Palace Vs Tottenham - FA Cup 4th Round.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why am I not surprised it flew over your head.

*Must remember to keep things more simple in future exchanges*
6JYKtv6BkBHAA.gif

For romantic nostalgia winning a domestic cup means something to me. Winning trophies does mean something.

We lost and I am pissed off too and questioning “WHY?” But hang on

We are 3rd and we are in the last 16 of the premier cup competition.

Having seen a ridiculously poor Chelsea side win the Champions League I would NEVER say we can’t win it. Jesus even Liverpool made a final last year and you think HOW ?

Is it likely we will win it ? No. Is it possible? Yes, of course it is.

As for winning the Premier league. Can we win it? Yes of course. Is it likely ? No. But you don’t throw the towel until it’s impossible to win surely ? A shock result at Anfield, a sneaky win when their wobble comes and it’s game on.

As for Chelsea being in a better position than us now. What utter nonsense. Europa League.....says it all..... And who cares anyway ? One day they won’t have some foreign aging <removed> to get on loan and Hazzard will fuck off back to Hazzard county. And then what ?

We might as well be positive about what’s ahead rather than down about what’s past.

Yes. Call out a piss poor performance. And sorry it was today. Fucking dreadful.

Yes have a go at Levy for being a dick at Transfers. Yes he is.

But don’t give up. For fuck sake.

What an awesome post, I'd sit next to you and chant the COYs any day mate.

Nice one.

At the end of the day we bottle it all the time, as fans we get so much hope in our hearts and then it dashed away, as fans we shouldn’t really be arguing between us you all feel the same pain at the same points

We just can’t press on, after the Fulham game I was going into this week with so much hope I was actually a really happy spurs fan, after today I’m just depressed and frustrated I don’t even wanna talk or see any football, I just can’t be asked with it we as spurs fans build outsefs up just for it all to be ripped apart

Night all hope you all have a great week before the Watford game as after this game we may just be clinging on for 4th place

Night

Bottlers: Not unlike a certain strain of the fan-base....

Sack it all off then. To much grief by far....

(FYI: Nothing in common with fair weather tantrum-merchants like you, you melt... Thanks).

Meeting up to fight each other, can your week get any worse?

Dumped out of to cups now meeting up to kick each other’s heads in!!!!!

A club In crisis???????

Great fan base lol

Could be worse, I suppose.

We could be Woolwich fans.

Meeting up to fight each other, can your week get any worse?

Dumped out of to cups now meeting up to kick each other’s heads in!!!!!

A club In crisis???????

Great fan base lol
Yet still 7 points ahead of you, in the bigger European competition and pretty much bending you over in every way.

Could be worse, could be Woolwich.

Ticketing might not sound like much.......but Palace couldn't sell out today (even with us taking 5k) at £25 a ticket

£70m for the Champions League, without considering ticketing, marketing bonuses etc.

Say it rounds off to £100m which it won't be far off when you consider £60 a ticket to an 85000 game gets the club £5.1m in ticket sales alone.

£100m for reaching the final 16

Pochettino is on £165k per week = £8.5m per year
Kane is on £200k per week = £10.4m a year
Dele - £150k per week = £7.8m per year
Lloris - £100k per week = £5.2m per year
Son - let's guess he's on £100k per week = £5.2m per year
Eriksen - £75k per week = £3.9m

All these big players at the club collectively withnwages comes to £40.1m, less than half what we earn from what 8 games in the Champions League.

It's absolutely huge for us and means we don't have to eat into our Premier League money for the basic fundamentals and functioning of the club.

As a comparative, winning the FA Cup means we could only use that money to pay Lloris & someone like Nkoudou. It's absolutely huge whilst we pay off the build! Thanks for posting ArtyB ArtyB

Back
Top Bottom