Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Leeds will complete the signing of Costa on a season’s loan on Monday

Costa was signed for a then club record fee of £13million by Wolves in January 2017, after initially joining on loan from Benfica, and impressed in the Premier League at the start of the season before falling out of favour with Nuno Espirito Santo.

The Portugal international said his farewells to Wolves team-mates at the club’s Compton training ground on Friday and is poised to join up with Leeds on Monday.

Clarke and Ndombele are done, don't reallty care whether we announce it Monday or Wednesday, I'm wondering who will be our third signing (Sessegnon?).

If Clarke, Ndombele and Sessegnon do come in it'll be a top class start to our incomings.

One shit hot 22 CM and two of the best 18 year old talents in England lays all the right kind of foundations for our club. I must say that along with Grealish last summer I am really liking the level of talent we are focusing on these days. All 3 would be excellent additions and are in line with our philosophy of bringing in rough diamonds in order to develop them further.

The philosophy is to bring in rough diamonds with the aim of developing them and then selling them at a later date for considerable profit a conveyor belt if you like of almost being able to print money.

The philosophy is to bring in rough diamonds with the aim of developing them and then selling them at a later date for considerable profit a conveyor belt if you like of almost being able to print money.
There's a lot of truth in that tbf.
IIRC Levy didn't want to buy Parker as there would be no "sell on" value.
I do think it's changing slightly though, with both Eriksen (27) And Toby (30) being offered very good contracts.

There's a lot of truth in that tbf.
IIRC Levy didn't want to buy Parker as there would be no "sell on" value.
I do think it's changing slightly though, with both Eriksen (27) And Toby (30) being offered very good contracts.
Realistically it needs to be a bit of both. A steady stream of talents developed and sold on that helps us fund keeping our major players or bringing new major players in.

Barca's academy hasn't exactly produced a steady flow of starters for their first team these last few years, but the sales of talents like Delofelou and such have definitely helped them keep hold to guys like Messi, Busquets and Suarez.

Yep, I agree but I can't remember the last time we bought a 27/28 yr old in his prime apart from VDV
Yes, yes, self imposed transfer ban etc.

But seriously can anyone one remind me ?
Bobby Soldier was at that age when we bought him right? Ade should technically have been there as well?

And of course, we got Toby right as he entered his prime.

Back
Top Bottom