Borussia Dortmund vs Tottenham Hotspur - Westfalenstadion - 5th March 2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Imagine!

Dortmund go 3-0 up, at this rate it's going to extra time and Dortmund score in the 85th minute to make it 4-0. Heartbreak. We get a free kick late on, Eriksen whacks one towards goal, it whacks Sissoko in the face and goes in. 4-1.

Spurs go through.

Blakey would be pissed though

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez Toby Rose
Sissoko Vertonghen Eriksen
Lamela Kane Son

This is how i will line up considering we have no CM. Winks to come on at 60. And Llorente to come on if they decided that giant center back has done all and subs him out.

Have just come out for a break from the pub where we've all assembled. Would post a video if I knew how. Awesome atmosphere. If it were on singing alone, we've already won. COYS.

Where are all the spurs fans meeting pre match tomo?

Was just in the main square. I don't remember the name of the pub the Spurs fans were in but it was opposite a bar called Wenkers (no, really) so if you search for that you'll find us. Planning to be there from early afternoon onwards

I know they are Son's favourite team to face but im tempted to give him bit of rest. He hasn't been at his best past few matches and i'm sure hes going to get flogged over the international break.

Keen to see Kane add to his CL tally, no chance he doesn't start tomorrow.

exp5.jpg

Lloris
KWP Alderweireld Foyth Vertonghen
Sissoko Lamela Eriksen
Moura Son
Kane

That team will have enough to get us over the line.

We will have to channel our inner Italian defensive mindset and slow the game down at every opportunity... Everyone needs to be on board with this....

If Kane can do his usual draw the foul tactic then we'll have an outlet for relief if we're under the cosh.....

The more they push forward the more Eriksen, Moura and Son will be able to exploit the back line and we will get the away goal.

Job done

Lloris
Sissoko Lamela Eriksen
Moura Son
Kane

We will have to channel our inner Italian defensive mindset and slow the game down at every opportunity... Everyone needs to be on board with this....

If Kane can do his usual draw the foul tactic then we'll have an outlet for relief if we're under the cosh.....

The more they push forward the more Eriksen, Moura and Son will be able to exploit the back line and we will get the away goal.

Job done

Is Winks still out? I wouldn't start Lamela/Lucas/Son together - far too lightweight. Winks/Sissoko midfield for me - we need scrappers tonight. I think he may start Llorente.

Lloris
Sissoko Lamela Eriksen
Moura Son
Kane

Job done

That is a suicidal team to play in a game like this. Our unbalanced and misshapen midfield couldn't even defend against Burnley, we would would not be able to stop Reus, Sancho and Gotze with a team like that.

Whatever team we play needs to have the proper balance between attack and defence, with players in positions that suit them. It is killing Eriksen having to play in this diamond running up and down the pitch trying to defend every transition and then run our attack at the same time. I expect Wanyama to start again just to give the team a proper structure.

Is Winks still out? I wouldn't start Lamela/Lucas/Son together - far too lightweight. Winks/Sissoko midfield for me - we need scrappers tonight. I think he may start Llorente.
I think Lamela should be able to do what winks does with relative ease but with more quality in the passing. Only thing is if he can be defensively organized.

Lloris
Sissoko Lamela Eriksen
Moura Son
Kane

Job done

That WILL NOT be the team that starts tonight.

For the sake of embarrassment and if the manager and the players want to avoid ridicule, lets not contrive to lose this.

At 3 up it would be a game lost and nothing else.

1 goal will absolutely secure it you would think but more than that, we should be able to defend a 3 nil lead.

No fcuking excuses. Discipline and pride.

Back
Top Bottom