Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would’ve been more shocked if he didn’t go back to Leeds.

He would never get reall playing time here. It’s best for him to go back

Why wouldn't he? Dele did. We have a lack of options in that position, for that type of player. Son, Lucas, though he does better centrally. He should be replacing Lamela and couldn't possibly contribute less.

Very annoyed about this news. I was looking forward to seeing a new young player develop instead of a seventh year of a Lamela flattering to deceive and getting lots of injuries.

Leeds have a 'first refusal' should we ever loan him out ... there's no indication at all that we plan to do so

Update on this - we are now considering a loan back - they want 12 months guaranteed, we want the option to recall in January if required - apart from this clause the deal is 99.9% done

Can only assume we are keeping all the wide players we have Son, Moura, Lamela so Clarke would have got limited game time, shame but at least we will have something to look forward to in the 2020 thread ...

Leeds fan I know says "a better James Milner - skillful but also dedicated and will put it about"

Lol.

This kid is better than a guy who has won the champions league, premier league, PFA young player of the year, multi caps for his country and consistently held down a starting place at City and Liverpool for the past 10 years +

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here!

Lol.

This kid is better than a guy who has won the champions league, premier league, PFA young player of the year, multi caps for his country and consistently held down a starting place at City and Liverpool for the past 10 years +

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here!

Obviously at the same age/stage of their career you bellend

Leeds fan I know says "a better James Milner - skillful but also dedicated and will put it about"
Now THIS is an upgrade on James Milner...
FX1JI1RH8CVKMVX.LARGE.jpg

(Looks like he can also 'put it about' too!)

Why wouldn't he? Dele did. We have a lack of options in that position, for that type of player. Son, Lucas, though he does better centrally. He should be replacing Lamela and couldn't possibly contribute less.

Very annoyed about this news. I was looking forward to seeing a new young player develop instead of a seventh year of a Lamela flattering to deceive and getting lots of injuries.

Dele was way more advanced at the time of his transfer both physically and experience.

Leeds still looks 12. He barely made any appearances for Leeds unlike Dele who was running the show for MK.

In our current squad, Clarke doesn’t even make the bench

Dele was way more advanced at the time of his transfer both physically and experience.

Leeds still looks 12. He barely made any appearances for Leeds unlike Dele who was running the show for MK.

And then in this magical “future” we are always planning for, Clark will be world class but Kane will be off and we’ll need a new striker.....

Never ending circle. We never seem to just tweak the squad with that last piece of the puzzle.
That summer we just need one “marquee” signing. That elusive “tricky winger”.
We spend 44M on a CB and then dropped him after one season.

Clarke was playing a league above Dele. Big difference in quality. If we're planning to bring in Sancho, then fair enough, but as things stand, we're woefully short of options in attacking positions.

Clarke was playing a league above Dele. Big difference in quality. If we're planning to bring in Sancho, then fair enough, but as things stand, we're woefully short of options in attacking positions.

More than a bit of an overstatement. As of end of this season:

Kane
Son
Lucas
Dele
Eriksen
Lamela
Llorente

Relax, we'll replace whoever leaves.

My mate who’s a dirty lid , thinks it’s hilarious that we bought him , 2 good games a season .

I’ve no idea how good he is .

Back
Top Bottom