Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Davies was struggling with a groin injury for most of last season, clearly he is the one Poch actually trusts for the future because he just signed him to a new contract. He's generally been very reliable which is the opposite of Rose. You never know what you are going to get with Danny and we can't keep relying on players like that, not when they are supposed to be senior members of the squad.
I don't think there's any chance Davies will ever reach the performance levels Rose reached in his prime. Davies is a steady but unspectacular full back that will give you 6 or 7 out of 10 performances (last season he didnt even do that tbh)and as a back up I trust him but not as a starter.

If Rose goes we definitely need to bring a left back in.

Davies was struggling with a groin injury for most of last season, clearly he is the one Poch actually trusts for the future because he just signed him to a new contract. He's generally been very reliable which is the opposite of Rose. You never know what you are going to get with Danny and we can't keep relying on players like that, not when they are supposed to be senior members of the squad.
Would you have honestly played Davies ahead of Rose in any of our big Champions League matches last season? I honestly don't get people who compare the two, Rose is a totally different level.

We won't get a better left back than him if(or when, it appears) we sell him, I guarantee you that.

Sessegnon is not a LB, he'll get roasted more time than Trippier did last season. He doesn't have the positional awareness nor the discipline to play there. He is just interested in going forward all the time.

If by some miracle Everton want to swap Digne then I'd take that.

Sessegnon is not a LB, he'll get roasted more time than Trippier did last season. He doesn't have the positional awareness nor the discipline to play there. He is just interested in going forward all the time.

If by some miracle Everton want to swap Digne then I'd take that.

Sessegnon should come in as a Poch project. He has great ability but he needs time and growth. It’ll be an interesting few weeks that’s for sure.

Eh? Just to confirm. You're saying he wasn't poor last season?

As I said I don't recall him being particularly "poor" let alone "very poor".... No revisionism at play here at all.

By all means provide an example or two where he's fucked up or cost us points last year.

Honestly speaking people can rewrite history as much as they want now but have a look at the match threads when he played last season and you will see the vast majority thought he was really poor.

Match threads are a clusterfuck... Pardon me if I don't take them too seriously as a retrospective source of fact.

You say in a following post that he'll never be good enough to be a #1, but he was #1 for best part of 18 months and was excellent.

He is 29, has had numerous injury issues over the last few years, alongside a very public opening up about his mental health issues. I don't think there will be many clubs knocking on our door for his services if Levy starts demanding top dollar

He's 8/11 to go to PSG, that's a bit left field, which makes me think there's something to it. After that, Everton is 10-1.

Might be a case of they're interested but he's not sure about going abroad.

I don't think there will be many clubs knocking on our door for his services if Levy starts demanding top dollar
If Levy starts demanding top dollar, then he obviously rates him as a top drawer player.
In which case, regardless of his age (29ffs) , we shouldn't be interested in selling him.
Not if winning football matches is top of our agenda.

And we need to bring in a left back better than, or at least equal to Danny Rose.
Selling Rose and replacing him with yet another prospect would amount to gross negligence and profiteeting by the club

Accusations of "negligence" again is it?

Still waiting for your reply in the Eriksen thread.... :adethumbup:

Despite all of his issues in the last couple of years, what I saw towards the end of last season was a top class left back despite the mass fatigue of the rest of the team. Looking at left backs of other teams, the only one that I would have over Rose is Robertson and he's only had one good season. Selling him would be madness imo.

I miss the Danny Rose of a couple of seasons ago. However, when I saw that this thread had been bumped,my first thought was 'what the heck has he said now!'
Maybe a break would be the best for both player and club, as although I thought he showed flashes of good form and commitment last year, not sure he will sustain it next.
If we can get a decent wedge for him, then that would be deemed to be good business.
My concern would be the loss of another HG player, if Tripps is off, and yet another player to integrate into our style if we intend to replace him with a new purchase.

I miss the Danny Rose of a couple of seasons ago. However, when I saw that this thread had been bumped,my first thought was 'what the heck has he said now!'
Maybe a break would be the best for both player and club, as although I thought he showed flashes of good form and commitment last year, not sure he will sustain it next.
If we can get a decent wedge for him, then that would be deemed to be good business.
My concern would be the loss of another HG player, if Tripps is off, and yet another player to integrate into our style if we intend to replace him with a new purchase.

It's funny, you know.... I ended last season craving stability and minimal upheaval, but as the window rolls on, I actually find the prospect of a shake-up (in terms of personnel AND system) rather exciting. I'm looking forward to seeing what "phase 2" represents ON the pitch now.

Love Danny Rose, but his best years are behind him. Need to sell now to still get decent money, Poch is making the correct decision to let him go. Would rather have Rose than Davies as a rotation player though, but since Davies just signed a new contract that's not happening.

Back
Top Bottom