Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I'm not mistaken, 6 of those goals have come from the penalty spot. He's got ability, but he's a toxic wanker who is apparently hoping for a pay-rise if Utd don't qualify for the CL.

Don’t remember him being toxic at Juve? Could it possibly have something to do with the club he’s at now?

Last time I looked nobody wanted to strip Kane of his Pens?

So there’s a chance their league positions might improve with maths teachers then, eh?

Like Liverpool’s has this season?

I bet Seville don’t win La Liga, or the CL in the next 20-50 years, and remain a 4th-8th club that wins the EL and a domestic cup every now and then.

Maybe you think that they will be bigger than Real, Barca and Atletico now with there new policy.

I don’t, because I live in the real world, and the fact they pay someone to look at some stats and say “Oh Look!!!! That Hazard fella seems decent”, doesn’t mean they will get Hazard.

2018/19 so far:

Eriksen is not off form
Eriksen is off form
Eriksen is missing Kane
Eriksen is missing Dele
Eriksen is not a creative mid
Eriksen is not an AM
Eriksen is the same position as Sissoko
Eriksen is not defensive
Eriksen is not a playmaker
Eriksen is not deep lying
Eriksen is not further forward
Eriksen is out of position
Eriksen is knackered
Eriksen (however) runs 700k per match
Eriksen is the PLs most productive midfielder
Eriksen is poor because of Winks
Eriksen is poor because of Dier
Eriksen is poor because of Trippier
Eriksen is poor because of Sissoko
Eriksen isnt poor (after all)
Eriksen had a two week injury 6 months ago
Eriksen played in the World Cup
Eriksen had a baby

Next week;
Eriksen takes shit free kicks and corners because of Simon Davies

2018/19 so far:

Eriksen is not off form
Eriksen is off form
Eriksen is missing Kane
Eriksen is missing Dele
Eriksen is not a creative mid
Eriksen is not an AM
Eriksen is the same position as Sissoko
Eriksen is not defensive
Eriksen is not a playmaker
Eriksen is not deep lying
Eriksen is not further forward
Eriksen is out of position
Eriksen is knackered
Eriksen (however) runs 700k per match
Eriksen is the PLs most productive midfielder
Eriksen is poor because of Winks
Eriksen is poor because of Dier
Eriksen is poor because of Trippier
Eriksen is poor because of Sissoko
Eriksen isnt poor (after all)
Eriksen had a two week injury 6 months ago
Eriksen played in the World Cup
Eriksen had a baby

Next week;
Eriksen takes shit free kicks and corners because of Simon Davies

Come on...

...everyone knows it's Diers fault

:dierno::eriksenlol:

Don’t remember him being toxic at Juve? Could it possibly have something to do with the club he’s at now?

Last time I looked nobody wanted to strip Kane of his Pens?
Why did you neglect to mention that 8 of his 13 goals came from the penalty spot?

I don't doubt that he has ability but he is a narcissistic manchild who will probably never realise his potential. I didn't watch him at Juventus. He subsequently became the most expensive player in the world and trademarked his own emoji.

Pogba has always needed babysitting in midfield. That's his big problem.

Will he score goals and get assists? Yes. He has fabulous technique. He has superb strength and on his day can be excellent.

The problem is, if it isn't going your way, you have to carry him. He's a liability defensively and if his head goes down, you're on to a loser.

That stops him from being that top elite of central midfielders. He doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck often enough. He doenst change a game often enough to be considered one. He needs to be in the right team, during the right game where everything clicks.

Beginning of OGSs reign? He was excellent. He had 10 other men surrounding him willing to fight and prove themselves. Suddenly a few of those don't want to anymore which means either Pogba feels the same or Pogba hasn't got the same support he did a few months ago meaning he has to do alot more which exceeds his comfort zone.

Will he score goals and get assists? Yes. He has fabulous technique. He has superb strength and on his day can be excellent.

The problem is, if it isn't going your way, you have to carry him. He's a liability defensively and if his head goes down, you're on to a loser.

That stops him from being that top elite of central midfielders. He doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck often enough. He doenst change a game often enough to be considered one. He needs to be in the right team, during the right game where everything clicks.

Beginning of OGSs reign? He was excellent. He had 10 other men surrounding him willing to fight and prove themselves. Suddenly a few of those don't want to anymore which means either Pogba feels the same or Pogba hasn't got the same support he did a few months ago meaning he has to do alot more which exceeds his comfort zone.

Brilliant post, totally sums up my feelings of Pogba.

Why did you neglect to mention that 8 of his 13 goals came from the penalty spot?

I don't doubt that he has ability but he is a narcissistic manchild who will probably never realise his potential. I didn't watch him at Juventus. He subsequently became the most expensive player in the world and trademarked his own emoji.

Why should I, do they not count? A lot of players don't have the bollocks to take penalties or want the responsibility. Even if you take off his 6 pl penalties, he’s still the highest scoring CM in the PL in open play, as well as the highest assister from CM, there's only about 3 (c)midfielders who get through as much ball as well - he's hardly lazy or "not fulfilling potential is he?

So he should be criticised because ManU made him the most expensive player? And I'm really not sure trade marking his own emoji is a heinous crime either.

You say that like there's some unique weakness in Pogba's game, but in reality that's no more true of him than any other creatively biased player though is it Totti, probably less than many. I wouldn't dream of playing Eriksen in midfield without wanting a fucking solid players in there holding his hand most weeks, even players like DeBruyne and David Silva need balancing off with players like Fernandinho, Iniesta and Xavi had Busquets etc.

Any good team is all about balancing off skill sets and about harmony all over the pitch and a good cohesive work ethic and playing style.

You will rarely find a player as creative and productive as Pogba who's also defensively outstanding too.

Pogba works every bit as hard without the ball as Sissoko does, tackles as much, recovers more (last time I looked) from pressure events. But he's not a defensive midfielder, never has been and never will be, that's just not his strength.

You say he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck often enough, but how other CM's in the world do that more often than he does and create and produce what he does? Two or three at most.

I bet Seville don’t win La Liga, or the CL in the next 20-50 years, and remain a 4th-8th club that wins the EL and a domestic cup every now and then.

Maybe you think that they will be bigger than Real, Barca and Atletico now with there new policy.

I don’t, because I live in the real world, and the fact they pay someone to look at some stats and say “Oh Look!!!! That Hazard fella seems decent”, doesn’t mean they will get Hazard.

Yes, because that's exactly what I said.

Sevilla won all their trophies, 3 Europa Leagues etc by buying Eden Hazard's didn't they?

Fucking wise cracking twat.

You say that like there's some unique weakness in Pogba's game, but in reality that's no more true of him than any other creatively biased player though is it Totti, probably less than many. I wouldn't dream of playing Eriksen in midfield without wanting a fucking solid players in there holding his hand most weeks, even players like DeBruyne and David Silva need balancing off with players like Fernandinho, Iniesta and Xavi had Busquets etc.

Any good team is all about balancing off skill sets and about harmony all over the pitch and a good cohesive work ethic and playing style.

You will rarely find a player as creative and productive as Pogba who's also defensively outstanding too.

Pogba works every bit as hard without the ball as Sissoko does, tackles as much, recovers more (last time I looked) from pressure events. But he's not a defensive midfielder, never has been and never will be, that's just not his strength.

You say he doesn't take the game by the scruff of the neck often enough, but how other CM's in the world do that more often than he does and create and produce what he does? Two or three at most.

But I dont think Pogba is anywhere near the level of ANY of those players you mentioned nor will he ever be.

Again. Aesthetics. His posture, his technique all look good on the eye. Its probably why he's rated as highly as he is. Because if I've watched Pogba 50 times. He's impressed me in perhaps 5 of those games.

Pogba has had solid players round him. Plenty. Pirlo, Vidal, Kante, Matic, Hererra. Regardless of their form.

He's not good enough for what his price tag and wages believed he should be. Is he good on his day? Yes. How often does he have his day? I genuinely have no idea.

I haven't seen Pogba have a good game in months. Why?

And throughout his United tenure he's been nothing more of a reincarnation. They should have branded him Eric Pogba-Pogba.

Why should I, do they not count?
Yes, they count, but it puts a much different complexion on the stat you offered us.
Even if you take off his 6 pl penalties, he’s still the highest scoring CM in the PL in open play
How many PL goals has he scored from open play this season?
there's only about 3 (c)midfielders who get through as much ball as well - he's hardly lazy or "not fulfilling potential is he?
As I said, the boy has ability, but he is also infamous for going through the motions. Is he fulfilling his potential? I don't think he is, no. He is possibly the most disruptive element in that United squad. It's funny how you value industry over almost everything else, yet here you are praising the workrate of an infamously sulky wanker.
So he should be criticised because ManU made him the most expensive player?
I didn't say that. But his ego is writing cheques that his talent can't cash.
And I'm really not sure trade marking his own emoji is a heinous crime either.
It's not, but taken all together, it's suggestive of a guy who needs to focus more on doing his talking on the pitch.

How many PL goals has he scored from open play this season?

The same amount as Eriksen and David Silva who have both predominantly played central midfield this season. Bernardo Silva also has 6 goals and for a whole load of this season he's been playing central midfield too (and got most of his goals from there). David Silva does have one free kick to his name though.

Then again, Pogba hasn't JUST played central midfield this season, he's also played further as an attacking midfielder which in that case, Ward-Prowse and Maddison have similar goal out puts for their teams. Again though, set pieces play a part in their goals.

Dele, who has played in 1000 less minutes than Pogba this season, has just 1 less goal. Doucoure also has 1 less goal. Gundogan and Loftus-Cheek too. All of which (bar Doucoure) have played near enough 1000 less minutes.

The same amount as Eriksen and David Silva who have both predominantly played central midfield this season. Bernardo Silva also has 6 goals and for a whole load of this season he's been playing central midfield too (and got most of his goals from there). David Silva does have one free kick to his name though.

Then again, Pogba hasn't JUST played central midfield this season, he's also played further as an attacking midfielder which in that case, Ward-Prowse and Maddison have similar goal out puts for their teams. Again though, set pieces play a part in their goals.

Dele, who has played in 1000 less minutes than Pogba this season, has just 1 less goal. Doucoure also has 1 less goal. Gundogan and Loftus-Cheek too. All of which (bar Doucoure) have played near enough 1000 less minutes.

So, like I said, the highest scoring midfielder in open play.

Pogba has played AM about 3 times. (edit 4 according to who scored) Maddison (23) and Alli (15) have played much more of their time as AM's.

How many of those other players also have 9 assists, average 60 passes a game ?

And how many of them would you play without a DM or in a CM3?

So, like I said, the highest scoring midfielder in open play.

Pogba has played AM about 3 times. (edit 4 according to who scored) Maddison (23) and Alli (15) have played much more of their time as AM's.

How many of those other players also have 9 assists, average 60 passes a game ?

And how many of them would you play without a DM or in a CM3?

No. He isn't. Eriksen has 6 - unless I missed a set piece goal from him.

Has 12 assists and averages 50 passes per game and he's predominantly played without a defensive midfielder all season.

Pogba plays with a DM every week and he's STILL disappointing. God knows what he's doing with those 60 odd passes per game. Probably the same as Matic (who averages 65 passes per game).

Not sure I'd trust whoscoreds positions entirely. They had Eriksen as "AM" against Huddersfield. When he clearly wasn't. He was in a midfield 3, which I'd consider central midfield as I'm sure you would also.

Same with how they treat Bernardo Silvas "AM" positions.

Check my math. If Eriksen's salary is doubled, the additional cost is 75,000 per week. 75,000 X 52 = 3.9 million per year. 4 year deal costs 15.6 million. The transfer fee that we would get for him will undoubtedly be spent to buy his replacement, so that's a wash. Would his replacement accept 150,000 per week? If not, the quality differential better be significant.

Back
Top Bottom