Chelsea v Tottenham. 2nd leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Amen to that. Great post. The whole thing just feels rotten and something you should take the piss out of, its a grand Sky facade. I watch local rugby more than anything (other than Spurs) these days as at least its fucking honest and I can have a pint with the boys "in view of the pitch".

In regards to tonight we played both legs away and the second one with our top three goalscoring threats. And we werent good enough. That is all

Tbf, we overspent vastly on Sissoko. Spent massive on Sanchez. Lamela too.

As good at times as those players have been (none are our best 5 players) I would be reluctant to spunk massive during this period when every pound counts.

So is it fair to expect Poch, Harry, Dele to stick around whilst we go through this period of paying for the stadium and the resulting lack of spending power to take the team to the next level of actually winning something?

I wouldn't mind if the owners came out and said for the next 5 years we are going to have to rely on the young players coming through the academy and cheap signings. Tell the fans straight, the current players too. Just be honest so we can all stop hoping for anything better

So is it fair to expect Poch, Harry, Dele to stick around whilst we go through this period of paying for the stadium and the resulting lack of spending power to take the team to the next level of actually winning something?

I wouldn't mind if the owners came out and said for the next 5 years we are going to have to rely on the young players coming through the academy and cheap signings. Tell the fans straight, the current players too. Just be honest so we can all stop hoping for anything better
Well they've all signed contracts in the last 6 months and are well aware of the project, so I don't see why not.

For clarification, I'm expecting us to start spending again this summer. Once we're in the stadium.

giphy.gif

This is the kind of pathetic spirit that defines this club and contributes to our bottle job status. Listening to all you cunts. Watch a bunch of greetin faced shites. This translates onto the pitch. You can be proud of your own defeat. Luck. Narratives. Blah blah fucken blah. Victim club bottle jobs. Fuck off
It’s taken a while, but I think I understand you.

Winners win. No ifs no buts. Lads need to start winning

They bring on Willian, we answer with Moura

:pochrolleyes:

2 things

Firstly Willian rejected us so there's not much else we can do if a player isn't up for it and secondly Willian a squad player of theirs is rumoured to be on wages higher than all of our squad bar Dele & Kane, possibly Son.

Simply put, they have far more money than us and shouldn't be compared to us as a realistic comparison to squad ability and strength. Not fair on the players, manager and board when we as a club are making big steps, even if choosw tonot acknowledge it at present

You're such a cunt, clueless about finance, living in some weird fake reality .... put in 500m of your own money or fuck off telling other people how to do it ... armchair critics with nothing to back it up ... constant whinging and moaning total tossers the lot of 'em ...

The stadium will increase our spending power by 150m a year (probably more) the servicing of the debt will be 25-30m a year ergo the football club is better off by 120m a year ... even a thick cunt such as you should be able to work out those simple numbers ... the fact we've already increased our salary spend by 75m in the last two years should also be a big clue, that is unless you're just to stupid to grasp reality ...

No we aren't at Utd or City numbers, that's got fuck all to do with the stadium, that's all marketing and merchandising, however we've increased our revenue to a record 376m a year and closed the revenue gap on Woolwich from 80m a year ago to just 10m this year, and we haven't even moved in yet ....

The stadium makes us massively better off why can't get that through your dumb thick skull you utter cretin .......

I haven't seen a mention yet of Lamela's offside when through on goal.

I thought with VAR the ref was supposed to let the game go on and the refer it to VAR if a goal is scored. As happened in the first leg.

I only saw the 1 brief replay and he looked onside to me.
Thought so too - apparently the lino can still flag if he’s 100% sure

Because there is a stadium being built.

Once that money starts rolling in, we'll start spending money. It's that simple.
It really isn’t that simply at all. Unless you think we can pay off the 800m + stadium in a few months. Assuming we get the best naming rights deal Levy can muster I would imagine 10-14 years min to clear most of that loan.

Back
Top Bottom