Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully Pochettino realises that if you rest our best centre back, defensively you will suffer.

THREE weeks until our next game probably means you should be playing your strongest team possible. Hopefully we suffer no injury setbacks through the international break and we can raise our game for the Liverpool game.

Incredibly, we could be 6th by the time we play it.

Did you think we were awful in the first half? Chelsea still have go to liverpool. United have to play city. Then there is United Woolwich tomorrow and then United Chelsea too.

I can't work out what I want from tomorrow. A draw, maybe? But then if Manure win, it keeps the scum out for a bit longer. I hate that I have to think about all the other teams now, instead of sitting back and enjoying watching either of them squirm tomorrow.

Sorry, but the biggest problem today was inept finishing and a casual mentality. The forwards didn't do their jobs. We make it 2-0 and the game is done. Totally self-inflicted.
Agreed that was part of the problem as well. But Spurs were up 1-0 and could’ve done a much better job defensively to secure 3 points. Walker Peters simpy isn’t good enough and Rose had a shocker.

Massive psychological issues in our team. Fucken fear of success, the cunts. I’m serious. Cut the head off the snake. Sack Poch at the start of the summer and give another promising manager a chance. Poch has squandered his opportunities here. It’s over. I speak for all true Tottenham supporters when I say he must fuck off.

It feels like Poch suffers from this same mentality, especially considering his approach to the cups.

It’s either that or the players don’t give a shit enough to listen to him, neither situation is good enough.

I don’t think Poch will be in a job if we miss out on CL, truth is, it will be down to Levy if we do miss out more than anybody, this is what happens with lack of investment, complacency from both players and management.
In the long term Levy and Poch are the ones to blame. Levy mainly for the business end of things. But ultimately in the short term it is on Poch to instill a winning mentality in the players that makes them deliver no matter the opponent. And on the players for not realizing this themselves.

As someone else wrote. It seems like the entire club has grown complacent.

This summer will be very interesting. As I see it Levy will have to take action in the player market. We know it, Poch knows it, Levy knows it.

In the league before Kane came back

Played 5 won 5

Since Kane came back

Played 4 lost 3...... Drawn 1...... Won 0

What the actual..... Is up with that... It makes no sense

Both agree and disagree. He's the only one that's scored at all. But what he needed was to be taken off in second half of all the games. Nando should have come on with son earlier and we just play the long ball game. Why we didn't revert to the same kind of performance as Dortmund is odd. Pack the midfield and defence and just see it just play on the counter cautiously. Just kept trying to go all out for another goal. Just needed points on the board and fuck the performance. We could all see it coming. So why didn't poch!!

But only one has consistently contributed to us being a top 3 club

No one person is being honest if they say that either of the other two are better defenders. Par at best between Aurier and Trippier, and KWP isnt even at this table.

ONE offers something up top, so how the living fuck isnt Trippier the better option

Trippier has offered sweet fuck all up top this season. That's the point.

He's done fuck all in the final third and he's even worse defensively. If anything, Trippier has PROVEN this season he isn't good enough for a team wanting to compete in the top four, regardless of whatever he's shown in the past.

Upgrade in the summer needed.

Many of our players Jan, Toby and Lloris are getting on.

And our star players, Kane, Alli and Eriksen have been here a good long time.

Do these players want to win something or compete for the top 4 trophy every year?

When we sing "you're going down" and "you're fucking shit" and we are only 0-1 up we too deserved to get fucked in the arse!

Been saying how classless this is for ages now, save that bollocks for Woolwich and Chelsea and the scummy clubs, we seem to have turned into a bunch of arrogant tossers that think we are better than we are, probably why most teams in the league seem to hate us.

Agreed that was part of the problem as well. But Spurs were up 1-0 and could’ve done a much better job defensively to secure 3 points. Walker Peters simpy isn’t good enough and Rose had a shocker.
walker Peters should not have played a minute longer than his abortion against Barca. Cunt is division 1 fodder. Not even championship

You however are a steadfast, dyed in the wool Spurs supporter who sticks by the team through thick and thin.

Oh no, you're not. are you?
lord above - people are actually disagreeing with me over this

where in his post (or posting history) is evidence of someone who is a committed and dedicated Spurs fan?

he's a serial moaner, complainer and critic of pretty much every aspect of anything the club does, that isn't a convincing win.

how people are using shanchez as a scape goat is beyond me - its the constant changing of full backs thats fucking us up - means they never get a constant run of games like everyone else in the team - has nobody else ever questioned how crazy it is that neither LB or RB has barely ever played 2 games in a row in the last 3 years at spurs - both KWP and Danny Rose where at fault today - if i was a full back i would never want to come to spurs - guaranteed never to play more than 50% of games
I think sanchez is 1 of those CB's that looks really solid & assured in a settled defence. But when he is in a defence that is regularly changed, he struggles to handle it & looks a bit dodgy & unsure of what he is meant to be doing. Still youngish & learning & has shown enough to stick with for a few more seasons at least.

To be fair, before Kane come back into the team, we had played 14 games against teams in the bottom half of the table and won all 14...

Since then, we've played 2 in the bottom half (Burnley and Southampton) and lost both...

It's unbelievable to even think that Kane coming back would have led to this run of results. I mean, he's one of the best strikers in the world. I can only think our mentality without him meant that individuals worked harder to cover for him. Collectively, we looked a better team without him during that spell. I'm not suggesting we drop him or anything, just can't work out why we've been so poor with him in the side again.

I thought the days of losing to lesser teams were behind us .then I woke up and realized i,m a yid.

Putting the Leicester season capitulation into perspective

I remember people ripping Arry to bits for finishing 4th when Chelsea won the CL......complaining we didnt come 3rd, all the while calling him a Champo manager.
Yet here we are, with the manager that could walk into Barca, Real or Utd tomorrow, and we are heading towards our second end of season nose dive in three seasons.
Both got to the CL quarters, both lost a cup final......time to raise your game Pochy

Just realised Chelsea now have 2 games in hand to go 1 point clear of us. Could do with a huge favour from Wolves tomorrow.

Can't believe it's got to a stage where we're needing favours from other teams though with 8 games remaining.

Incredibly, by the time we finish Gameweek 31, we could be in 6th place...
Change the manager in the summer

Back
Top Bottom