, LO Celso and Dybala (please for the love of everything sign Dybala) we could be in for a special season.

Sat down to watch it, saw it kick off then got called into a meeting, which has just finished!!!

Is it worth re-watching?

(Couldn't give a fuck about the score, just want to see some nice bites of football. If we were awful, then that will also make me watch too, just not interested if it's a boring slow tempo game).

Ta muchly.

You can still "support" a team and offer constructive criticism of a player or a performance. That is why this is a forum "a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."
If we were all just going to sing the praises of the team and ignore any negatives then I for one would be off like a shot.
We all have a voice :thumbup:

I 100% agree. But some players get torn to shreds on here

Winks and Skipp play at a different pace to everyone else in the middle of the park. Those two will be the mainstay in years to come if you ask me. Never mind whoever else we sign, those two have such a good energy, it's pleasing on the eye to see them in tandem.

Of course I'm not suggesting we don't sign players but for me, it's those two who are our 'children of the future'

Kids done well .
Gazza will be disappointed with letting them in , should be saving those.

In defence of Kane we really didn't have any playmakers on to give him real opportunities. Eriksen, Lamela, Son, Moura all on in second half and all can make things happen.

Indeed. Worry is if we sell Eriksen and don't get a replacement who can play the ball as he does.

It will be interesting to see the stats on how many of Kane's goals have had key contributions from Eriksen or Trippier - my guess is that it is more than half.

Just gotta let Poch experiment more with all these new kids and build his data. I can see that some people are dying to win the “pre-season cup.” That Tyrion Lannicaster goal was class though..:pochfacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom