Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No agree they are not pushovers and would always Be up for this game but the focus has been on them for the last few weeks and if we had started really quickly and been about them then it would have asked serious questions of them... I mean fair enough they played well on Sunday but the focus was on their team spirit given the Kepa situation yet we couldn’t ask those questions of them early on or really throughout the game...

We didn’t have a shot on target... says it all unfortunately!

Yeah we didn't show enough guts or feistiness in the areas that mattered most which is disappointing but we've got 10 games left, have a 4 point cushion and we are still to play Woolwich, whilst Woolwich have to play Man U & Man U have to play Chelsea so even with our two tough fixtures up at Anfield & The Etihad we are still well on course with others inevitably dropping points as well. Got to focus on 8 wins in our last 10 games now. Got to keep fighting what's done is done

This Chelsea in turmoil just went toe to toe with one of the best teams in the World the other day and only lost to them on penalties. They've had a bad spell and whilst I think we could have equipped ourselves better they certainly ain't no pushovers geez

There's nothing wrong in general with losing to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. This is a team who's had one of the best home records over the last 10 years, a team we've beaten once in 30 years.

More the manner of the defeat. Gutless, spineless, cowardly. No fight. Compare that to the Battle of the Bridge and we were miles away.

That performance today was reminiscent of the shit we served up when we used to go to the Bridge and roll over every season.

There's nothing wrong in general with losing to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. This is a team who's had one of the best home records over the last 10 years, a team we've beaten once in 30 years.

More the manner of the defeat. Gutless, spineless, cowardly. No fight. Compare that to the Battle of the Bridge and we were miles away.

That performance today was reminiscent of the shit we served up when we used to go to the Bridge and roll over every season.

We were too cumbersome and static for large parts, mostly our off the ball movement but even if that was lacking we definitely should have stuck it up them a little more agreed

What's even worse?

Chelsea were fucking garbage tonight. Offered absolutely nothing.

They hit us with similar patterns of play that they used against City. The one thing we didn't want to do was concede first as it locked in their counter attack good and proper.

We need more patience and intelligence working as a group up top and we needed more heart in the middle. Dier and Dele would have added something I have absolutely no doubt

Needed players like dele and (I hate to say it) Dier... dele is generally a big game player and Dier appreciates when a game needs players to compete even if he is shite sometimes! , for me, tripps, Davies, eriksen just Didn’t step up, lamela and son were pretty quiet, Kane tried but can’t do it on his own and Sissoko and winks were ok but needed more in front of them

They hit us with similar patterns of play that they used against City. The one thing we didn't want to do was concede first as it locked in their counter attack good and proper.

We need more patience and intelligence working as a group up top and we needed more heart in the middle. Dier and Dele would have added something I have absolutely no doubt

Well we had nothing in midfield. Winks was a one man midfield, so Dier and/or Dele would have been perfect.

Burnley exploited that. Chelsea did too. Woolwich will do the exact same.

Sure I get that we couldn’t reasonably expect to win the league this season given lack of investment and not playing at home but I’m genuinely concerned that if we take our current form into the final games of the season we will
lose at least 3 or 4 games which could result in us missing out on top 4 which I personally think is critical this season in particular!!

Put us in the new gaff and spend a couple of hundred million and I still don't think it's exactly reasonable to "expect" to win the league... It ignores the general notion of competition and the week-to-week unpredictability of the league itself; not to mention the greater resources of the other key contenders.

Don’t think that’s an unreasonable concern and apologies for perhaps wading into another discussion you were having!

Don't sweat that part mate... And no I don't think it's unreasonable to be concerned about bouncing back next week... Anything but.

I’m not a knee jerk oh we are doomed kind of fan but our last few performances have not been great (Dortmund 2nd half aside...

I mean this was Chelsea and Chelsea in turmoil yet we couldn’t capitalise on this...

The only silver lining is there is no way the players will not be up for Saturday and in some ways tonight is probably the worst result for Woolwich since we will be looking to prove a point on sat!!

I do agree that up until the last 2 games we have done very well this season all things considered!!

Which is what I choose to focus upon...

The 90's/00's didn't teach me to accept mediocrity like some would like to suggest; simply to not take anything for granted. Similarly, spending the last 20-30 years watching teams mostly BUY the title reaffirmed to me that there's got to be more to the game than being champ... Otherwise why do fans of the 90+ teams in the league not in with a shout for the EPL even bother.

Last edited:
Today was an absolute embarrassment.
Davies and Trippier were terrible.
Sissoko looked so inept again.
The subs didn't make sense.
Eriksen under-performed massively.

I never really thought we were in it for a serious title challenge, but, damn, we really need to get it together and grab some points from this next game to avoid a complete mid-season collapse! This next game is huge!

Back
Top Bottom