Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why haven’t you compared Pogba and Eriksen?
You have called them both the most productive CM in European football.

Which one of the two is it?

No 3000 word essay needed, just a name.

I have compared them, but it's not black and white is it. Pogba has played about 33 games as a CM, 1 as an AM. He is basically a pure CM, but even then he mostly plays the 8 role in CM3's but has on occasions played as an 6/8 hybrid.

Eriksen has played about 17 as a CM, 10 as an ACM and a few more as AM. Then he's also swapped about in games as we change format during games.

As a pure CM I've already stated in this thread I think Pogba is better than Eriksen.

As an ACM/AM I'd say Eriksen is better. But I also think Eriksen is more versatile and more tactically versatile during games (he has the intelligence to play 2 or even 3 roles in one game.

I think they are both very great footballers, both very important to their teams and both very productive.

In tactical application or "remit" Pogba and Sissoko are very comparable as Sissoko has been deployed in similar ways for us all this season in CM3's and double pivots. But that's where any similarity ends, Pogba is just a quantum level better in every way and any performance comparison is laughable.

I hope this clears everything up for you. Though I am sure in three posts time time you'll have twisted this into some completely different smart arse sound bite.

Last edited:
Come on, Neville's been having digs at Pogba for almost his entire time there. When Mourinho was sacked he tweeted Pogba should be next. When he was playing great when Solskjar first came in he started whining about his agent. Only this weekend he was ranting about him but refusing to name him.

Ever since Neville made a twat of himself and lost the dressing room at Valencia, he's been refusing to blame managers for anything and seems to think the players at ManU and particularly their record signing Pogba are to blame entirely for his beloved alma's slapstick demise, especially as he'd already had the temerity to leave them in the first place.

What has Pogba actually done wrong that you know of?

Garry Neville used to be a decent pundit

Over the last year or do (since he lost the Valencia manager job) he has changed to becoming very 'opinionated' rather than analytical - in particular when discussing Manu and it's players but generally too.

If I were a betting man I would guess he sees himself as the new technical director at Manu and that colours his views. In short he is putting himself up for the job.

Just my opinion of course and maybe wrong

Imagine a scenario where you are 28 and pinning your future on a dream move to Real Madrid or Barca.

You have half a season to see out.
That 50-50 could either break Spurs away on a counter attack. Or it could break your ankle.

Do you think it’s wildly unlikely that a player might not put 100% into winning that ball?

But that scenario is not real life, it’s something that would only happen in your head. Have you actually ever played any sport in your life?
You must be wearing blinkers. Several seasons ago I felt Eriksen had all the ability but lacked the intensity to break up play and get stuck in, under Poch he made this final step and has been exceptional since. This season, for whatever reason he has taken a step back, like he is scared to get stuck in. If you watch, he runs back to cover (with less urgency than before) and rarely challenges. If you can't see this then you are blind.

I don't know the reason but I doubt it's contract talk. It's either due to an injury or fear of getting injured. I personally feel he has decided to not sign a new contract, has made the club aware of this in private out of respect and is hoping for a move at the end of the season with us bagging a large transfer fee.

If he has been honest with the club, and given 100% (until now), is a great example on the training pitch and dressing room whilst not airing his laundry in public why would Poch or anyone else be against him? It's a professional game and players move on.

Are you a new fan? Are you blind? Because Eriksen has never in his career been a player who gets stuck in and tackles. He has actually got a lot better than when he first arrived. But saying that he suddenly have become less of a tackler this season is a lie. Lolmao did you think he was a destroyer or something before this season?

Also when the fuck did effort become the same as getting stuck in. Eriksen is running just as much as he always have and gives exactly the same effort. It’s absolute bullshit to think that he isn’t giving 100%

The only thing he has struggled with more this season than last is his passing, but that doesn’t affect that he still gives 100% for the club. Unless you want to imply that he somehow misplaces more passes this season on purpose.

But all that comspiracy shite makes no sense, because he only gets a transfer to a bigger club if he plays good enough that the bigger club like Real wants him.

It makes zero sense to play worse, when his contract only have one year left. We all know that if Real wants him and he wants Real then we will come to an agreement because we don’t want to lose him for nothing.

This conspiracy drivel is honestly one of the stupidest things i have heard here.

Are we speaking hypothetically? Mata, Ozil, Mkhitaryan.
Realistically, Holtby. When he played at the U21 Championship, he looked like exactly the player we need. It's time for him to step up.
Why does everyone want Eriksen so badly? He's not the player everyone thinks he is. He has been shit for Denmark for awhile now and has been outshone by Siem De Jong and Viktor Fischer at Ajax. He's definitely not progressing as everyone thought he would've. If we have the money than Willian would be a much better buy.
I know it was 2013....
But state of the first page!!!

Garry Neville used to be a decent pundit

Over the last year or do (since he lost the Valencia manager job) he has changed to becoming very 'opinionated' rather than analytical - in particular when discussing Manu and it's players but generally too.

If I were a betting man I would guess he sees himself as the new technical director at Manu and that colours his views. In short he is putting himself up for the job.

Just my opinion of course and maybe wrong

Completely agree, he used to be a decent pundit (even if you didn't always agree with everything he said) but that debacle in Spain completely ruined him - and in his own mind damaged a lot of his credibility.

Because of all the shit he took for previously criticising managers and then making a complete mess of the managers job he took (it was a stupid choice to take anyway) ever since he's been very reluctant to criticise managers (where before he'd be very candid) - because he knows they can just come back straight back at him with "you were shit a manager so who are you to criticise me".

And then when it comes to ManU he's just so invested and agenda driven, nothing he says can be taken very seriously. He has refused to criticise Mourinho, the board, the owners and now Solskjaer (who is clearly way out of his fucking depth).

Are you a new fan? Are you blind? Because Eriksen has never in his career been a player who gets stuck in and tackles. He has actually got a lot better than when he first arrived. But saying that he suddenly have become less of a tackler this season is a lie. Lolmao did you think he was a destroyer or something before this season?

Few things with that Paragraph:

1. No i'm not a new fan, 37 years + Been to a shit load of games and on this forum 6 years (before that thfclatestII

2. You say he has never been much of a tackler but then yourself admit he has got a lot better than when he first arrived (that was my point). Which is it?

3. You can dispossess people without being a destroyer which leads to a transition in play, not every tackle needs to be a leg breaker, it's about 'nicking' the ball at times. This is what he has stopped doing

Also when the fuck did effort become the same as getting stuck in. Eriksen is running just as much as he always have and gives exactly the same effort. It’s absolute bullshit to think that he isn’t giving 100%

When the fuck did 'running about a bit' equate to effort and skill? It about intensity (as Poch always says) and intent. Nobody is saying he is lazy and not running as before. Running and distance covered does not equate to intensity

The only thing he has struggled with more this season than last is his passing, but that doesn’t affect that he still gives 100% for the club. Unless you want to imply that he somehow misplaces more passes this season on purpose.

Hmmm, the biggest part of his game. If you look at the stats (which it appears you do) he still makes lots of completed passes however at the moment it's like the ball is a hot potato, he moves it on quickly, often sideways or backwards. With less penetration than before, ofcourse this is impacted by the players around him however coupled with the lack of intensity it seems like his head or heart isn't in it.

But all that comspiracy shite makes no sense, because he only gets a transfer to a bigger club if he plays good enough that the bigger club like Real wants him.

Yeah that's right, players only get transferred when they really really work hard and agents and players never speak to clubs out of a transfer windows and sort something out for the future. I mean how could he possibly know if another club was interested in him?

It is well documented that he is financially astute and is already set-up for retirement back in Denmark. He has career aspirations that aren't directly linked to earnings so it's conceivable he might want to ply his trade in another league. To not renew with us at a point when he is hot property isn't a conspiracy but something that would get him a move he desires.

Personally I hope he stays and his form returns to its peak. I made an observation about a player and his form. I haven't called him and cunt, I don't boo him at games, I've just noticed his drop in form and feel (like others) it could be because a move is on the cards as no contract extension has been signed. Until he leaves I will cheers his name but wind your neck mate and don't question my commitment to Spurs.

But that scenario is not real life, it’s something that would only happen in your head. Have you actually ever played any sport in your life?

The fact you think the scenario is not a reality suggests you live out your football support in some kind of fairytale utopia where all the Spurs players love the club, and love the badge and never ever ever ever want to leave.

You need a reality check. Berbatov refused to come on as a sub for us to get a move to Utd.....unless of course you think Daniel Levy knows nothing about sport, seeing as he's the one who revealed it.

Yet here you are, believing a player would never....ever, bottle a challenge to avoid injury.

Awwww, how cute

Back
Top Bottom