Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

gd4fetuzqeg21.jpg

Atmosphere should be generated by either hatred/banter towards the away fans or in conjunction with the pattern of play on the pitch.

Coordinated chants with no bearing on who you are playing or the fluctuations of the match are extremely boring.
British clubs that use drums & club provided flags & banners are (rightly) looked down upon. When it is a foreign club eveyone gushes over it.

The double standards piss me off as well. Foreign clubs climb the railings, light flares etc etc & the media love it. UK fans do it.....life time ban.

I like the way they pack the stand out an hour before kick off - proper old school reminds me of the 70;s when come 2 pm on a Saturday the terraces would be heaving which helped create the atmosphere its a bit different these days!

Half of them packed the stand so early, because the clowns allowed themselves to be shepherded to the stadium from Wembley Central in a massive group by the police around 6pm.

Amateurs.

Atmosphere should be generated by either hatred/banter towards the away fans or in conjunction with the pattern of play on the pitch.

Coordinated chants with no bearing on who you are playing or the fluctuations of the match are extremely boring.
British clubs that use drums & club provided flags & banners are (rightly) looked down upon. When it is a foreign club eveyone gushes over it.

The double standards piss me off as well. Foreign clubs climb the railings, light flares etc etc & the media love it. UK fans do it.....life time ban.
100%. They don't seem to watch the game. They don't seem to care about the game. They just sing monotonous shite for 90 minutes. I don't see the attraction? Some European supports are really decent, I thought APOEL were great last year for instance and we've had plenty of good ones in the EL, but not this mob, IMO they're worse than any English support.

Oh the whistle goes, the cockerel crows and now we're in the game, It's up to you, you lillywhites to play the Tottenham way. There's many teams from many towns and some are great and small, But the famous Tottenham Hotspur is the most famous of them all. lalalalalalalalalala, lalalalalalalalalaaaaa

I haven’t been on here for a while. My son has been in and out of hospital for scans and tests. But for 90 minutes last night, every worry was gone whilst this amazing team blew me away with an incredible performance.
:dierpochhug::dierpochhug::dierpochhug:

I remember going to see Sporting at the old Estádio José Alvalade in Lisbon in the early 90s. We went in the end with their ultras and it was the same sort of thing. Their choreographer spent the entire game with his back to the action, leading their songs through a megaphone. Occasionally he would put it away, sit down and get out an old-school Olivetti portable typewriter - I kid you not - and bash off the newsletter.

Now and then, on his command, they would all turn, take three or four steps to the left, turn and take three or four steps back to the right. Then they'd all laugh and pat each other on the back at how funny and spontaneous they were being. Load of wank.

At least the Turks and the Greeks seem to give a shit about creating a genuinely charged atmosphere. Might all get a bit nawty but at least it's real.

Only been in about 15 minutes, still buzzing. What a night, makes all the crap games worthwhile.
I love Jan, Jan, Super Jan. What a game he had. I could watch his celebration over and over, classy and understated, just like himself!
But the whole team and Poch deserves credit for turning the tide in the second half. Such a great performance and the crowd also played their part too.
My eyelids now feel very heavy, so going to call it a night and will try to read through the posts tomorrow.
Oh, by the way, we saw Chris Cowlin at the end of the game, had a nice little chat with him.
Sounds like Mrs Perryman might soon become Mrs Vertonghen.:vert:

I haven’t been on here for a while. My son has been in and out of hospital for scans and tests. But for 90 minutes last night, every worry was gone whilst this amazing team blew me away with an incredible performance.

Wishing the little man much strength, bless him.

Here's to your little one buddy :dierpochhug:

Whilst it's boring I still prefer it to silence, also when the team aren't playing well it's far better than the audible moans and groans at a player's poor touch/pass etc. But 100% agree that the spontinaity is far more enjoyable.

Think most English fans do need to rise to the challenge and drown out the drums though. I loved the atmosphere last night right up there as one of the best, the only thing that I wish we could change was other songs get sung with the same noise (from the whole stadium) other than "COYS" and "Oh when the Spurs". I guess this might be a Wembley thing though as the JCL's and tourists know those two and none of the others.

Whilst it's boring I still prefer it to silence, also when the team aren't playing well it's far better than the audible moans and groans at a player's poor touch/pass etc. But 100% agree that the spontinaity is far more enjoyable.

Think most English fans do need to rise to the challenge and drown out the drums though. I loved the atmosphere last night right up there as one of the best, the only thing that I wish we could change was other songs get sung with the same noise (from the whole stadium) other than "COYS" and "Oh when the Spurs". I guess this might be a Wembley thing though as the JCL's and tourists know those two and none of the others.

Unfortunately I think those two songs are the only ones that everyone joins in with. So for TV viewers it makes our repertoire sound very limited when in reality it is actually pretty decent.

The chants need to be easy and understandable to get the whole stadium going. I've seen it sometimes in Germany where the Ultras have some kind of "in song" which nobody who isn't closely involved knows the lyrics too. They then start singing that and the rest of the block which has been joining in previously goes silent. The impression I get is that those guys see it as a badge of honour, that they are the only ones who know the song. They make it all about themselves rather than the club they are supporting. Similar to what you saw yesterday, where the noise has no relation to what is actually happening on the pitch. They aren't as interested in that, as they are in showing how great they are as a fan base.

Back
Top Bottom