We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rewatched the 2nd half and post-match celebrations yet again this evening.

So proud of that team. They must all feel fully vindicated by their decisions to join us. Whatever vision we sold to the players and coaches has materialised in the form of a CL final! It’s still sinking in. THE biggest club game in football. A stage built for legends and titans, and in terms of competitiveness it’s arguably more difficult than the World Cup.

Hugo could co-currently be captain of teams winning the two most significant trophies in the sport. Win or lose, getting to the final has sent our global profile through the stratosphere.

Loved seeing Danny Rose celebrating after the game with a bottle of Becks!

Balls, I put a large bet on Liverpool at round 16 to win the competition. Will win a few hundred quid if they do.

Debating wether to cash in and make a little bit, just so its out of the way for the final.
Surely that's just good insurance for if the worst happens....... Spurs win happy days, Spurs lose..... Bit of beer money to drown your sorrows.

Its acceptable as you didn't bet against Spurs - your bet was before we were even in the Final.

Surely that's just good insurance for if the worst happens....... Spurs win happy days, Spurs lose..... Bit of beer money to drown your sorrows.

Its acceptable as you didn't bet against Spurs - your bet was before we were even in the Final.

Yep, I'm siding with your plan

Im 90 percent sure we'll win the cup. Theres been too many 'name on the cup' moments since the quarters. I was going on the principle that liverpool were getting all the luck and also bias from officials and media. Just seemed like easy money.

Then the spurs miracle started to happen!

Yeah the requirement for multiple subscriptions I think is one of the drivers of the illegal streaming issue. How many services do you need to have to see everything you want to? It's crazy.

I only have BT Sport because it costs me £6 a month on top of my broadband. Don't have any sky TV subscription. I do pay the TV licence though. I don't mind massively because I use their web services extensively. I think the BBC website does a pretty good job overall. Much better than their TV output.

I yearn for a fully fledged SpursTV service (All senior fixtures plus fill the gaps with youth & other club-focussed content)... I wouldn't think twice about paying for that.

I'm not just saying this 'cos I don't have any left..
But those of you still lucky enough to have Dads/Grandad's to share this occasion with... SHARE it with them... enjoy this MOMENTOUS moment in YOUR and our club's history...

it may be the only chance we get... so soak it up and SAVOUR EVERY SECOND!

I'll be one of the numerous 'orphans' descending on N17... to spend the day with friends in and around the ground... but fuck me I wish I had some Parents/Grandparents left to share this with.

Enjoy the day... and don't take ANYTHING for granted!
This may be the only chance we get!

Fucking COME ON YOU SPURS!

100% agreed.. I was crying my eyes out at the end of the Ajax game wishing my father was still alive to have shared that moment with.

I’ll be an orphan in N17 with you next Saturday!

COYS

Guys can anyone give a disgruntled fan any tips on how I can possibly get me and two other mates in the ground for the live screening Saturday week.

I was a member for years when living in London but moved away from the area 5 years ago and as such am registered on the club’s database but don’t hold a membership as I simply can’t travel to matches like I could before.

Obviously the club has announced that tickets will be restricted to season ticket holders and members, with a window for members to purchase tickets for non-members should there still be availability. No good for myself and unfortunately I am no longer in contact with people from London who I used to attend matches with back in the day so feel like I’m effectively up the proverbial creek without a paddle when it comes to trying to get my hands on a ticket.

I emailed the club to ask about this, explaining that I understood the need to restrict the sale of tickets from people who are not registered on their database to ensure only genuine fans are able to purchase tickets, however had hoped that by being registered It would’ve been sufficient to at least give myself a chance of obtaining tickets for me and a couple of other pals. Of course they weren’t hugely sympathetic in their response citing the need to put their 42,000 season ticket holders and 150,000 members before anyone else. Can’t argue with that I guess, provided they can sell it out.

Just feel a bit gutted that I’m likely to miss out on the opportunity to watch the biggest game in our history in the new stadium which I am still yet to visit and was hoping this could be the ideal way to finally see inside this stunning arena.

If it comes to it I’ll resort to finding a pub around the ground. Do people expect everywhere to be mobbed anyway? Quite frankly I’d be happy enough soaking up the atmosphere in N17 provided I’m surrounded by like minded fans, just would’ve been the icing on the cake to get in the ground and be amongst 60,000 other Spurs.

11 more sleeps 🙏

I am going to watch this match at home. Really cannot risk watching on a stream for a CL final and if necessary will have to fork out for BT but you need to sign up for several months. How will this you tube work? Do you just open you tube and search? Will it be reliable as really do not want to miss part of the match as I did in the semi final when stream froze? Have you used this way of watching before?
This match is free to air. There are multiple platforms hosting it. You don’t need to subscribe to BT to watch the match. In the past they’ve even had a dedicated freeview channel for it. You’ll be fine.

Nobody ever deserves a cup unless you win it, or massive ref mistakes are made or
Deliberate injuries etc... you don’t deserve a cup for stupid reasons like sentiment or effort

Also Liverpool didn’t bottle it with 9 straight wins, City are just better with 14.

Sometimes I wonder about people losing all sense of perspective
No one says they bottled it at the end of the season, they bottled it just after Christmas when they were 7 points clear! :dembelefingers:

This match is free to air. There are multiple platforms hosting it. You don’t need to subscribe to BT to watch the match. In the past they’ve even had a dedicated freeview channel for it. You’ll be fine.
Surely anything free to air will be 'streamed' ...and as such will be a couple of minutes behind??

I can't imagine the delayed confusion in the final moments of both Qtr. AND Semi final, where some people watching it live, 'knew' ....whereas those with an online delay THOUGHT they knew...
But it turns out... NOBODY knew! Until it was over!

73916104f50f10f2c5cbaf4215a51655-full.jpg

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Back
Top Bottom