Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris, Gazzaniga, Whiteman
Aurier, KWP, Foyth
Rose, Davies, Sessengon
Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth, Dier
Winks, Dier, Wanyama, Skipp
Ndombele, Sissoko, Roles
Dele, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Lamela
Son, Lucas, Sessengon
Kane, Son, Parrott

Granted right back may need attention, but this maybe one of the best squads we've had in a long while.
You've got Dier in there twice. He shouldn't even be in there once - always costing us goals (that's just my subjective impression, not based on any stats).

I'd imagine that against teams who sit back, Sissoko won't start due to creativity not being his major strength. However, against teams where we need to counter, he'd likely start. It's called having options and flexibility; you can't play every team the same way

Who: Trix
When: 23rd July
Where: SC

Trix said:
Looking incredibly likely at least 2 in one out this week. Get ready the defibrillators for all the net spend detectives.

________

Wow that is stunning ITK. I mean it's not like there's been any talk of Sessegnon and Lo Celso this week has there!

Janssen out I presume

:pocheyes:

Sissoko owns him on every level based on last year's form.

Agreed.

However now, with increased competition, two below-par games in a row and he risks being benched to let Winks have a go.

Competition for places - something we sorely lacked last season. OK injuries contributed, but we need players challenging for a first team spot, not just automatic selection.

Winks is a decent player but that's about it really. He excels at virtually nothing and that is simply not good enough for a Top 4 CM - Sissoko owns him on every level based on last year form.

I would disagree. I can see your point, but Winks job on the pitch is different from Sissoko. Winks is usually employed more like a link between Defense and Attack, offering quick passes and building passages of play.

Sissoko is more of a box to box midfielder and depending on his mood, might decide to break the defense line with his sprints and at the same time, supporting trippier a whole lot on his side of the pitch.

Sissoko is no match to Wink's skill set and vice versa.
Depending on how N'dombele is deployed, either of their places could be in jeopardy. I think it's an exciting thought experiment to think of the kind of chemistry from the combination of:

Siss - Winks - N'le (balanced?)
Sik - N'le - Celso (Most combative? )
N'le - Winks - Celso (Best ball retention?)

Don't know why you bother Arcspace is by far the dumbest poster on this forum, using common sense with him is about as much use as a water-proof tea bag ... save your breath

He's why the ignore button was created ... recommend you apply it forthwith
I know someone who beats him easily, Kokipedia.

Clue: It ain't me. :)

Should we start to panic? Lots of web pages including BBC and Sky have us in 17th place! Why do they do this? Last season's league table is much more suitable. Perhaps the gooner loving people just want to show Woolwich in first place.

If Eriksen stays, Ndombele and GLC will be directly replacing Sissoko and Dele in the starting XI.

fortune-teller-crystal-ball-9508425.jpg.webp

Mystic Mindblown, he say one thing...

image-asset.jpeg

Mystic Madrid, he say that Pochetttino will pick the players he thinks will suit the formation and tactics he wishes to choose against each opponent, also employing crazy left-field thinking, such as selecting them based on their form.

All this talk of Starting XIs, A replacing B is bollocks. What is Manchester City's starting XI?

Not so sure it’s about team balance, you can play Ndombele in the 6 role but you lose a lot of what you get, Sissoko isn’t a 6 while Winks has grown into the role.
Winks is not a good 6, imv

Ndombele will play further u[p, imv - due to his superior passing ability. Kane already alluded as much

Back
Top Bottom