January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

qiqce464btd21.jpg

Let's cut Levys wages in half so we can add a whopping £3,000,000 to our transfer budget.

He should earn about 1 mill a year. After all when he and Lewis sell up they are going to make a fucking fortune. The 5 mill saved should go into the pockets of new signing Carlos Kickaball

Watching the meltdowns from people on transfer deadline day is more entertaining than transfer deadline day itself.

People saying we should sign “Bats” the bloke could literally fall in a barrel of tits and come out sucking his thumb.

He’s shit, Levy is a bald headed cunt, sack the lot of them, send us back to mid table and get captain bellend back in charge so we can watch him salute while we are in a relegation dogfight.

Am I doing this right?

Let's cut Levys wages in half so we can add a whopping £3,000,000 to our transfer budget.
I appreciate that it wouldn't make a difference to our budget if we cut his wages in half but I do find it a bit odd that our players wages are so far behind our rivals and yet our chairmans wage blows them out of the water.

It isn't a black and white issue. Yes the infrastructure Levy is building is sensational, Yes our team have made huge huge strides and as a club we have grown massively. But on the flip side our infrastructure is being built out of the clubs pocket not Levy or Lewis', of course it is I bet you're saying and you're right but when/If ( I think they will) ENIC sell up it's them who profit and benefit. not us. The Premier League is getting riches that others dream of and they're spending it all on infrastructure. But you don't dedicate hours of your week, probably loads of money and energy for infrastructure, sure it's important but so is glory, its the special moments we live for and to create them you need to invest.

For every Poch we have a Sherwood. for Redknapp we have AVB. Levy isn't the messiah. His a shrewd businessman who has done ok by us and been a safe pair of hands but that doesn't make him beyond reproach. No signings for a year is unheard of and no I'm not about to start blaming our wonderful manager as the chairman has history in messing up window, the stadium has turned into a bit of a PR mess too, not his fault but the fanbase/customer base isn't exactly happy, we have won no trophies for 10 years either. So why exactly does he deserve to be the highest paid chairman in the country? Is Harry Kane the highest paid player? Bet he isn't.

His done so much good and this long winded post really isn't aimed at a long winded debate but I don't understand those who defend him at every turn because he really doesn't deserve it.

This confirms we are a Premier League club with a League one transfer budget.

We would be outbid by all 43 clubs in the top 2 tiers and our scouting can find no one who satisfies whatever weird metric Pochettino says he believes in for success.

Back
Top Bottom