January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We were all led to believe poch didn’t want any signings in the summer and got on with it, what annoys me is he publicly came out and said there was a chance we were gonna do something if we got rid of some other players, so what went wrong? I think we will have enough for top 4, but why should we have to settle for that?

Maybe you wanna define who this "we" were that "got on with it"?

Did i imagine all the moaning, constant snipping, blatant lying (from some), the rampant mocking of the club so forth?

Nope.

Edit: Only twats disagree with facts.

Last edited:
the rampant mocking of the club...

giphy.gif

We made it without any panic purchases! The squad is threadbare but players should be coming back to fitness so we should make it through the season.

Summer is the time to reinforce the squad, not January (despite what Sky would have you believe).

This summer is crucial (as was last summer - but that's been done to death already)

And the lack of contracts for other key players. Eriksen and Alderweireld as good as gone and those are not players we can go out and replace

A - They both have contracts until 2020 so they only go if we get paid for them ... and B - nobody is irreplaceable, if that were true our club would have folded every time our best players left, that hasn't happened in 136 years, but don't let that stop you having a good cry ....

You would have thought two empty windows would have weaned all those cunts off of their "just sign anybody" shite...anything that fucks off Jim White is OK in my book...

But we are now the club that sign nobody.

As I keep saying it is just bizarre but it's where we are at.

My concern is reasoning.

Solvency , planning, unwillingness to take a risk, sincere trust in the squad"s capability or what?

Never has a club gone a whole season spending zip on signings.

I an not convinced that is the mark or sign of a club that is progressing.

But for now we sit 3rd so maybe I am
wrong.

Last edited:

As I kerp saying it is just bizarre but it's where we are at.

My concern is reasoning.

Solvency , planning, unwillingness to take a risk, sincere trust in the squad"s capability or what?

Never has a club gone on a whole season spending zip on signings.

But for now we sit 3rd so matbe I am
wrong.

You need to let it go.

You’ve got Levy Derangement Syndrome.

There are creams available.

Once again Tottenham Hotspur are the trend setters when it comes to football.

Look at the transfer window, ManUtd., Liverpool, Everton and Southampton didn't sign anyone either. Brighton signed a couple of young players who they immediately sent out on loan again. And Watford signed one player for their Under 23s.

Spurs weren't signing any players before it was cool. Basically the transfer window hipsters. :levylol:

A - They both have contracts until 2020 so they only go if we get paid for them ... and B - nobody is irreplaceable, if that were true our club would have folded every time our best players left, that hasn't happened in 136 years, but don't let that stop you having a good cry ....
They're not immediately replaceable and that's a massive problem for us. Look at our team right now, Vertonghen is 31, Lloris is 32 and Harry will soon turn 26. Harry will enter his prime soon and Hugo and Jan are soon leaving theirs. We should be capitalizing on these players now, we don't have unlimited time. If Eriksen and Toby goes it will be more seasons of transition and we will be wasting away important time

They're not immediately replaceable and that's a massive problem for us. Look at our team right now, Vertonghen is 31, Lloris is 32 and Harry will soon turn 26. Harry will enter his prime soon and Hugo and Jan are soon leaving theirs. We should be capitalizing on these players now, we don't have unlimited time. If Eriksen and Toby goes it will be more seasons of transition and we will be wasting away important time
We already have Alderweireld's replacement....

Once again Tottenham Hotspur are the trend setters when it comes to football.

Look at the transfer window, ManUtd., Liverpool, Everton and Southampton didn't sign anyone either. Brighton signed a couple of young players who they immediately sent out on loan again. And Watford signed one player for their Under 23s.

Spurs weren't signing any players before it was cool. Basically the transfer window hipsters. :levylol:
I think we have actually been giving contracts to under 18 African kids and have a four window ban, Levy the genius has kept it under raps.

As I kerp saying it is just bizarre but it's where we are at.

My concern is reasoning.

Never has a club gone on a whole season spending zip on signings.

But for now we sit 3rd so matbe I am
wrong.
Whats bizarre is your name combined with how you actually feel about our squad....

Back
Top Bottom