Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We would likely never of been in the CL full stop under Poch without Kane people are to harsh and are just being wise after the event.

Every time you lie about it being hindsight, I post a quote or five that said Kane shouldn’t play this game that I wrote BEFORE Ajax.

So before you run along and say the same lie in a few hours again, answer how the fuck it can be after the event, when the concerns were raised two months before the event.

Poch got it wrong. It’s really not difficult.

Every time you lie about it being hindsight, I post a quote or five that said Kane shouldn’t play this game that I wrote BEFORE Ajax.

So before you run along and say the same lie in a few hours again, answer how the fuck it can be after the event, when the concerns were raised two months before the event.

Poch got it wrong. It’s really not difficult.

Not all of my post's are about you dipshit.

The CL final is not a game for sentimental team selection. And Lucas deserved to start more as he was singlehandedly brought us to the final in the first place.

Here's one for all of those unsure if Poch made the right call regarding Harry and that Lucas deserved his starting position. Did Origi score two goals, the two crucial goals so early on and so late in the game required to get Liverpool past Barcelona in the semi finals? Did Klopp start him or Firmino

It's all hindsight but Klopp dropped Origi for Firmino even though he wasn't on form on the day. Why hasn't the same been asked of Klopps decision?

Here's one for all of those unsure if Poch made the right call regarding Harry and that Lucas deserved his starting position. Did Origi score two goals, the two crucial goals so early on and so late in the game required to get Liverpool past Barcelona in the semi finals? Did Klopp start him or Firmino

It's all hindsight but Klopp dropped Origi for Firmino even though he wasn't on form on the day. Why hasn't the same been asked of Klopps decision?
Because they won,end of...

Because they won,end of...

So if Lucas had started and we had still lost to a more superior Liverpool team, one that has lost one league game all season, one that boasts world record transfers, that boasts a golden boot winner, a player of the year and a goalkeeper who won the golden glove with the 2nd highest clean sheets ever achieved by a GK in Premier League era would that also have been seen as the wrong decision not to play Harry?

Both managers dropped their match winners from the semi finals, both went with their bigger asset up front. The lesser team lost, that doesn't mean our manager who has done so much should come under scrutiny. It's a fickle old world but I expect more to see the bigger picture. Lucas still had half hour to make something happen and it wasn't to be,

So if Lucas had started and we had still lost to a more superior Liverpool team, one that has lost one league game all season, one that boasts world record transfers, that boasts a golden boot winner, a player of the year and a goalkeeper who won the golden glove with the 2nd highest clean sheets ever achieved by a GK in Premier League era would that also have been seen as the wrong decision not to play Harry?

Both managers dropped their match winners from the semi finals, both went with their bigger asset up front. The lesser team lost, that doesn't mean our manager who has done so much should come under scrutiny. It's a fickle old world but I expect more to see the bigger picture. Lucas still had half hour to make something happen and it wasn't to be,
I am agreeing with you mate. What i was saying is ,Klopp is getting off lightly because their fans are happy.

I am agreeing with you mate. What i was saying is ,Klopp is getting off lightly because their fans are happy.

Sorry mate, thought we had another Nigel on our hands 😂

Nail on head though, it's all taken on face value like many of the Levy out brigade go by. I'm gutted for Lucas but he has an excellent mentality and is now firmly a part of the Tottenham family. I still think it was the right call yet some say that if Harry deserved to start, so did Ledley King etc. Ridiculous to me that some see it that way but hey ho that's what makes the sport so interesting.

As has been said elsewhere, Delli,Erickson and Harry didnt really show up,yet its Harry's inclusion thats getting the news.

Here's the view of an absolute genius with a football at his feet. I think I'll listen to what this guys got to say long before some of the melters on here:

This doesn't get mentioned in the mainstream news because a) they aren't as clever as Pirlo and b) it doesn't need get as many clicks. It's a clicky, clique world mate, fuelled by gossip and debate

Last edited:
The fact is klopp realised that starting firmino was a mistake and he subbed him off at 55mins.

I said and many others on the board have too that it was keeping kane on after he proved himself not ready and ineffectual, that was the issue.

Poch dug a hole for himself, couldn't take kane off when needing a goal. Should been same side as second half against ajax. Llorente would of occupied VVD much better then just get runners in and around him. Kane and winks would been two great subs to bring on. Having said that thought winks was excellent again, proper player

As a new fan, it seems Kane was not that sharp but neither was the majority of the team - everyone lacked urgency from minute 2 to minute 62. Even Poch should have realized Lucas should play half 2.

I’m just going to bluntly say it. You guys can throw that disagree button all day
Unforgivable performance from Kane, partly due to his ego and personal glory. He could’ve said something at the half time about his condition even though it was pretty apparent to everyone how ineffective he was. I don’t blame Kane 100% though. I love the lad as much as I love everyone else in this team and I’m sure he would’ve respected Poch’s decision if he was to be subbed off. The frustration of not giving any contributions to our recent miracles in CL really impacted his judgement of his own condition. Nonetheless, it wouldn’t be fair to just point fingers at Kane or Poch. Like others have mentioned, there was something else that pressured Poch to keep him on full time. Anyone who still think it was the right call to start him is fucking blind and anyone who wants to cash in by selling him because of this loss is fucking joke of a fan.

Why is it hyperbol when Poch gets it wrong and Kane plays poorly?

But when Trippier or Dier or Wanyama or Davies play poorly THE SQUAD IS SHIT THE WINDOW WAS A DISASTER!!!!!!

What’s interesting is that the usual suspects didn’t take part, and Trippier had an ok game.
Dele, Eriksen and Kane did fuck all and some people are having a real problem admitting it.

The silence from most has been deafening.

Also funny how you spent January telling just how many goals we had scored and just many games we had won and just how good we were in the 30 odd games Kane has missed through injury in the last three years....and that’s why we didn’t need to sign a striker.

But now it wasn’t a mistake to throw him into the final?

Maybe because some people here want to repeat hindsight is 20/20 for the next 20 years?

I’m just going to bluntly say it. You guys can throw that disagree button all day
Unforgivable performance from Kane, partly due to his ego and personal glory. He could’ve said something at the half time about his condition even though it was pretty apparent to everyone how ineffective he was. I don’t blame Kane 100% though. I love the lad as much as I love everyone else in this team and I’m sure he would’ve respected Poch’s decision if he was to be subbed off. The frustration of not giving any contributions to our recent miracles in CL really impacted his judgement of his own condition. Nonetheless, it wouldn’t be fair to just point fingers at Kane or Poch. Like others have mentioned, there was something else that pressured Poch to keep him on full time. Anyone who still think it was the right call to start him is fucking blind and anyone who wants to cash in by selling him because of this loss is fucking joke of a fan.
You are talking a lot of common sense, I only want to add that he should've said before the game that he was nowhere near ready to start a CL final, would've been an interesting option for the last 25 mins.

Don't really believe he was "unfit" either.

Not when Winks had just come back from a similar amount of time out, had surgery yet still came out of it as our best player.

Kane was bossed by the best central defender in world football. It happens. Disappointing result, poor performances from many of our key players and I don't blame Poch for picking Kane.

Should have started Lucas but probably not in place of Kane. Kane, Lucas and Son should all have started.

Probably means we give up abit if leeway in midfield but with the gamble of the pace on the break. They were wank in midfield.

Last edited:
Van Dijk is a monster so even fully sharp Kane would be in a battle. You only need to see that dribble Son went on early in the second half when he got past a couple of Liverpool players and almost went 1v1 until Van Dijk caught up with him. Son's rapid but Van Dijk has the unique power and pace for a guy his size (and world class reading of the game).

But with Lucas we would have had a second dribbler to occupy their defenders and that would have caused Van Dijk and everyone else something to consider. I understand the logic of starting Kane because the assumption would have been Liverpool press high and aggressive so the long ball into Kane with his hold up play can beat that press. In the end it didn't work that way not just down to Kane's ineffectiveness but that Liverpool actually played rather conservatively. Whether it was by design by Klopp or that penalty changed everything we'll never know.

Look.
Klopp corrected his mistake.
Poch didn’t.

That’s all folks

Back
Top Bottom