Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great Janssen is going to make the most of his second chance, he will really contribute to the team and we already have a chant sorted...

He's not a chair
He's not a chair
Vincent Janssen
He's not a chair.
That is quality...... I'm going to try and start that today.......

I think it will be a solo though...... But imagine 50000 singing that

:freundgoal:

Would actually argue at the time of their respective arrivals Sissoko was a lot more dubious a signing than Janssen. A large portion on here were not convinced and the Geordies were celebrating they’d got rid. Vinny was the Dutch star striker at the time.

Some on here still not convinced despite some outstanding performances

That is quality...... I'm going to try and start that today.......

I think it will be a solo though...... But imagine 50000 singing that

:freundgoal:

That would be Rocking! (chair)

giphy.gif

Have to say I genuinely didn’t expect Poch to bring him in from the cold after what he he said so recently about him not being in the plans.
He must have proper shit the bed with Poch somehow. I wonder if he serving was a secret drugs ban or something like that (would be no reason to give him a squad number if he couldn’t play)
Obviously pure, idle speculation there, but it was obviously something more than him being injured and spending his recovery time testing all the pies and cheeses for the new stadium.

Was he really not given a number before because “there weren’t enough to go around”? Had we truly hit our squad limit?? I always thought that was a bit of a dick move by the club. Give the guy a number for Christ sake! Seemed very harsh to ostracise him to that degree.

Yes we had truly hit our squad limit - hence us not buying more players without selling players.

You can’t just have a squad of 100 foreign players.
:pocheyes:

Premier League is - 25 players, 17 from abroad. Then 8 homegrown.
Then all the rules about age as well - do squads can be hugely inflated by your academy set up.
Jansenn is not home grown and also 24 so needs a full squad number.

We are short on homegrown as dier counts as a foreign player! So grealish was a viable target last summer.

But in conclusion the club were just following rules.

It’s 1-1, two minutes of stoppage time. Spurs need a win here to win the title. Looks like Pochettino will use the last available substitution, it’s Lloris off, Janssen gets his odd 2 minutes. Corner kick. Aaaaaand Janssseeeeeen scores. The Dutchman puts the ball back into his own net.

:troll:

Have to say I genuinely didn’t expect Poch to bring him in from the cold after what he he said so recently about him not being in the plans.
He must have proper shit the bed with Poch somehow. I wonder if he serving was a secret drugs ban or something like that (would be no reason to give him a squad number if he couldn’t play)
Obviously pure, idle speculation there, but it was obviously something more than him being injured and spending his recovery time testing all the pies and cheeses for the new stadium.

He turned his nose up at a loan to Brighton/West Brom even though Poch was very clear that there was no possibility for him to play after we signed Llorente. The European window closed so he eventually accepted a move to Turkey and was injured for pretty much the whole season.

Instead of being snooty he should have gone on loan and learned about the PL. Much better players than Janssen have had to cut their teeth out on loan, including one Harry Kane. If he thought he did enough in that first season to stay in our first team, he must have been on glue.

He turned his nose up at a loan to Brighton/West Brom even though Poch was very clear that there was no possibility for him to play after we signed Llorente. The European window closed so he eventually accepted a move to Turkey and was injured for pretty much the whole season.

Instead of being snooty he should have gone on loan and learned about the PL. Much better players than Janssen have had to cut their teeth out on loan, including one Harry Kane. If he thought he did enough in that first season to stay in our first team, he must have been on glue.

I have posted this before but LLorente was only bought on the last day of the transfer window when Janssen was playing in Europe for Holland. He presumably thought as an International player he had a bright future and was then given hours to make up his mind to go to a town in England he probably did not know. Not sure of his personal circumstances but I really cannot blame him for that decision. Had he had longer to decide he may have gone. He then did go to turkey and did not just stay and train at Tottenham. I do not think he is good enough for Tottenham and would be surprised unless we have another load of injuries he will ever play for us again, but do not blame him for turning down those moves.

I have posted this before but LLorente was only bought on the last day of the transfer window when Janssen was playing in Europe for Holland. He presumably thought as an International player he had a bright future and was then given hours to make up his mind to go to a town in England he probably did not know. Not sure of his personal circumstances but I really cannot blame him for that decision. Had he had longer to decide he may have gone. He then did go to turkey and did not just stay and train at Tottenham. I do not think he is good enough for Tottenham and would be surprised unless we have another load of injuries he will ever play for us again, but do not blame him for turning down those moves.

Not for me. Shoulda trusted the gaffa.

Not for me. Shoulda trusted the gaffa.
I do not not where you live but if miles from Brighton and your boss phoned you tonight saying I want you to work permanently in Brighton from tommorrow, you would just do what he wants and leave even though you have no idea what Brighton is like or the job prospects there etc. I know transfers do go through at the last minute but Janssen is not English and did not know the area like others would and it was certainly a demotion from Spurs.
I think criticising him for this is very harsh. He may have thought differently if he had a few days to consider but he was in Europe playing for his Country. Not even a face to face meeting.

Back
Top Bottom