Other matches fred 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Probably will lose his job but your reasoning is flawed ....

Barca were doing fine for 50 minutes ... held Liverpool to a single goal having dealt with any 'out of the blocks' start fairly easily .... the problems came when they fell apart after conceding the second goal

Barca were shit and Liverpool just kept going ... sometimes these things just happen

The thing that worked for Liverpool was losing Salah to injury and gaining an extra player in the middle, pretty sure Klopp would not have dropped a fit Salah and not have won this game with him playing ... is there a lesson for us there?
Sorry mate, don't agree, Barca were never doing fine and looked vulnerable from the get go and if we're being honest, the first leg score flattered them. Wasn't a secret how they was going to approach it and Barca looked clueless and failed to match their work rate. I think they'd have won with Salah playing as well. Done the same thing last season against Roma.

No. PL and CL are all that matters. Could you name the cup finalists in all the major domestic leagues over the past few years? I doubt it. But everyone knows who's won the leagues and who's reached the semi finals of the CL.

The PL and CL get bigger every year, bigger audience, more money, more kudos, more everything. The rest is just diminishing every year.
Let me get this straight, you'd rather get bigger audience, more money, more kudos for reaching semi finals than winning an actual trophy?

The only way to feel better after last night is:

1. We get through tonight.
2. We win Sun.
3. Chavs lose Sun.
4. Man City lose Sun.
5. Dippers lose Sun.
6. We win June 1st.
7. Dippers lose June 1st.
8. Messi wants Mane at Barca.
9. Messi wants TAA at Barca.
10. Messi wants The Gurner at Barca.

I can live with that :)

Okay, so I am diluting a bit the extremes that have followed since Liverpool overcame a 3 nil deficit.

Some facts. Liverpool were the better side in the first game. They lost but were the better side.

Look at the Spanish clubs this season. Barcelona are the best of a bunch that look like they may have run their cycle.

It's funny how we view victories and while there can and should be little doubting the scale of recovering from being 3 down it has to be set against a context.

And Liverpool this season have seen nearly every star aligned in their favour but if they do win the CL, like us it will off the back of not finishing 1st last season and who knows quite yet,, this season as well.

And ultimately that is the acid test albeit on a domestic front only.

Barcelona looked as rudderless last night as Argentina at the last WC. Their attacking transitions were so slow.
Gee, I wonder if there is some correlation of teams that rely on 1 player for attacking creativity and slow transitions. Nah, doesn't sound reasonable at all.

Back
Top Bottom