Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't believe all you watch on sky or read in the papers. Rose has been a brilliant player for Spurs and I would hate to lose our longest serving player BUT if the right price comes along and an equal or better playerat a younger age comes along to replace him, we will sell, its the way Spurs do things, they run it as a business.

Can't wait to see Rose starting at LB against AV and all the melts who've been trying to chase him out the club for 3 years have to settle in for another 9 months of constantly scanning the feed to have a moan at every word he speaks in public.

Can't wait to see Rose starting at LB against AV and all the melts who've been trying to chase him out the club for 3 years have to settle in for another 9 months of constantly scanning the feed to have a moan at every word he speaks in public.
what about us non melting people who simply don't recognise him as the player you believe him to be?
Maybe you just don't understand his limits and liabilities

That ever crossed your mind?

What I’ve seen on the pitch is a player who has improved in the second half of the season but not a midfielder imv

I'm having a hard time understanding why people feel so close to Rose.

His performance hasn't been good at all. It just looks good because Trippier has been even worse.

Not to mention he's the snake that went directly to the Sun and talk shit about Spurs' payment system. He stirred shit claiming players weren't happy with their pay. That should be internal talk only. Zero good comes from going to that fucking rag.

He should've been sold a long time ago imo. Poch made a mistake hanging on to him.
Agree with a lot of this, especially at the time of the Sun interview, couldn't see a way back for him. However I do think he redeemed himself quite a bit by his performances on the pitch, in my eyes he showed a bit of oomph (not sure of the technical term!), which was missing when he first came back.
We will see what his performance and attitude will be once the season starts, but I have a feeling Ben will be given more starts. Time will tell.

Agree with a lot of this, especially at the time of the Sun interview, couldn't see a way back for him. However I do think he redeemed himself quite a bit by his performances on the pitch, in my eyes he showed a bit of oomph (not sure of the technical term!), which was missing when he first came back.
We will see what his performance and attitude will be once the season starts, but I have a feeling Ben will be given more starts. Time will tell.

I would imagine that any opposition would be much happier having Ben run at them rather than Danny

what about us non melting people who simply don't recognise him as the player you believe him to be?
Maybe you just don't understand his limits and liabilities

That ever crossed your mind?
I've covered this ground before - we can't reliably replace his production, whatever you think of it, in the current market for the fee we can get from selling. Furthermore, if we do view Sessegnon as our desired long term replacement then there's quite literally no better fit for Sessegnon to learn from.

Is he at the level he once was? No. Is he the best LB in the squad? Arguably. Is he the most dynamic defender we have? Yes. Did he look like the only player at many crucial moments at the close of last season who seemed concerned about the result? Often times.

This situation seems pretty clear to me.
He’s 29 and only likely to be offered a 1 year contract extension next summer - if that.

The club has been touting him as a player they would sell and let him speak to other clubs with our full permission last summer.

He says this is the case. What’s the problem there??

To buy a new left back you would now expect him to be sold as Ben has just signed a new contract and is 3 years younger. In line with the club policy. As he states.

I really don’t get the issue with him telling itkike it is.
He might be here. He might not. It’s out of his hands.

I've covered this ground before - we can't reliably replace his production, whatever you think of it, in the current market for the fee we can get from selling. Furthermore, if we do view Sessegnon as our desired long term replacement then there's quite literally no better fit for Sessegnon to learn from.

Is he at the level he once was? No. Is he the best LB in the squad? Arguably. Is he the most dynamic defender we have? Yes. Did he look like the only player at many crucial moments at the close of last season who seemed concerned about the result? Often times.
Really, his production hasn't exactly been prolific or bountiful (goals - 10 in 200 games) so what will he teach sessegnon?

Certainly not the art of defending. Davies defends better than he does.
But he's a busy and passionate player so folk think he's mustard.

if the rumours of the MF recruits come to fruition, then we wont need him for his attacking wing back play, and he hardly qualifies as a top notch crosser or provider.

I don't give a shit about his publicised views, just what he brings to the party, and if we get Sessegnon, we won't need him, so I say we should sell him whilst he has some value.

Really, his production hasn't exactly been prolific or bountiful (goals - 10 in 200 games) so what will he teach sessegnon?

Certainly not the art of defending. Davies defends better than he does.
But he's a busy and passionate player so folk think he's mustard.

if the rumours of the MF recruits come to fruition, then we wont need him for his attacking wing back play, and he hardly qualifies as a top notch crosser or provider.

I don't give a shit about his publicised views, just what he brings to the party, and if we get Sessegnon, we won't need him, so I say we should sell him whilst he has some value.

Yes but Sessegnon and left back😷😷😷

I'm fine with the club listening to offers for Rose as a desire to cash in on him while he's still got a few years left, but who's the young stud we're going to bring in to replace him? I have a hard time believing Sessegnon is ever going to cut it at LB....seems like he's a winger when all is said and done.

Back
Top Bottom