Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If I was Levy I would have already negotiated his transfer fee with Juve/Barca/Real/PSG/Bayern and be actively looking to move that money on to another club to bring in his replacement. Both transfers to be announced on the first day of the window. That's how the big clubs do it. Efficient and painless.

Instead we'll hold out all summer for the highest fee possible and when he finally does go we'll have 12 hours left to throw money at whoever will take it hoping for another VdV.

He's a great player, but boy has he been awful last few months. Disinterested, lazy and all round a shadow of the player that we have seen in the last few years. If it is a dip in form, then fine. He is known to be a pretty inconsistent players so it could well be and I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. But if it is that he already is mentally out the door and that is awful and disrespectful to the club and his teammates. He is in danger of ruining his legacy at the club by ending like this. Look at Walker, even though he asked to leave at an awful time he still looked to put 100% every game before he left and didn't seem to kick up a stink when he was benched IIRC. Besides that look at the likes of Alderweireld and Rose who have wanted to leave at points but still clearly care about the wellbeing of the club. If this is what is happening Eriksen has really gone down in my estimation.

bus conductor
“Eriksen made 4 “pressure events” and got an assist from a mis hit shot and ran 79000 km and completed a pass and trapped one long ball and is a number 8 and missed an open goal but Sissoko missed a sitter so Eriksen was brilliant”

Last edited:
Only person who knows what is going on in his head is Eriksen himself (I find myself using surnames when I'm annoyed with individuals). But, I'm sorry, he just gives off the vibe that he's not bothered. Unfortunately for us, he does make us tick from a creative perspective and we have suffered from his bad form. Now I'm sure the more tactical-minded will quote statistics that disprove the above, but all I know is that several people I watched the Liverpool game with, were not very complimentary about his game! We need to cash in fast, as if we're not careful, we are going to lose the player and the transfer fee.

The way Eriksen has been performing, signing someone like Grealish as a replacement would actually be an upgrade. Never thought I would say such a thing:pochunimpressed:

do you see why dembele was so important to us he was the transitional midfielder carrying the ball from a defensive position to an offensive positon allowing eriksen to drift and go where ever he feel like he also been out of form also, his head aint turnt trust me true professional that lad is.

do you see why dembele was so important to us he was the transitional midfielder carrying the ball from a defensive position to an offensive positon allowing eriksen to drift and go where ever he feel like he also been out of form also, his head aint turnt trust me true professional that lad is.

100% regarding Dembele. He was the one that shifted the transition from defence to attack with his strength and close control which gave Eriksen more freedom to pick up pockets of space, to move into dangerous areas in the final 3rd and to know he had protection behind him in regaining the ball.

Eriksen does more of his work further back now, the difference between a quick 10 yard ball into a teammate rather than a 20-25 yard pass is crucial. Eriksen is off colour yes but he's also not got the tools around him to get the best out of his game.

We are playing a number 10 type player in a number 8s position. Can people please understand that this will impact the effects he can have on a game regardless of where his head is or isn't potentially at at the moment?

While undoubtedly he's dipped in form(some of his touches yesterday were abysmal), one thing I will say in his defence is that as a result of our lack of midfield options this season he's been asked to play a role he's never played for us before, IE a deeper midfield role in a 3 or 2. He's completely unsuited to this role, he's too weak on and off the ball for it and doesn't have the time or space that he would usually have in his free role behind the striker he's played the majority of his time here.

I do think its all but guaranteed he's gone in the summer and I know it can't be used to completely excuse his poor form, but it should be taken into account. He's not a number 8, never was never will be, but that's the position he's been asked to play most of this season.

Edit: Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain you beat me to it!

Needs some time on the subs bench, starting Wednesday.

Was frustrating to watch yesterday, never seen him miscontrol the ball so much. It's either a massive dip in form or he's already gone, either way we should not be carrying passengers in this team.

Back
Top Bottom