Southampton (A) 9th March - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder how people who dislike the diamond thought of that first half.

It looked absolutely excellent in that first half with such a fluid attack. I think what's more disappointing over the last few weeks is that we've been playing a diamond with the wrong personnel and should have changed it up without Dele.

It looked absolutely excellent in that first half with such a fluid attack. I think what's more disappointing over the last few weeks is that we've been playing a diamond with the wrong personnel and should have changed it up without Dele.

We should only play it with Dele. Otherwise, Kane drops too deep and we lose our balance.

lovely half from the boys. Frustrating scoreline as it does mean the Saints are still in this game, if David Hasselhoff goes to a back four then we will find it harder I think.
Why Hasselhoff didn't make that, or another, change by 20 minutes IDK. Westergaard is out there on an island against Moura and struggling. And that back 3 was rancid. Even then we didn't really take advantage of it. Hope for an early goal...for us of course.

I think it’s more like a 4-3-3 than a diamond.

Absolutely agree, the reason to play the diamond formation is because of Dele.

This is why I have absolute faith in Lucas to blossom in his 2nd year. Steep learning curve. But it think he's a player that thrives in a side that's ticking.

He will compliment a team when Dele or Eriksen is pulling the strings.

Dele is now our Christian. He makes us tick. Which makes me more comfortable, although still gutted, about losing Chris.

Think it needs Dier at the base to be effective though. Having Winks means Eriksen has to do more defensively.

Why Hasselhoff didn't make that, or another, change by 20 minutes IDK. Westergaard is out there on an island against Moura and struggling. And that back 3 was rancid. Even then we didn't really take advantage of it. Hope for an early goal...for us of course.
Yep, we are almost 3v3 on their defence. I think he can frustrate us if he goes 4ATB and try to counter with say Redmond and Austin, ah just seen Long is coming on, my guess they will target him to lay off to Redmond (if they go 4ATB)

Back
Top Bottom