Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And we need to bring in a left back better than, or at least equal to Danny Rose.
Selling Rose and replacing him with yet another prospect would amount to gross negligence and profiteering by the club

Or conversely - going into another season with a player who has managed less than 3,500 minutes in the last three EPL seasons .... by comparison Eriksen, Kane, Lloris all well over 8,500 minutes .... would be a stupid and unnecessary risk, why stick with an ageing player who has played less than 40% of our games in the last three years?

That's ignoring all the other 'issues' that are associated with Danny ... if we're being offered decent money grab it and run, wish Danny all the best but he's no longer worth a place at any top EPL club.

I still think Rose is a stupid gobshite for opening his mouth on the eve of a new season kicking off.
He was shit for years, had a decent couple of seasons, then felt he was 'worth more' than us.

Decent player, developed a lot - as a footballer I have no issue with him.
All things considered, he can go without me shedding a tear.

Love Danny Rose, but his best years are behind him. Need to sell now to still get decent money, Poch is making the correct decision to let him go. Would rather have Rose than Davies as a rotation player though, but since Davies just signed a new contract that's not happening.
Ben Davies evolved his game by playing centre back, Danny didn’t work when tried in central midfield really. He didn’t look after the ball and he was a red card waiting to happen.
I still hope he stays personally, we are planning to play a lot of games next season.

When he opened his mouth a while back,i lost a lot of respect for him.However,he played well for us last season and (along with Winks) was the only player who played like he actually wanted to win the Champions League final in June.
I say keep him.
But then again i am a sentimental old fool...

Are we going to really miss him? He’s been more or less absent for 2 seasons. Played well at the back end of last season in my opinion that’s not enough
He’s 29 with 2 years left on his contract, it’ll be foolish business practice to offer him an extension. We’re in a position now to optimise any transfer fee.
Will always hold that goal dear to my heart, will always be disappointed with the Sun story.
Time waits on no man, we move on

Are we going to really miss him? He’s been more or less absent for 2 seasons. Played well at the back end of last season in my opinion that’s not enough
He’s 29 with 2 years left on his contract, it’ll be foolish business practice to offer him an extension. We’re in a position now to optimise any transfer fee.
Will always hold that goal dear to my heart, will always be disappointed with the Sun story.
Time waits on no man, we move on
Agree with this.
It seemed to me that there was an underlying problem with his fitness, he'd be great for 60-70 minutes and the seemed to run out of puff, but his commitment and passion were second to none.
Strange.

I think some people forget just how few matches Rose has actually played in the last 2 seasons after that serious injury. Assuming we get a similar fee to Trippier it’s good money for someone with such a poor fitness record.

Must be looking at Sessegnon, if all rumours are true.

And in fairness training and learning from Vertonghen and Davies every day with Poch in the mix as well, you would expect his defensive game to improve. KWP can always fill in there too.
Poch definitely building a very versatile squad.

Back
Top Bottom