Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

here's a couple more line ups, not adding any more signings, you know the names

3-5-2

Kane
Dele
Eriksen----------------Son
NDombele Sissoko
Winks
Vertonghen Sanchez Alderweireld
Lloris​
3-5-2

Janssen
Lamela
N'Koudou----------------Moura
Onomah Wanyama
Skipp
Davies Dier Foyth
Gazzaniga​

4-2-3-1

Kane
Eriksen Dele Son
NDombele Winks
Davies Vertonghen Alderweireld Aurier
Lloris​

4-2-3-1

Janssen
N'Koudou Lamela Moura
Wanyama Sissoko
Walker-Peters Sánchez Foyth Dier
Gazzaniga​

4-4-2

Kane Son
Eriksen
NDombele Sissoko
Winks
Davies Vertonghen Alderweireld Aurier
Lloris​

4-4-2

Janssen Moura
Lamela
Wanyama Dele
Skipp
Walker-Peters Sánchez Foyth Dier
Gazzaniga​

A couple of replacements might be needed for Janssen and N'Koudou, then again who knows (apart from lion of course)
You actually just put Janssen in three line ups, N'K in two, Onamah in one...

giphy.gif

Last edited:
With Trippier left, Davies has now become the most pointless player in the current first team. Everything about his game is either average or mediocre.

That has fuckall to do with Ben fucking Davies. We had peak Dembele and wanyama in midfield that season.

And now we have Ndombele.

Looks like we might be moving back to the press again, with full backs able to set up shop in the opposition half rather than bombing down the flanks.

And now we have Ndombele.

Looks like we might be moving back to the press again, with full backs able to set up shop in the opposition half rather than bombing down the flanks.
We can have peak Dembele and Modric in midfield and he will still be useless.

He's a mediocre player, the new contract was only to increase his valuation when we flog him.

You just hate to see an 18 year old kid make such a terrible life decision.

Where were his parents or mentors to step in???

They have until June 2020 to bring him to his senses otherwise when he sees next season's Premiership table his head will be in his hands to cries of "What have I done....what have I done".....poor bastard if it's true....I really feel for him. All those reporters saying to him "Is it correct you've joined Woolwich ?" and he'll say "Why ?" and they'll reply "That was my next question"

Rose is a myth.
He’s not great in defence, and offers zero in attack.
He creates a buzz around everything he does.......but 99% of it comes to nothing.

He’s fools gold. Davies more than laced his boots when Rose was injured. A far more rounded level headed player.
No point crossing if you can’t cross eh.
It's an interesting process to look at them and what they bring. Ultimately they are two very different players. One thing that stands out is that since Davies joined Spurs 5yrs ago he has played 168 games for us while Rose has played 139, that quite staggering, Davies has made 29 more appearances!!!

To park his Sun exclusive to one side for a moment I think as a team we are stylistically better with Rose playing than with Davies. I make reference to this solely with the view when he's in form, at his best. Now when have we seen Roses best? That was 14/15 & 15/16, I thought he also put in some very good performances in the backend of this season, he was terrible before Christmas. Now to look at what Rose is good at is his ability to completely dominate his side of the pitch, he does this by brut force, he is NOT a skilful, silky footballer. He's actually a tad like Sissoko in that respect, he will run over his opposite number, steamroller them and just wear them out over the cause of 90mins. To best illustrate this he comes out on top of Bellerin when we paly the scum, I think Bellerin is a much better footballer technically than Rose but over 90 mins it's Rose that will have won most of the 1v1's (that said in that 2-2 game 2016(??) it was Bellerin that got assists for both of their goals all be it the first was a miss-hit shot and the 2nd Sanchez somewhat fluked their equalizer but we dominated that game as did Rose dominate Bellerine after the first 5-10mins).

Davies on the other hand to my memory has only had one terrible game, against Liverpool away, but he certainly wasn't helped with how we set-up that game. Davies is about as steady as they come. But on their day Rose is by far the better player, or perhaps more accurately has the greatest impact on how we as a team when playing well and dominating the oppo. Davies is also not a silky or skilful footballer, does that matter? Probably not but I would say I don't particularly enjoy watching Davies play, whereas I do enjoy watching Rose. I really like Davies but would like to see a more dominant and expansive LB instead of him, I'm saying we can do better but we absolutely have a very good 2nd option as LB and I think he's a great asset to us.

Now, chuck that Sun exclusive interview back into the mix and he let down Tottenham, his teammates and the fans, you can't say Davies has done that.

Last edited:
Nice to see Harvey White has gone on the tour. McDermott raves about him.

From Guardian (today) players to look

Tottenham
Harvey White 17, midfielder
Has come to tick a lot of boxes, not least the one marked good attitude, and it is certainly a good sign
when John McDermott, the Spurs academy manager, who has such
a close relationship with Mauricio Pochettino, regularly speaks in praise of him. It will be interesting to see whether White can showcase his fine left-footed technique on the club’s tour of the east Asia. DH

Not bothered about Rose going as I think Davies is the better defender. Be nice if Rose was happy as a backup, but he doesn’t seem happy as an anything.

Davies isn’t flashy, doesn’t threaten in attack, but I’m fine with that. I’d love us to have four solid defenders and shielded by a DM. Keep us secure at the back and let N’Dombele, Dele, Eriksen, Son and Kane do what the fuck they want up front and not have to worry about defending.

From Guardian (today) players to look

Tottenham
Harvey White 17, midfielder
Has come to tick a lot of boxes, not least the one marked good attitude, and it is certainly a good sign
when John McDermott, the Spurs academy manager, who has such
a close relationship with Mauricio Pochettino, regularly speaks in praise of him. It will be interesting to see whether White can showcase his fine left-footed technique on the club’s tour of the east Asia. DH

I saw Harvey White in a few games last season, he really stood out as a player that has a lot of class. If he makes it at the highest level is a different matter but he technically seems very promising. I also like the look of Dennis Cirkin as well.

Back
Top Bottom