Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

source.gif
You wont be saying that ,after they accept an improved £5 million offer and we flog him to Real Madrid for 450 million in 5 years time....:levywhoa:

I would disagree. I can see your point, but Winks job on the pitch is different from Sissoko. Winks is usually employed more like a link between Defense and Attack, offering quick passes and building passages of play.

Sissoko is more of a box to box midfielder and depending on his mood, might decide to break the defense line with his sprints and at the same time, supporting trippier a whole lot on his side of the pitch.

Sissoko is no match to Wink's skill set and vice versa.
Depending on how N'dombele is deployed, either of their places could be in jeopardy. I think it's an exciting thought experiment to think of the kind of chemistry from the combination of:

Siss - Winks - N'le (balanced?)
Sik - N'le - Celso (Most combative? )
N'le - Winks - Celso (Best ball retention?)

Different players mate so agreed

My sentiments and some.

I don't care what the soothsayers are preaching about his demeanour, any player who is too lazy to learn the language of his adopted Country, will never ever be part of a team.

And we have a great team.

Don't understand what you are saying - I have heard the Welshman speaking English plenty of times !

Isn't this a bit of a myth. I've heard him speak spanish before. his accent was appalling but his grammar wasn't too bad

Yep - Sid Lowe has said off screen he holds conversations in Spanish quite well, just not confident. Speaks no Spanish was taken up by people misinterpretation poor Spanish.

At the risk of entering the great Sissoko War of 2017 - 2021, there’s nothing wrong with him being our principle sub. I’m hoping, with the press we’ve seen pre-season, we’re hoping to completely reverse our dogshit first half performances and instead blow teams away.

Once we’re ahead, bringing on Sissoko (and Skipp) to see out the game would make us very hard to beat.

Back
Top Bottom