Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So fucking what? You could say this about most of our players. Swap Son for Aguero and we win yesterday.

Your silly nonsense would be less laughable if your weren't constantly telling us what a wonderful and consistent player Sissoko is. You could swap him for for midfielders from teams like Watford, Wolves, Everton, West Ham or Fulham and we'd have a better midfield.

Not necessarily.
Son isn’t considered irreplaceable either

I’m talking about people babbling on about how we couldn’t possibly replace Eriksen then every time you name one of his peers that’s better than him it’s all: “oooh that’s unfair”

Im not complaining he’s not as good as KDB though.
Because I don’t think he is.

But I’m constantly being told he’s the most productive midfielder in the PL and one of the best players in Europe and is completely and utterly irreplaceable.

Just don’t compare him to good players though?
Makes sense
The two aren’t mutually exclusive though. Statistically he IS one of the most productive players in terms of direct output-that’s not debatable, but we can use our eyes to determine that he’s not as good as some other players in terms of all round game. I don’t think anyone has said he’s irreplaceable have they? I think the general consensus is more that they don’t TRUST that he will be adequately replaced. That’s a different thing entirely.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive though. Statistically he IS one of the most productive players in terms of direct output-that’s not debatable, but we can use our eyes to determine that he’s not as good as some other players in terms of all round game. I don’t think anyone has said he’s irreplaceable have they? I think the general consensus is more that they don’t TRUST that he will be adequately replaced. That’s a different thing entirely.
No it’s got NOTHING to do with thinking Levy won’t replace him, and it’s all about how he is irreplaceable in what he brings to the team.

Come on, you know that full well.

Let’s not have a ridiculous year of backtracking now. Just pointless and stupid.

No it’s got NOTHING to do with thinking Levy won’t replace him, and it’s all about how he is irreplaceable in what he brings to the team.

Come on, you know that full well.

Let’s not have a ridiculous year of backtracking now. Just pointless and stupid.
I’ve read multiple posts saying just that. Seems people worry that we’ll replace him with Maddison, grealish or similar. That seems to be the concern. I’d agree with that too. He’s not irreplaceable, he’s hard to replace though for sure.

I don't think he's had a great season to be honest, too many games where he was anonymous. I wouldn't be adverse to moving him on at all.

Who could we replace him with? Perhaps Ziyech from Ajax?

I was quite amazed by Eriksens stats this season to be honest.

38 starts
8 goals
17 assists

He's been involved in 25 goals in 38 starts. Whilst his goals overall have been on the low side compared to previous seasons, you could probably attribute that to him being deeper than he's ever been due to injuries and a change in formation.

Here are comparisons from previous season:

17/18:
45 starts
14 goals
13 assists

16/17:
46 starts
12 goals
23 assists

15/16:
44 starts
8 goals
16 assists

12 of those assists this season coming in the Premier League, no one in the league has more. That means he joins a rare club of getting double digit assists in four consecutive Premier League seasons.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen anything from Pogba that’s any better than Fellaini.
Must have been some fucking season at Juve, personally I think he’s pretty shit
> mfw everyone starts to realise that Graeme Souness was right.

giphy.gif

Pogba is shit. Lovely technique etc etc blah blah, but lazy, entitled, arrogant and basically everything I would hate to see in one of our players. Hopefully he stays at Utd for years, while manager after manager tries to ‘get the best out of him’. Useless cunt.

Pogba is shit. Lovely technique etc etc blah blah, but lazy, entitled, arrogant and basically everything I would hate to see in one of our players. Hopefully he stays at Utd for years, while manager after manager tries to ‘get the best out of him’. Useless cunt.
Even Flav and James in the One for the Weekend podcast had to concede that Souness was right.

Though apparently, that's too painful to do without insisting that his opinions were due to racism.
:dembele:

Pogba is a weird one. In a three man midfield next to a good passing midfielder and a disciplined DM he makes a good third man as a sort of box to box player.

He is in some ways similar to Sissoko in terms of style with much better goalscoring but a far worse attitude.

He does have good ability but has flaws in his game (his general passing is average and slow but he does great Hollywood passes on the upside) yet the attitude he brings seems to poison everything around him.

I wouldn't like him in our squad, he isn't shit but the negatives are too high and his ability is not enough to justify his arrogance like say Ronaldo.

I was quite amazed by Eriksens stats this season to be honest.

38 starts
8 goals
17 assists

He's been involved in 25 goals in 38 starts. Whilst his goals overall have been on the low side compared to previous seasons, you could probably attribute that to him being deeper than he's ever been due to injuries and a change in formation.

Here are comparisons from previous season:

17/18:
45 starts
14 goals
13 assists

16/17:
46 starts
12 goals
23 assists

15/16:
44 starts
8 goals
16 assists

12 of those assists this season coming in the Premier League, no one in the league has more. That means he joins a rare club of getting double digit assists in four consecutive Premier League seasons.

Stats dont lie and whilst these look good, I think realistically some might consider him a senior member of the squad now and as such expect him to step up, take more responsibilities and improve on previous years achievements.

As it stands he never wins 50/50 balls and even in possession gets shoved off the ball far too easily. Would love to see pass completion ratio because this season its felt like he's misplaced a LOT of passes.

Still love the guy but would really love him to show a bit more passion and aggression. Play with a the confidence he should have in his position. He's experienced enough now that we cant put it down to naievity or age.

Pogba, 13 goals, 9 assists, 1.6 key passes a game, 60 passes a game. From midfield in a team that's been shambolically mismanaged.

Quelle surprise....

He is in some ways similar to Sissoko

Apart from being able to control a football, all the goal scoring, goal making, chance creating, getting on the ball nearly twice as much, tackling more and whatnot, they could almost be twins

Fuck me....this place is like the fucking twighlight zone sometimes.

Apart from being able to control a football, all the goal scoring, goal making, chance creating, getting on the ball nearly twice as much, tackling more and whatnot, they could almost be twins

By cutting off the rest of the bloke's sentence you're faking the 'news'.....

Naughty, disingenuous, Blakey. :tut-tut:

Last edited:
Pogba, 13 goals, 9 assists, 1.6 key passes a game, 60 passes a game. From midfield in a team that's been shambolically mismanaged.

Quelle surprise....

I saw this earlier & thought of you Bus man. Thought it sounded right up your street. Facinsating read about Monchi:

Quelle surprise....

Sooooo 60 passes a game.
And less than two are meaningful.

You are aware that 8 of his goals were penalties aren’t you......?

Thats the problem with stats. Can spin them however you want.

Back
Top Bottom