Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You actually just put Janssen in three like ups, N'K in two, Onamah in one...

giphy.gif
Well technically those were line-ups with current Spurs players. He didn't qualify them as "what I'd like to see."

Although Janssen and N'Koudou in the same starting XI.... 🤮

He will play in France next season as he's nowhere near ready to improve even Woolwich's defence.

If so...

#DatRecruitmentStrategy

( Admin Admin still getting formatting madness..... When using keyboard shortcuts, if I highlight/underline (etc.) part of a quote - as above - it also higlights all of MY text too. )

I think he’s quite injury prone but from what I’ve seen of him he’s a quality player

Not injury prone really, did his knee four years ago, missed most of a season, but has played most of the following three seasons. He is a quality player. If his knee isn't an issue, Betis have got the bargain of the summer at 20m, twelve months ago Liverpool were about to pay 55m.

Oh well...

There are decent young French centre halves emerging all the time. Last summer Leipzig did brilliantly by signing Konate. We just need to keep an eye on the market and pick up the next one on the conveyor belt.

Big noises around Benoit Badiashile. 6ft4, 18 years old. Already we are being linked with him

Saliba who?

Lion is roaring

total bull merchant

Every summer every "ITK" is outed as a fraud and attention seeker, yet everyone forgets and we do it all over again every year...

It must be because people are desperate to believe rumors they want to hear.

Saliba was linked to us to get a better contract, simple as.

There are decent young French centre halves emerging all the time. Last summer Leipzig did brilliantly by signing Konate. We just need to keep an eye on the market and pick up the next one on the conveyor belt.

Big noises around Benoit Badiashile. 6ft4, 18 years old. Already we are being linked with him

Saliba who?

Agreed. Last summer it was Pavard who was the new kid on the block, this summer it's Saliba and in 12 months time another one will be getting all the talk. I'd have liked a powerful young defender coming through but let's be honest a year without him isn't damaging us this season and it isn't improving Woolwich. Let's worry about next season when the time comes.

Back
Top Bottom