We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LMAO....your funny...my mate just choked on his beer he says your probably a strange little man...
Well he’s a thick as you Nigel. It’s ‘you’re’ probably a strange little man. And how much of an absolute wanker must you be to be drinking in a pub with your ‘mate’ and have nothing better to do than show him posts on an Internet forum that have humiliated you from start to finish? I don’t believe it Nige. What’s your mum doing now? Tucking your bib in while you froth on here? Careful Nigel, you’ll choke on your j2o. Have fun mate. There must be a million parties to go to after your happy meal. Lucks and hugs.

Wow... she clearly wants some Instatwattergramface 'likes!

... we've certainly come a long way from Erica Roe! (ask yer Dads, kids...)

a8be1da29bc74446e0d8ab37dd1007e5.jpg
Fair's fair guys, what about some Magic Mike characters, for the ladies, if you're going to fill a thread that I read with these images!

Imagine taking a insult as serious. Literally everyone calls each other nonces for stupid things but you cry babies are on your high horse taking it as a serious statement
Well that's fine then... 'cos I just heard from the Police Anti-Nonce hotline, that you're a dirty kiddy fiddling nonce who rapes babies.... how's that for a laugh?

Only joking... it's all BANTS innit...?

'Imagine taking a insult as serious??'
literally EVERYONE calls eachother nonces... NONCE!

I just saw a fat bloke wearing a Liverpool shirt walk bare foot through dog shit.

His 8/9 year old son, also wearing a Liverpool shirt then shouted... “you absolute twat” at him.

Nearly pissed myself.

Is someone really suggesting selling Kane????

I’m not against selling to buy if that’s what it takes to tweak this team, but doing a Bale with Kane is mental......we build around Kane!!

I don’t know how much £££ Levy is prepared to spend on transfers, but surly we have £100m (which isn't a lot in todays football world)
Toby, we can be certain is going, and we know £25m will be the fee....
Eriksen would be my sacrificial lamb here, £75m could be a realistic ball park?
And I’d expect a right back to follow, £20m there abouts.......as for the rest of the move ons it’s hard to say how easy it will be to shift them and how much they could bring in, but investment in the region of £200m and we might just challenge the top 2.....

Even with £200m (if that math is even close) we would still need to be smart, and lucky 🍀

I’m going to start with Bale, he is done at Real, and if rumours are true of a 10m per season loan deal then it is an absolute no brainer to sign him up, worth every penny to take that gamble in my opinion.

Right back seems likely and the guy at Palace fits that criteria, but that’s going to be 40m minimum, but worth it long term, I’d keep Tripp’s and flog Serge, I thinks Tripp’s has still something to offer......

De Byrune type midfielder is a must, easier said than done of course, but 100m opens up a few doors, who then? Haven’t a clue, but I’m not getting paid 7m a year so I’m not going to even try working that one out!!

I think we have to stick with Jan + Sanchez or Foyth, unless a really good CH can be found lower down the league or from Ajax🤪 at the right money.......

Out and out striker has to be looked at too, I know when Kane isn’t available we have “coped”, but it means readjustment, and when he comes back we then need to readjust all over again. So if we play to Kane’s strengths, we still have to play to Kanes strengths when he’s not available, like for like is the only way, Llorente isn’t that guy!!

I can't muster up much analysis about the match itself. I did want to mention that the atmosphere around WHL and in the ground building up to kick-off was fantastic. It was absolutely heaving with people of all kinds, rowdy drunken boys and girls, young and old, many families with kids too; it was a carnival with a genuine buzz about it. And for a middle class fancy lad from west london, on a rare trip to the 'ghetto' like that, I felt like a proper dangerous gangsta! All in all it seemed like a lovely celebration of some of the best things about this club and that community, an experience I wont forget anytime soon.

Sadly the match didn't live up to it. The air went out of the balloon within seconds and it never felt the same afterwards. It was like the gods reminding us of the other side of the Spurs experience, that we just aren't allowed to have too much of a good thing. You can talk to me about the arbitrary, ever-changing laws of the game as much as you want, but that decision doesn't feel right, it ruined the match instantly.

I wont get into the selection or subs or individuals, there is no point really; the important thing is that I'm certain in my heart that everyone involved tried their best and did what they thought was right. And I'm still proud of them, they are all shining lights, even in defeat.

Trophies and medals have never been the point for me as a fan, since I don't get to take them home or parade them around or say that I had something to do with earning them; for me the more important thing is to feel good about supporting my club, to care about the players and the manager, to have a sense of continuity and consistent identity from season to season, and to actually enjoy watching the team play football every week; and I'm happy to say that Spurs have absolutely provided me with all that these past few years. I don't know what Spurs will look like next season, as there will undoubtedly be changes, and I can only hope that the spirit of this iteration will live on and thrive in some shape.

Just a shame that this generation of Spurs didn't get to have that feeling of glory and vindication, to reward all their hard work. I'm sure we all feel that they deserved to have a moment of true unmitigated recognition and joy to mark the end of a memorable era. And who knows, maybe it's not quite over yet.

Oh well, it's been a pleasure folks. Here's to another crazy adventure with this beautiful mess of a club we continue to love and follow, for whatever reason! We'll keep marching on, now and forever.

53syvHH.jpg

5AcNKDR.jpg

kDjnzPd.jpg

uhb4ToW.jpg

Got home an hour ago. I hope in time I will look back on the experience more positively than I feel I will today, negative because of the performance and the result and we have a history of getting on a fantastic date only to get IBS as the starters arrive. Not much else to bitch about that was / is within Tottenham’s control. Pre game I thought every effort had been made to make it great out there. Gave the Fan’s Zone a miss but found a lovely place for pre game drinks. Very nice and very proud Spurs were there.

I’ve just seen a reply of the Sissoko penalty for the first time. FUCK ME. If that’s an acceptable decision 23 seconds into a final then heaven knows what the future of football will be when it’s games that don’t matter quite so much. Utterly depressing. I can’t be arsed to try to find some wisdom for the rest of our display. Best to move on ( somehow feels very 2006 / 2016 )

Couple of wider points. I have lost even more respect for the Liverpoo fan base. Some of them are VILE.

Example 1 : in our plane cue this morning some hoodie knob happily explaining how he was trying to get into the stadium without a ticket - hmmm ironic how his shirt has the number 96 on the back.

Example 2: a bunch of pricks rolling over the Merchandise stands pre game last night. I wish the Spanish Old Bill had dealt with them. Poor girl who was serving them was in bits. Just scum.

The other thing I want to mention is that the Metro in Madrid last night was a disgrace. If, like us, you found yourselves trapped in the over crowding you will know how dangerous that shit got. Overall worst Metro ( underground i’ve ever been through )

Still love the Spurs, always will, feel hurt. See you guys and gals in August. Time to pretend it’s all ok for the summer.

Jesus Christmas can you people stop acting like I am seriously accusing him of being a pedo, it’s just an insult like someone calling you a nonce in a non serious way
Well you have just been reported to the Police for underage online grooming... just 'cos I wasn't sure if you were a nonce or not...
But it's all in a non serious way of course....

I'm sure the Police will see the funny side!! 'cos it's all 'non-serious'... they like all that to take up their time!

#don'tmesswithMrsP!
...there are a lot of us about!

a big positive for me is the perception of this club has rocketed. Any player would want to join us if the fee is right.
When you look at the ground, the facilities, the fan base, the fact that we made a CL final then it’s impossible to notice that we are anything but a massive prospect.
We were already climbing through the ranks but this will put us right there.

Just need the board to notice this fact and use this opportunity to step it up a notch.

Great times ahead..
That's the only worry. We have never really seized the moment & gone for it when we have had a great season or first half of the season. Time will tell...

People need to keep things in check and remember that Liverpool yesterday boasted two players in their starting XI who broke world transfer records in their respective positions. That's the gulf in what they can do and what we can do based on the size of their club and ours at present.

We keep going and we continue to trust the growth moving forward. If the club wants it then this journey has only just begun. Poch needs to be realistic with the funds, Levy has to match his ambition and occasionally roll a risky one to appease his manager. Both need to be flexible, both need to give somewhat in order for us to grow.

Top 3 finish and the semi finals of the Champions League + a cup of some sorts is the minimum target for next season but the club needs to give our boss reasonabale and adequate tools in order to do so. Poch can't demand a £200m war chest just like the club can't demand a repeat of this seasons finishings with next to nothing to develop it. Personally I think £100m + any player sales on top of that is reasonable for all parties involved.

Back
Top Bottom