Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't Monchi's star reported to be fading....

Hmmmmmmm..... Is this coincidence or the plot thickening?

(

Interesting point. Personally I think relying on algorithms too much is a risk in itself. You'll miss out on jewells others won't find that are out of form, not in the right environment, playing for the right team or manager etc if you focus your time relying on numbers etc.

For me it's all about the whites of their eyes. Got to look for the soul of the player which ultimately, numbers will never achieve. Interesting to read though, I wonder how many will follow suit and develop a bumfight for someone who has a scouting report looking like a winning lottery ticket

Interesting point. Personally I think relying on algorithms too much is a risk in itself. You'll miss out on jewells others won't find that are out of form, not in the right environment, playing for the right team or manager etc if you focus your time relying on numbers etc.

For me it's all about the whites of their eyes. Got to look for the soul of the player which ultimately, numbers will never achieve. Interesting to read though, I wonder how many will follow suit and develop a bumfight for someone who has a scouting report looking like a winning lottery ticket

That's a scenario already well underway, isn't it?

That's a scenario already well underway, isn't it?

Agreed. I worked for a firm that only looked at numbers based on billings,success rates etc. On paper it looked incredible but it completely ripped the soul and chemistry out of the place.

The human element is key. That's where hunger and bonding comes from , not just doing what you can to buy the Harlem Globetrotters etc. If too many rely on a big Data, they'll end up as robotic as the machinery they're using to judge quality & ability. It's important but it definitely shouldn't be the most important thing

Agreed. I worked for a firm that only looked at numbers based on billings,success rates etc. On paper it looked incredible but it completely ripped the soul and chemistry out of the place.

The human element is key. That's where hunger and bonding comes from , not just doing what you can to buy the Harlem Globetrotters etc. If too many rely on a big Data, they'll end up as robotic as the machinery they're using to judge quality & ability. It's important but it definitely shouldn't be the most important thing

Extreme projection on my part; but if managing and recruiting by algorhythm, then eventually, surely everything/everyone conceeds to par and you might as well run a similation each week.

You could make it into a computer game even...

Can't think of a catchy title for it though...... Global Footy Super Coach 2020 maybe? ...Any better suggestions?

Extreme projection on my part; but if managing and recruiting by algorhythm, then eventually, surely everything/everyone conceeds to par and you might as well run a similation each week.

You could make it into a computer game even...

Can't think of a catchy title for it though...... Global Footy Super Coach 2020 maybe? ...Any better suggestions?

Final Fantasy Manager? Sim Ball? Ramon Sega? (I'm literally just thinking of computer related puns and failing miserably at it :memeokay:.

I'd bet that if he signed a new contract, all the negativity would go away.
There's no doubt he is our most creative player, but the spark from previous seasons seems to be missing for me, personally.
There may be valid reasons for this (is he fully fit? different position? contract issues on his mind?). But for me, I don't care how good or valuable a player is, if they don't want to play for us, then we should jettison for as much money as we can get for them.

There's no doubt he is our most creative player, but the spark from previous seasons seems to be missing for me, personally.
There may be valid reasons for this (is he fully fit? different position? contract issues on his mind?). But for me, I don't care how good or valuable a player is, if they don't want to play for us, then we should jettison for as much money as we can get for them.

The dude has also become a father for the first time 7-8 months ago. That could easily play its part in his mentality from time to time. There's so many things to consider surrounding the Great Dane at the moment. I say what will be will be, let's just hope we turn the burners on for the next 7 fixtures ;)

We've been here once before with CE. Can't quite remember the timeframe, but I think he's a delicate lad who'm finds the uncertainty distracting.

I also suspect he's been advised (agent?) to bide his time with any new deal as he holds all the cards and may have to play a bit of 'poker' if he is to get the deal he wants (here or elsewhere).... Which is all well and good IF you have the 'stomach' for it to not affect your game in the meantime.

Last edited:
The dude has also become a father for the first time 7-8 months ago. That could easily play its part in his mentality from time to time. There's so many things to consider surrounding the Great Dane at the moment. I say what will be will be, let's just hope we turn the burners on for the next 7 fixtures ;)

I'm pretty sure the father thing had it's impact. They only had their child a couple of days before he World Cup, and he had a terrible tournament. I believe he had his head elsewhere. Ever since he's struggled regaining former strength. He used to be know for spending extra time on the training pitch after practice, but that won't be the case anymore.

We've been here once before with CE. Can't quite remember the timeframe, but I think he's a delicate lad who'm finds the uncertainty distracting.

I also suspect he's been advised (agent?) to bide his time with any new deal as he holds all the cards and may have to play a bit of 'poker' if he is to get the deal he wants (here or elsewhere).... Which is all well and good IF you have the 'stomach' for it to not affect your game in the meantime.
100% agree. For me, he's the anti-Özil in that regard.

Pogba, 13 goals, 9 assists, 1.6 key passes a game, 60 passes a game. From midfield in a team that's been shambolically mismanaged.

Quelle surprise....

Apart from being able to control a football, all the goal scoring, goal making, chance creating, getting on the ball nearly twice as much, tackling more and whatnot, they could almost be twins

Fuck me....this place is like the fucking twighlight zone sometimes.

You missed the rest of my sentence, I do accept he is better in forward areas but to dismiss Sissoko's running, tackling and general drive as a box to box midfielder is not really fair.

I am neither a fan of Sissoko or Pogba's passing, both tend to be slow moving the ball, neither can do what Winks can do or even close in terms of keeping play going hence why both players often have a passing midfielder next to them like Winks or Herrera.

A classic case of “if I played better we might have won stuff......but I didn’t so now I deserve a bigger club”

Didn't know this. Well fuck me, of course he's gonna be knackered.

You know, this really is news. He seems a reasonably sensible lad, I wonder how much the formative years for his child will weigh on his decision.

The stability of staying v the utter volatility of Madrid or Barcelona. That's a massive choice to make.

Back
Top Bottom