TFC in Madrid

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If someone sets up a general WhatsApp group for bar info/ general advice/warnings for fellow spurs fans, I am game.

I am there from Friday and I personally need someone looking out for a spot for me to watch it! Not sure how it works but someone DM me and add me

If someone sets up a general WhatsApp group for bar info/ general advice/warnings for fellow spurs fans, I am game.

I am there from Friday and I personally need someone looking out for a spot for me to watch it! Not sure how it works but someone DM me and add me

I’m there from thurs so will post info on here, think a WhatsApp group could be a good idea but last resort probably

Christ, the idea of spending 8 hours straight crammed into an overpriced anonymous faux "Irish" pub sounds like hell on earth
Yeh prob right, but its a case of easy and obvious for me. If there's somewhere local and authentic near the fanzone thats suitable that'll be better. I guess I want to be in a pub with a bit of Spurs atmosphere. Friday is my local tapas evening.
Christ, the idea of spending 8 hours straight crammed into an overpriced anonymous faux "Irish" pub sounds like hell on earth

There's a facebook group that has apparently booked the downstairs of O'Brians for 200 Spurs fans. The rest of the pub is open to all....link below - hopefully it works! Spread the word! I can't seem to message on the group....but reckon this is about the nearest we've got to a Spurs pub.

I see in that O’Brian pub thread on Facebook that according to the British embassy, the Madrid authorities say that thee reason for not having the match on big screens is fear of terrorist attack.

But they still have the fan zones with thousands of people during the day ...

I would be surprised if they don’t «allright, we’ll screen it» during Saturday, and that this has just been a tactique to avoid too many non-ticket travellers.

Just been in touch with a friend of my sister's who has a flat in downtown Madrid (near Callao) - she's going to be away that weekend and has offered it to me.

On balance this is a slight improvement on my plan to sleep in the back of the van I'm driving down from Limoges airport.

11:50 from Atocha Cercanías.

Loads of night buses - the first section is Sun-Thurs, the second Fri/Sat. They go from outside Avenida de America metro, or Canillejas, which is pretty near the stadium if you're out that way...

horario-ida-n-202-madrid-san-fernando-de-henares-alcala-de-henares-autobuses-nocturnos.jpg

I shall be on this back to Alcalá at some point between 01.30 and 06.00 result depending i guess.

So you recommend a few beers out here before we head in then Bill? We arrive early Saturday morning and will get the metro in.

Call from car hire place in Carcassonne to take licence details and speed up the rental paperwork.

Looks like they are expecting numbers. Thought we where the only ones stupid enough to be driving a 16hr round trip to save some coin.

Flights from Manchester and Stanstead landing within about an hour of each other which should be fun.

Bollocks... Looked this morning and decided to wait to book. Is this the only 'Spurs-only' pub people have managed to find so far? I'm half tempted to email an Irish pub now.
OBrians. Downstairs Spurs fans. Upstairs open to all. First come first served though....advice is get there reasonably early. There's a facebook page for it. Yids in Madrid Champions League Party

OBrians. Downstairs Spurs fans. Upstairs open to all. First come first served though....advice is get there reasonably early. There's a facebook page for it. Yids in Madrid Champions League Party

Cheers. Think this seems to be best bet. Fingers crossed Liverpool fans choose other avenues given number of Spurs fans.

How early do you reckon early is? 18.00ish I was thinking of settling in a place.

Back
Top Bottom