Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would absolutely love for big dick Vinny to get a look in if he properly gets his head down in first team training.

The Poch exodus is awfully hard to come back from though. With Kane looking to return from injury faster than almost anyone would have thought, he's going to really have to try to impress the gaffer. I'd be thrilled if Janssen could even be used to see out the last few minutes of games where we're safely ahead.

Would absolutely love for big dick Vinny to get a look in if he properly gets his head down in first team training.

The Poch exodus is awfully hard to come back from though. With Kane looking to return from injury faster than almost anyone would have thought, he's going to really have to try to impress the gaffer. I'd be thrilled if Janssen could even be used to see out the last few minutes of games where we're safely ahead.

Got to be known as big dick Vinny from now on. Class name :dembelelol:

He's basically got a month to make some sort of impression.

I imagine this is nothing more than giving someone a squad number to make up the numbers. He probably won't make a single squad appearance until he's gone.

I imagine this is nothing more than giving someone a squad number to make up the numbers. He probably won't make a single squad appearance until he's gone.
Was he really not given a number before because “there weren’t enough to go around”? Had we truly hit our squad limit?? I always thought that was a bit of a dick move by the club. Give the guy a number for Christ sake! Seemed very harsh to ostracise him to that degree.

Was he really not given a number before because “there weren’t enough to go around”? Had we truly hit our squad limit?? I always thought that was a bit of a dick move by the club. Give the guy a number for Christ sake! Seemed very harsh to ostracise him to that degree.

I imagine it was a mix of him being injured for 6 months and having too many squad members. I assume we thought he'd be gone in January and he isn't.

No point giving a squad number to someone who had no future at the club.

Agreed. I'd be absolutely amazed if he made a single appearance. I'd say this move is partly Pochettino feeling sorry for the guy after the humiliation of being so openly whored around and still failing to sign for a single club, and partly to stop the media constantly asking about him in press conferences.

Quite. Would be beyond churlish to let that squad number go completely to waste (I can't recall, but were we at the maximum before Dembele & N'Koudou left?). Say Son and Llorente were both out before Kane gets back... Poch would look awfully silly to not even have Janssen eligible to be on the bench. Negligent, even.

But by God, I want to believe in the anime redemption arc.
:avbpray:

I imagine it was a mix of him being injured for 6 months and having too many squad members. I assume we thought he'd be gone in January and he isn't.

No point giving a squad number to someone who had no future at the club.

No deeper impact either way so to not give him a squad number is only likely to be a 'message' of one nature or another.

Big Dick Vinny? We got a crotch watcher :)

Personally I’d like to see him come good. His showreel up to the point of his arrival was really impressive and I thought we had a great striker on our hands. Shame he had been declared a “flop” and unable to silence the critics. It would be great if he takes this opportunity, especially as we need some firepower options. Could be good timing?

Janssen was decent at his old club, Az. 27 goals in 34 games. So not different.

Would actually argue at the time of their respective arrivals Sissoko was a lot more dubious a signing than Janssen. A large portion on here were not convinced and the Geordies were celebrating they’d got rid. Vinny was the Dutch star striker at the time.

wonder what he did or said to poch against him, for as bad as sissoko was poch seem to stand
its got to be as much Poch's fault as big dick vinny, because its not just big dick vinny, there is Njie, GKN, as well

Back
Top Bottom