Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly think it's time to replace Poch, not a winner. A great developer of players but not a winner and a really lousy match coach. Almost never seen him change a game with a few perfect changes. Let him fly off to Madrid and bring in a winner.

Keep the tenner you bet with me on us winning the league. You're a nice guy & all you were guilty of was being unrealistic & over optimistic. Not a bad trait in a fan. That's why I said I'd take 3rd. Way more likely we slipped down the table than went higher or even won the title. I too got over optimistic by saying we have done well to get top 4 with all the injuries & no signings. I would definitely take 4th now! Going to be super tough with our form & the hard fixtures.

A bets a bet mate, I'll pay up as and when.

Let's be honest in our last 11 Premier League games we've lost against Wolves, Man U at home, Burnley, Chelsea & Southampton. I don't care what anyone says about what's happened recently with the ability in the squad we should be winning at least 4 of those games. We've got 0 points from all of that when the minimum we should be expecting I'd say is 9 points and that's being prudent. We don't seem able to play in a gear higher than we need to get over the line. Is that because of a lack of preseason? Having 9 players playing up until the last weekend of the World Cup? A lack of quality or depth? I ain't sure but I do think Eriksen has been really off colour recently and I think that area of the pitch has really hit our goals scored tally. First half we looked so calm and in control and it made us comfortable and complacent in the 2nd half. We didn't show Southampton respect and we played with too much ease instead of get our shorts dirty. Too many didn't leave it all out there. That's nothing to do with our talent, we've allowed the wheels to come off feeling sorry for ourselves similar to the Leicester season. Heads and emotion has dropped since it was clear we couldn't win the league it's a mental thing attached to licking our wounds.

A bets a bet son, I'll be paying you up in the coming months don't you worry pal (I appreciate the gesture though)

I honestly think it's time to replace Poch, not a winner. A great developer of players but not a winner and a really lousy match coach. Almost never seen him change a game with a few perfect changes. Let him fly off to Madrid and bring in a winner.
Which winner do you think we could get who would be succesful with the smallest net spend transfer budget in the Premier League?
Guardiola? Klopp? Moyes?

Not having a go when I say this but who do you think we could bring in that would do a better job currently?

Also, can we afford them and would they come here with our transfer policy?

Not that I want him gone, he's the best manager I've seen in my lifetime.

But when do you know when a manager HAS taken you too far?

Jol for example, it was obvious he couldn't get us Champions League football, he had a ceiling. Redknapp was the right man to get us INTO the top four but probably wouldn't have pushed us onto a title challenge and now Poch has continued that evolution by getting us in the top four consistently etc.

We can blame the players, Poch, negative mentalities and label us Spursy etc, but the elephant in the room is Levy and ENIC, their lack of investment was always going to cost us. Best squad and manager in our PL era and Levy fucked it up, the degenerate.

Jol for example, it was obvious he couldn't get us Champions League football, he had a ceiling. Redknapp was the right man to get us INTO the top four but probably wouldn't have pushed us onto a title challenge and now Poch has continued that evolution by getting us in the top four consistently etc.

If Poch has taken us as far as we can go it's because of the club, not because of Poch in my opinion.

The team is currently a little too robotic, a little too focused on the technical aspects and not the heart and guts of it all.

The last few games we've become typical Tottenham again. Nice, pretty football but not robust and gritty enough. The players really need more of a rollicking more than the manager as we know they have it in them, they have far more in them than they are showing and there's only so much a manager can do.

The buck stops at the players at the moment. They've lost at least 5 matches this season to a team more inferior than us, they need to take responsibility more frequently than they are. Time for a few of them to grow up and take these moments more seriously now, I don't blame the manager for the collapses I've seen at all. They aren't children, they're men, they need to take more ownership on the field

I’m at peace now the football gods have spoken to me. We’re saving the results and performance for Anfield. How good is Bushmills, definitely glass half full

Good grief, you probably even believe that.

David Wagner, at least he has won something as a manager, pretty likeable person as well.

BronzeDemandingFruitfly-small.gif

If Poch has taken us as far as we can go it's because of the club, not because of Poch in my opinion.

The team is currently a little too robotic, a little too focused on the technical aspects and not the heart and guts of it all.

The last few games we've become typical Tottenham again. Nice, pretty football but not robust and gritty enough. The players really need more of a rollicking more than the manager as we know they have it in them, they have far more in them than they are showing and there's only so much a manager can do.

The buck stops at the players at the moment. They've lost at least 5 matches this season to a team more inferior than us, they need to take responsibility more frequently than they are. Time for a few of them to grow up and take these moments more seriously now, I don't blame the manager for the collapses I've seen at all. They aren't children, they're men, they need to take more ownership on the field

Knowing that no matter how badly you play , you will still play the next game doesn't make any player grow.
Lack of proper competition in some areas has made some players untouchable, we're witnessing that now worse than ever before.

Poch has brought a lot of this upon himself.

He has stated time and again that he only wants to bring into the club players that can improve the team. If he feels that he cannot improve the quality after that performance today (during the Summer) than i truly think we are in deep shit.

The CL results are misleading when you look at the teams we have beaten, not that we didn't deserve to be in the quarter finals, but we are heading for more than likely another three losses this season in the PL and any team that loses a third of it's games deserves in all fairness to win bugger all, let alone qualify for the CL next season.

You can see his frustration in the post match interview, and he is now suggesting that perhaps this is as good as it is going to get. For the first time ever, i am wondering whether he is saying this out of frustration or with the realization that he cannot see any light at the end of the tunnel all be it in a new gin palace.

Feel free to flame away.

Back
Top Bottom