We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s a tough one mate. I think the open kind of game suits us more actually. . . But then again it suits them aswell.

I just think they have won quite a few 1-0’s and 2-1’s this season which have been cagey yet professional performances. Which makes me think they would be better in that sort of game.

I just feel like we are at our best in an open, end to end, high scoring game and then I just hope our attacking stars step up to the plate.

I do truly believe that if we step up and play at our best then we will beat them playing at their best. Liverpool are sensational but don’t let the 25 point gap fool you, they could not have dealt with the amount of injuries we have had.

If they had similar levels of injuries then they would be much closer to us.
Good points, well made.

If they had similar levels of injuries, tiredness, upheaval due to playing at a neutral venue, and lack of rest for their key players over the summer, yes they would be much closer to us.

I think you are right, if we play how we did against Chelsea at home in the league, we would beat them or at least have a 50% chance of beating them, even if they were at their best. Problem is I think it's unlikely that we will be at our best, due to tiredness and injuries.

i keep finding myself in post season mode, and then remembering WE'RE IN THE FUCKING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL. I actually don't think its set in yet.

giphy.gif

I'm not just saying this 'cos I don't have any left..
But those of you still lucky enough to have Dads/Grandad's to share this occasion with... SHARE it with them... enjoy this MOMENTOUS moment in YOUR and our club's history...

it may be the only chance we get... so soak it up and SAVOUR EVERY SECOND!

I'll be one of the numerous 'orphans' descending on N17... to spend the day with friends in and around the ground... but fuck me I wish I had some Parents/Grandparents left to share this with.

Enjoy the day... and don't take ANYTHING for granted!
This may be the only chance we get!

Fucking COME ON YOU SPURS!
I’ll be watching with my eldest son who is 8. As I keep trying to explain to him. It’s not always like this. My youngest will be in bed.

I see Liverpool are out in Marbella preparing for the final. Obviously it will help to acclimatise to the weather out in Spain

Not really. They're back in Liverpool on Sunday I think and it'll be 17c. Just a lot of unnecessary travel they've done.

Current forecast says it'll be 31c on the day of the final. 27c at kick off. They could pay the price if they start too fast.

Not really. They're back in Liverpool on Sunday I think and it'll be 17c. Just a lot of unnecessary travel they've done.

Current forecast says it'll be 31c on the day of the final. 27c at kick off. They could pay the price if they start too fast.
Yeah saw that weather. Being reported that it's going to be extremely hot on 1st June....... Final kicks off 2100 local time so hopefully it will have come down by then but even so as you say, still predicted to be 27c and hotter pitchside.

Don't have a clue who benefits from that.

As long as we treat this like a European game and not a PL one we will be alright, I fully expect us to concede within the first 10 minutes but we will win in the end, I reckon we equalise on the 80th and Kane scores the winner on the 93rd!

Let's try and stop those early goals and start stronger from the off. Soak it up and counter. We must not open up and leave our back line exposed. I'm in two minds about if Kane should start or not. Can we drop lucus or sonny? Both deserve to start. Should Harry he on the bench?

Back
Top Bottom