Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspur - Who cares?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But surely it should never have come to this situation in the first place. Don't you think that by totally disregarding the transfer market we (the club) have kind of brought this stuation on ourselves?
It's all very well bemoaning 1 point in 15 and an injury list but what about looking at the overall picture that's contributed to it.
Miss out on top 4 and the buck stops with Levy.
So on that basis, top 4 and Champions League final (or even win) and Levy owns the world

But surely it should never have come to this situation in the first place. Don't you think that by totally disregarding the transfer market we (the club) have kind of brought this stuation on ourselves?
It's all very well bemoaning 1 point in 15 and an injury list but what about looking at the overall picture that's contributed to it.
Miss out on top 4 and the buck stops with Levy.
I'm one of the first to say we fucked up in not signing anyone, but the time for negativity (in my opinion) was that five-match stretch of four losses and one draw.

Since then, however, we look rejuvenated after moving into the new stadium and have just reached the CL semi finals for the first time in our history.

We need to stay positive while there are matches to be played, and then pray to ENIC that the fuckers sort the squad issues out in the transfer window.

I just read about this interview elsewhere.

Sounds like revisionist bollocks to me, considering Poch says in his book that Walker asked to go before the end of his final season with us (which became very fucking obvious based on team selections and media speculation at the time).

So one of them is telling porkies.
I'm pretty sure Walker has always pushed the narrative that it was as much about the club wanting to sell him rather than him being desperate to leave.
It's probably somewhere in between tbf. Could well have went something like; Walker told Poch about Citys interest, Poch was(probably rightly) furious at the timing of it, and in his fury got it into his head that he wanted Walker gone. The resulting lack of game time for Walker made him think the club wanted him out so he then began to really push for the move.

I'm pretty sure Walker has always pushed the narrative that it was as much about the club wanting to sell him rather than him being desperate to leave.
It's probably somewhere in between tbf. Could well have went something like; Walker told Poch about Citys interest, Poch was(probably rightly) furious at the timing of it, and in his fury got it into his head that he wanted Walker gone. The resulting lack of game time for Walker made him think the club wanted him out so he then began to really push for the move.
Hmm. That seems more reasonable, at least.

Walker really must have played his cards wrongly on that one. Did I hear it somewhere else that Walker insinuated he thought he was doing the more honest thing by going to Poch about it?

As I said at the time, it was such a fucking shame because he was COYS as fuck when he was here.

Next time Aubameyang kicks Vertonghen a bit, I'll be saying "that's what you want from a player"

Bunch od prick in City side, Walker, Bernardo Silva, Fernardinho, Laporte, Otamendi, Auero... Fuck them. Don't care who wins it anymore

I think we definitely played well enough for a draw, but unfortunately now I'm not sure we've got enough in the tank to finish top 4.

Can't be too upset though, still been a brilliant season.

Oh well we move on, our rivals for top four will win this weekend but we are still in it.

I’m glad the performance was there from us today, if we keep these levels up we will be fine.

We are in the fucking champion’s league semi finals fuck everyone else :levylol:

Let's not get like sky and make it all about the top 4. This season has been about the glory of our CL campaign. We have on the brink of elimination most games. The top 6 is so strong 2 will have to drop out in any season. What you will see is the two that drop out one will win the Europa. People have said about blaming Levi. If we get to CL final and finish 5th I wont be blaming anyone.

I just read about this interview elsewhere.

Sounds like revisionist bollocks to me, considering Poch says in his book that Walker asked to go before the end of his final season with us (which became very fucking obvious based on team selections and media speculation at the time).

So one of them is telling porkies.

No, what Poch said in his book was that Walker said he wanted leave after he lost his automatic first choice place to Trippier. Slightly different.

Let's not get like sky and make it all about the top 4. This season has been about the glory of our CL campaign. We have on the brink of elimination most games. The top 6 is so strong 2 will have to drop out in any season. What you will see is the two that drop out one will win the Europa. People have said about blaming Levi. If we get to CL final and finish 5th I wont be blaming anyone.

Spot on. If we get 5th, still a memorable, incredible season.

Hmm. That seems more reasonable, at least.

Walker really must have played his cards wrongly on that one. Did I hear it somewhere else that Walker insinuated he thought he was doing the more honest thing by going to Poch about it?

As I said at the time, it was such a fucking shame because he was COYS as fuck when he was here.
Yup, he really was.

I think it was a situation where both sides probably played it poorly tbh, and could have been avoided, which is a shame. But anyway, on wards.

When the CL draw was made I’d imagine most fans would be happy with this outcome from the three games.

A draw today would have been fair, but the performance was encouraging anyway. Certainly pulled our weight.

Back
Top Bottom