Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Bentalebs head is in the right place i'd 100% have him back. He knows the club, knows the area, knows the players and has seemingly matured. He fits a hole that we have in the squad and I don't think his talent has ever been in doubt. Saying that is it better to wait for Skipp to mature over the next 2 seasons?
Bendy,
he's nothing special , if we want to improve then we need far better players.

As I understand it, he had an entourage that stroked his ego and encouraged him to make arrogant demands. Pochettino liked him as a player, but had a big problem with his attitude and general arrogance.

Personally I don’t rate him. Distinctly average.
Judging by his recent interview he seems to have grown up a fair bit, and even speaks with Poch on a semi regular basis.

He was a kid back then so he's obviously going to have grown up as a person.

You're probably right but I'd hate to halt Skipps progress.
With the amount of games we play each season there's no danger of that bro.

We've been lucky that Winks has managed to go from very injured frequently to playing almost every game (most mins this season along with Toby) because if he had a repeat of the last 2 seasons we'd be fucked

BBC.

Real Madrid could let Wales forward Gareth Bale leave in the summer - and may use the 29-year-old as part of a deal for Chelsea and Belgium forward Eden Hazard, 28, or Tottenham and Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen, 27. (Marca)

Bale has missed 1 less game than Lamela over the same period of time. (from when Bale joined Madrid and Lamela signed for Spurs)

Whilst he has better output in terms of goals and assists, that sort of injury record is ridiculous and you'd be adding him to a team in which the players tend to get muscular injuries probably due to intense training and game style.

I loved Bale and the dream of him coming back home to take us to glory should just be that. A nice dream.

Bale has missed 1 less game than Lamela over the same period of time. (from when Bale joined Madrid and Lamela signed for Spurs)

Whilst he has better output in terms of goals and assists, that sort of injury record is ridiculous and you'd be adding him to a team in which the players tend to get muscular injuries probably due to intense training and game style.

I loved Bale and the dream of him coming back home to take us to glory should just be that. A nice dream.

When you think of it in that context imagine the damage Poch would do to him!

I’ve yoyo’d over the idea of Bale re-signing for us but make you right. He was always injury prone, rumour has it that AVB let him do as he pleased vis a vis training etc and the stinking manner in which the chimp eared cunt engineered his move out will always leave a nasty smell whenever his name is mentioned.
Absolutely magnificent player on his day...one of the very best in world football. But I wouldn’t want him instead of Eriksen. Eriksen is not only fantastically gifted, he is reliable, rarely injured & “one of the lads” rather than a preening, jug eared diva. Eriksen signing a new contract would make my year.
Bale can go fuck himself if there was a choice between the two.

I’ve yoyo’d over the idea of Bale re-signing for us but make you right. He was always injury prone, rumour has it that AVB let him do as he pleased vis a vis training etc and the stinking manner in which the chimp eared cunt engineered his move out will always leave a nasty smell whenever his name is mentioned.
Absolutely magnificent player on his day...one of the very best in world football. But I wouldn’t want him instead of Eriksen. Eriksen is not only fantastically gifted, he is reliable, rarely injured & “one of the lads” rather than a preening, jug eared diva. Eriksen signing a new contract would make my year.
Bale can go fuck himself if there was a choice between the two.
What a thing to say. He had his ears pinned back about four years ago.

Bang on. The romantic side of me would want to see him back here, but it just isn't our place to spend that kind of money on someone who is:

a) mostly crocked
b) hitting the wrong age for a player with pace as a key asset

Getting Bale would be wasting money that could be well spent on two other players (wage-wise). He has all the hallmarks of a foolish United signing, and as much as it would sting to see him back in the PL wearing their shirt, it's their mistake to make.

Apparently Rabiot has sacked his mum as his agent.

Christmas dinner will be very awkward in the Rabiot household this December
Maybe it's because we are two months past when he was able to sign a pre-contract with a new club and nothing has materialized yet?

You'd think the offers would be coming considering he is on a free.

Bale is the antithesis of what we need.

Kane is enough greedy we need for one side.
I miss the old even greedier Kane. Get the ball and have a shot. Since he's developed his game to come short and play, his goal numbers have declined somewhat. Though of course you see the rest of the team benefit.

Clearly not a popular POV on here but id have Bale back *IF* the manager wanted him back. He's a game changer on his own and the sheer terror he brings to oppo defences because they know what hes capable of (particularly because of his PL appearances) should not be underestimated. His wages however makes the whole thing a moot point, no way will this club ever offer that. So it will be Man Utd, presumably if they can get shot of that fella who has dogs who plays in the same position and is also on stupid money.

I would rather have Modric back for 2 years who would be the perfect mentor on the pitch for Winks and Skipp, but that's not gonna happen, just like Bale most likely won't come back.

I miss the old even greedier Kane. Get the ball and have a shot. Since he's developed his game to come short and play, his goal numbers have declined somewhat. Though of course you see the rest of the team benefit.

If he's creating for others - fuck his goal tally, in my view.

His assist numbers have increased this season on previous seasons and there's still 3 months to go and plenty of games in two competitions.

Back
Top Bottom