Bournemouth (A) 1230KO - 4th May.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't have your confidence in either mate, I hope i am wrong because Dier had such a promising start to his spurs career-I loved him back then!

Dier has to be cut some slack after his injuries and illnesses this season, until this season he’s played almost every game since he came here and we were hard to score against.

He will come good.

I'm actually lost for words for our team.
'Heroes'?? NINE losses in the space of three months, injuries, stadium etc I have been making those excuses for this team all season but we have to face the fact-we are fucking shit lads-simple as.
When was the last time you watched spurs and thought fucking ell thats a good side? Chelsea at wembley, dortmund and Everton away are the only three games I thought wow, we look like spurs of 18 months ago. This season has been the most turgid slog since avb and we need to address so many issues this summer its frightening.

Two ridiculous red cards, absolutely unforgivable from both, they should be ashamed of themselves, literally couldn't do any more to ask the ref for a red than what they both did.
And worse still -Sanchez on that corner, are you fucking kidding me Dave?? ball watching AGAIN not doing a CB's main job AGAIN the fucking guy is brainless, absolutely brainless and as much as I like Foyth as a talented lad, hes a fucking dumb cunt as well.

We are in serious serious trouble-we haven't a chance of beating Everton after another probably demoralising defeat on wed.
I am usually a confident, pragmatic level headed positive fan of our club but we are fucked lads.
It would be a miracle to get a win in amsterdam and an even bigger one to not be hammered in the final if we got there.
4 paragraphs later ...

Spurs get normal refereeing in the Champions League because Sky don't own the rights as they do in the PL - they have corrupted the PL to help the teams they like and Spurs are in their way!

Martin Tyler revealed a fact that Chelsea haven't had a player sent off in 72 games (73 now), yet I'd hardly call them a 'clean' team, but Spurs get 2 in one match sent off. Tottenham get the worse refereeing and have some idiotic fans who don't want to see it.

I think something is seriously wrong at the club in the samecway as it is at United.

Something really flawed and ours is that we have become arrogant without cause and too complacent for our own good.

This season we have been poor and I really have no idea how we can still finish 4th and that we could get to the CL final quite frightening because we are so poor from that standard.
And yet - there it is. Don't you just hate it when your team pull (potential) success out of the bag in an extremely difficult year. When I say your team, I mean Spurs of course (obviously I don't think they are your team but you get the point).

Not pleased to see Pochettino say that if we miss out, he’ll still be proud as no one expected us to be where we are.

Needs to stop making excuses and cut the Californian style zen bullshit.

Be angry, annoyed and then move on.

I've already resigned to the fact that we will be playing europa next season so I can watch both games against Ajax and Everton without any frustrations.

Watching Spurs has become like a job these days. Something you have to do, you don't have to enjoy it.
That will be disastrous. The consequences of EL with new stadium will be unthinkable. No signings or no significant signings and going backward to where we were 10 years ago. I won't go to a single EL match.
Would you buy a house and put black and white CRT tv?!

Unbelievable. Levy and Poch to go. Followed no doubt by Kane, Delli, Eriksen, Son, Foyth, Alderweireld, Aurier, Trippier, Davies, Sanchez, and anyone I have missed who people have been calling to be got rid of over the last few weeks. Still, that should give us a decent transfer budget (just no idea who our new chairman will be - oh and our new manager). Today was just shite - but come on, get real just for a short while both of you.
As the above isn't going to happen, it's perhaps time for both of you to fuck off and 'support' a team that would give you pleasure every week.
I agree. I do feel like it’s time to give up. You are correct in the sense that when you lose your “fun” from something it is likely to be time to call it a day.

I am angry because I care, not because I don’t. I accept your points, I probably do feel I am done with it.

It’s amazing - it’s as if we had nothing to do with us having 9 men.

These people should support Liverpool given how it is never our fault

2 of the lads fucked up, so the remaining 9 that battled their asses off in the 2nd half deserve hanging too?

Bollocks.

Spurs get normal refereeing in the Champions League because Sky don't own the rights as they do in the PL - they have corrupted the PL to help the teams they like and Spurs are in their way!

Martin Tyler revealed a fact that Chelsea haven't had a player sent off in 72 games (73 now), yet I'd hardly call them a 'clean' team, but Spurs get 2 in one match sent off. Tottenham get the worse refereeing and have some idiotic fans who don't want to see it.
As much as I would like to agree with you. We have had 3 reds all up this season (2 in this game and Dier could've had one). Hardly seems like the refs are trying to send our players off.

Not pleased to see Pochettino say that if we miss out, he’ll still be proud as no one expected us to be where we are.

Needs to stop making excuses and cut the Californian style zen bullshit.

Be angry, annoyed and then move on.

He's never been a good PR man when things are bad.

What he's been is a great tactician when things are bad. But no one could get a performance out of the squad he has at his disposal right now.

No positives from today. We lacked discipline, we lack leadership on the pitch and our finishing in the first 30 minutes was woeful.

I have no confidence in this squad of players, the cracks have been there all season and only masked over with scraping late wins. I can only think of three or four league games this season where we have performed to the players so called ability.

Saying that, let's see where we are next Sunday evening.

But this squad needs a major overhaul and I would not be too upset with seeing some of our top players being moved on if the season fizzles out......

Your looking forward to the europa league are you...so you don't think giving up a 10 point gap to 4th and flooding more than 10 games is a joke?
Probably Not, u have no ambition just like our board clearly
giphy.gif

Also.. Bournemouth are dreadful. Play against 9 men for a whole half and they barely attack other than the last 5 minutes. Eddie Howe is getting away with it big time there.

Geezers a myth.

They concede goals for fun. This get's excused on the basis of them being 'attacking', yet they were fucking toothless against 9men FFS!

It really is fucking heartbreaking that a team that was so hard to beat in previous seasons under Poch couldn't have ground out 2 draws from the 13 PL defeats we've suffered which would have seen us back in the CL next season.

Still can't quite get my head around it.

Back
Top Bottom