Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah that’s right Sammy, apart from making more goals than anyone, making more key passes than anyone, being third most productive player for goals/assists (behind two forwards), seeing more ball than most of our other midfielders/AM’s, tackling as much as that defensive stalwart Sissoko.....what does Eriksen do for us, right?

If he's being "poor" what is everyone else being? What would you call Sissoko ?

You have a really weird thing you do, where you take stats from a period of good form, and try and use it to say he hasnt been poor.
Shame that Eriksens stats has frozen in time pretty much since the turn of the year....what is its one goal and 2 assists in the last 12 games.

Yet the 12 before that he had 5 goals and 5 assists....and the 12 before that 3 goals and 3 assists

But there is no dip in form?
Oh yeah, I forgot, he´s fatigued, so there is a dip in form after all?.....or what is your argument this time?

Last edited:
His future is obviously on his mind but it's not a significant factor in his performances. Are the other 10 players thinking about their contracts as well?

Eriksen's new deeper role in the team and the absence of Dele and Dembele are much more likely reasons for his dip in form. He needs quality around him, if nobody is making the right movements or creating spaces then there's not that much he can do.

Thank you somebody with little bloodclaat common sense all of sudden his head is turned and all this bullshit yes he hasnt been as good this season as previous ones, do you think creating the most chances out of most players for the past five years is an easy feat, and he is the ultimate professional his head is nowhere but in the game he makes his agents sort his shit out not the other way around. But i agree if at the end of the season if he wants to leave let him i can't be mad at him he is 28 soon and one year on his contract probably has one good payday left in him and he stuck with us thru AVB and Timmy and help us build what we have now I only wish him well when he leaves and still will be keeping a eye on him while he plays.

Thank you somebody with little bloodclaat common sense all of sudden his head is turned and all this bullshit yes he hasnt been as good this season as previous ones, do you think creating the most chances out of most players for the past five years is an easy feat, and he is the ultimate professional his head is nowhere but in the game he makes his agents sort his shit out not the other way around. But i agree if at the end of the season if he wants to leave let him i can't be mad at him he is 28 soon and one year on his contract probably has one good payday left in him and he stuck with us thru AVB and Timmy and help us build what we have now I only wish him well when he leaves and still will be keeping a eye on him while he plays.

It’s telling when people have to keep dragging up the last five years all the time though. Trippier was good last season.....Dier and Wanyama were solid as fuck a few years ago. So what?

Damn Sammy one bad season and you get sold dele wasnt all that last season city should sell de brunye and sane this season then look how many seasons chelsea stick with Hazard after a bad spell.

You have a really weird thing you do, where you take stats from a period of good form, and try and use it to say he hasnt been poor.
Shame that Eriksens stats has frozen in time pretty much since the turn of the year....what is its one goal and 2 assists in the last 12 games.

Yet the 12 before that he had 5 goals and 5 assists....and the 12 before that 3 goals and 3 assists

But there is no dip in form?
Oh yeah, I forgot, he´s fatigued, so there is a dip in form after all?.....or what is your argument this time?

Who is actually in form at the moment ?

So weighing up a 27yo player based on his last 3 months is more viable than the previous 6 months, or the previous 5 years? What kind of logic is that.

Eriksen was shit in March so I'm right "he's shit". The fact that he's been one of Europe's best players of his ilk for 5-6 years means nothing?

You yourself are saying there is a dip in his form? This must surely acknowledge the endemic quality of the player, otherwise it's not a dip in form, he's just "Sissoko" - ie inherently not a very good footballer?

If Kane doesn't score in August is he shit ?

Football is played in seasons, therefore as well as judging players generally over the body of their career, we also judge players contributions to overall seasons. Every season Eriksen contributes enormously, tangibly, productively to our seasons. He's invariably in the the top 2 assisters, always top key passer, when he was an AM he always saw more ball than all the others, now he's playing as a CM more, he sees as much or more than our other CM's, and more than many in this league.

The argument I put forward wasn't just irrational excuses, we are playing badly as a team, even when Eriksen was scoring and assisting, our general performances we pretty poor. It's no coincidence that this is happening when we have virtually no midfield, or an athlete with piss poor brain and technique as half the midfield all season. When no other team had more players playing more minutes in the summer, when some of our best players have had injuries, Son has played two tournaments, a WC and back to back seasons, a manager who insists on playing Moura as a CF and formats that don't seem to suit the players we have.

I can't think of a single aspect of us right now that is right.

He might not be the second coming, but he's has been our most influential footballer (and we have a bunch of other decent footballers) over the last 4 years, and one of the most productive in Europe of his kind.

Anyone that says Sissoko is great and Eriksen is shit needs to be sent to the Gibbs farm.

Who is actually in form at the moment ?

So weighing up a 27yo player based on his last 3 months is more viable than the previous 6 months, or the previous 5 years? What kind of logic is that.

Eriksen was shit in March so I'm right "he's shit". The fact that he's been one of Europe's best players of his ilk for 5-6 years means nothing?

You yourself are saying there is a dip in his form? This must surely acknowledge the endemic quality of the player, otherwise it's not a dip in form, he's just "Sissoko" - ie inherently not a very good footballer?

If Kane doesn't score in August is he shit ?

Football is played in seasons, therefore as well as judging players generally over the body of their career, we also judge players contributions to overall seasons. Every season Eriksen contributes enormously, tangibly, productively to our seasons. He's invariably in the the top 2 assisters, always top key passer, when he was an AM he always saw more ball than all the others, now he's playing as a CM more, he sees as much or more than our other CM's, and more than many in this league.

The argument I put forward wasn't just irrational excuses, we are playing badly as a team, even when Eriksen was scoring and assisting, our general performances we pretty poor. It's no coincidence that this is happening when we have virtually no midfield, or an athlete with piss poor brain and technique as half the midfield all season. When no other team had more players playing more minutes in the summer, when some of our best players have had injuries, Son has played two tournaments, a WC and back to back seasons, a manager who insists on playing Moura as a CF and formats that don't seem to suit the players we have.

I can't think of a single aspect of us right now that is right.

He might not be the second coming, but he's has been our most influential footballer (and we have a bunch of other decent footballers) over the last 4 years, and one of the most productive in Europe of his kind.

Anyone that says Sissoko is great and Eriksen is shit needs to be sent to the Gibbs farm.

Its not rocket science:
Ive said Eriksen can be world class on his day about ten times
Ive also said his day isnt often enough to carry that tag outright, and he's not consistent enough.
This is one of those periods

There's nothing really to disagree with there. You know it, I know it, we all know it.
So bang on all you want about other players, but they have zero bearing on Eriksen.

When Kane plays like shit, I compare Kane to Kane. I dont say "Andy Carroll is shit so that means Kane is playing well". Keep shifting the parameters around, I dont care.

You are making excuses for someone being in poor form, who you dont think is in poor form.

You love stats but ignore that 2 goals and 1 assist in the last 12 games, where as the previous 24 games yielded 16 goals and assists is a dip in form. Eriksen is becoming a no show, especially in the big games.

Just simple facts, and you can drag up all the heat maps and "pressure events" you want....the bloke is supposedly 200M, I couldnt give a fuck if he jockeys a lot and runs about a bit. His production has more than halved this calender year, and as our designated set piece taker, hasnt scored a free kick in the PL since 2015, and cant hit the 6yrd box from a corner.

I genuinely believe we will improve when he fucks off, and if he signs, then we'll see a return to form.
So if the Eriksen of old makes a return, you have fuck all right to be all over it, because you think hes fine right now. You cant get back to form if you never lost form.

It was the same when everyone denied Dele and Kane were playing shit, then tried to praise them for working through it and getting back to their best.....naaah mate, doesnt work like that.

Real Madrid will take Pogba every single day over Eriksen. It's about character and fit.

Zidane is French and Pogba has less than 2 years to go on his contract.

Eriksen will be a pawn because they will not buy Hazard, Pogba and Eriksen.

They need a striker and also a defender or 2.

Real Madrid will take Pogba every single day over Eriksen. It's about character and fit.

Zidane is French and Pogba has less than 2 years to go on his contract.

Eriksen will be a pawn because they will not buy Hazard, Pogba and Eriksen.

They need a striker and also a defender or 2.

Imagine how shit he'll be next year if he's forced to stay here because Barca and Real didnt want him, and apparently everyone else is beneath him

Imagine how shit he'll be next year if he's forced to stay here because Barca and Real didnt want him, and apparently everyone else is beneath him

I can't think of a game this season, maybe Everton apart, where he has inspired us.

Unlike you though I do think he is irreplaceable in our current squad but that's our fault for not buying a viable option.

But he has been too far below his Denmark level

BC slowly sinks down into the vortex, spinning rapidly into the binary world of "shit" or "not shit" or, Sammy world as it is known across the galaxy, where only one law applies - "THE WORD OF SAMMY"
If it is spake by Sammy then it is so, forever enshrined in lore and carved into stone for eternity.

:levyeyes:

I can't think of a game this season, maybe Everton apart, where he has inspired us.

Unlike you though I do think he is irreplaceable in our current squad but that's our fault for not buying a viable option.

But he has been too far below his Denmark level
Barca away he was magnificent.

BC slowly sinks down into the vortex, spinning rapidly into the binary world of "shit" or "not shit" or, Sammy world as it is known across the galaxy, where only one law applies - "THE WORD OF SAMMY"
If it is spake by Sammy then it is so, forever enshrined in lore and carved into stone for eternity.

:levyeyes:

Not really, I think if most people are honest they’ll actually agree with me.
He can be world class

He’s not world class often enough to carry that title outright

This calendar year, he’s been shite and his production has more than halved from the period up to New Years, in the same time frame.

His form is not what people expect from a player rated at 200M

If you disagree with any of the above, that’s great Mick. But I don’t hear a counter argument from anyone other than bus conductor....and he can’t make his mind up if Eriksen is playing well, or if he’s playing poorly because of Sissoko.

Last edited:
If Eriksen were on a recently signed 6 year deal, would Madrid be willing to pay £150m-200m for him? He's lucky that his contract is almost up, even players like Ramsey are attractive for cheap.

Not really, I think if most people are honest they’ll actually agree with me.
He can be world class

He’s not world class often enough to carry that title outright

This calendar year, he’s been shite and his production has more than halved from the period up to New Years, in the same time frame.

His form is not what people expect from a player rated at 200M

If you disagree with any of the above, that’s great Mick. But I don’t hear a counter argument from anyone other than bus conductor....and he can’t make his mind up if Eriksen is playing well, or if he’s playing poorly because of Sissoko.
I was pulling your leg
I don't take anything BC says seriously because he seems to have next to no understanding of what football is. He's more of an accountant than a football fan.

I'd rather watch the game and make my mind up than spend the match wanking over opts stats and heat maps.

I was pulling your leg
I don't take anything BC says seriously because he seems to have next to no understanding of what football is. He's more of an accountant than a football fan.

I'd rather watch the game and make my mind up than spend the match wanking over opts stats and heat maps.
Cheers Mick, totally agree

Its not rocket science:
Ive said Eriksen can be world class on his day about ten times
Ive also said his day isnt often enough to carry that tag outright, and he's not consistent enough.
This is one of those periods

There's nothing really to disagree with there. You know it, I know it, we all know it.
So bang on all you want about other players, but they have zero bearing on Eriksen.

When Kane plays like shit, I compare Kane to Kane. I dont say "Andy Carroll is shit so that means Kane is playing well". Keep shifting the parameters around, I dont care.

You are making excuses for someone being in poor form, who you dont think is in poor form.

You love stats but ignore that 2 goals and 1 assist in the last 12 games, where as the previous 24 games yielded 16 goals and assists is a dip in form. Eriksen is becoming a no show, especially in the big games.

Just simple facts, and you can drag up all the heat maps and "pressure events" you want....the bloke is supposedly 200M, I couldnt give a fuck if he jockeys a lot and runs about a bit. His production has more than halved this calender year, and as our designated set piece taker, hasnt scored a free kick in the PL since 2015, and cant hit the 6yrd box from a corner.

I genuinely believe we will improve when he fucks off, and if he signs, then we'll see a return to form.
So if the Eriksen of old makes a return, you have fuck all right to be all over it, because you think hes fine right now. You cant get back to form if you never lost form.

It was the same when everyone denied Dele and Kane were playing shit, then tried to praise them for working through it and getting back to their best.....naaah mate, doesnt work like that.

This calendar year is 3 months old.

Name me a world class player who puts in world class performances every week of every year? I'll give you Messi. You list me the rest?

Name me 5 players - in Europe's big leagues - who make 50 passes a game, and average 20 goals/assists a season over the last 3/4 years?

Back
Top Bottom