January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have a funny feeling that we’ve all been had. Maybe the club has been leaking news about us signing players to keep the fans and team calm and show they attempted e.g Rabiot but always knew it wasn’t likely that we were going to sign anyone. Now the excuse will be “look we tried to sign a top quality player that would improve us but he didn’t want to come, we trust this squad and don’t see others on the market in January that will improve us. “.

We’ve been duped lads, PR blinder incoming
PR cleanup soon

Well we’ll need some eventually unless we’re going to rely on the youth team and current players lasting into their 40s and 50s!
Not this season, there is a master plan at foot here....we win the league this year with no signings, other clubs follow that idea, then we spend hundreds of millions in the summer and win the league again, as others failed to strengthen and just don’t know how to cope.....quite simple really #COYS

Not this season, there is a master plan at foot here....we win the league this year with no signings, other clubs follow that idea, then we spend hundreds of millions in the summer and win the league again, as others failed to strengthen and just don’t know how to cope.....quite simple really #COYS

I love it when a plan comes together.

tumblr_oksau6mHwI1u501aoo1_400.gif

:dude::dude::dude::dude::dude:

NEW RECORD !

I love it how the choose the images where Poch looks upset. Always have to be negative, don't they. We don't feed into their DEADLINE DAY excitement bullshit, so they have to shit on us.

We're in third place, two points off 2nd, 7 points off first, and 7 points ahead of 4th with a shitload of injuries.

What a load of cunts.

I love it how the choose the images where Poch looks upset. Always have to be negative, don't they. We don't feed into their DEADLINE DAY excitement bullshit, so they have to shit on us.

We're in third place, two points off 2nd, 7 points off first, and 7 points ahead of 4th with a shitload of injuries.

What a load of cunts.
Look at the plus side it's an achievement as it has never been done before or probably ever again least we get to see the parade of the net spend trophy.
:dembelelol::levylol::levywhoa:

This confirms we are a Premier League club with a League one transfer budget.

We would be outbid by all 43 clubs in the top 2 tiers and our scouting can find no one who satisfies whatever weird metric Pochettino says he believes in for success.
that metric being: "we dont sign someone i dont want us to, despite some dipshit on a forum who has never seen a player abtually play thinking we should"

its not weird, and is the way it should be

Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham all steer clear of January 'madness' did we miss out on much?

Chelsea spent 57m on a player they won't see until June? so why?
Woolwich loan Suarez with a very pricey option to buy - they already have a 350k a week player on the bench so again why?

Which players who actually moved would have made our squad any better? These are the confirmed signings and who let them go - only one I would go for was Pulisic but not at 57m

Chris Mepham (from Brentford)
Tudor-Cristian Baluta (Viitorul Constanta)
Alexis Mac Allister (Argentinos Juniors)
Jan Mlakar (NK Maribor)
Peter Crouch (Stoke City)
Leandro Bacuna (Reading)
Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund)
Bakary Sako (West Brom)
Ryan Babel (Besiktas)
Karlan Grant (Charlton Athletic)
Dominic Solanke (AFC Bournemouth)
Miguel Almiron (Atlanta United)
Adam Parkes (Southampton)
Samir Nasri (Unattached)
Mesaque Dju (Benfica)
David Wang (Jumilla B)
Ed Francis (Manchester City)
Jonathan Castro Otto (Atletico Madrid)

This was my thinking, out of the utter shit transferred is there anybody we would have actually wanted? Not for me thanks.

:dude::dude::smesh: WE SHIT ON EVERYONE OPINION ֱ!
There is no one like us , it really is amazing and i am feeling good about it .

Real club in a plastic money driven league :coys:

Transfers are for the weak, the weak deserve no mercy......
Imagine the league title with not a single transfer, and a crippling injury list...
Come on boys 14 wins and it’s ours! #COYS!!
And playing in our new stadium for the last quarter? The salt would be incredible. I actually think Liverpool would sue the league over an unfair advantage.

We were all led to believe poch didn’t want any signings in the summer and got on with it, what annoys me is he publicly came out and said there was a chance we were gonna do something if we got rid of some other players, so what went wrong? I think we will have enough for top 4, but why should we have to settle for that?

Back
Top Bottom