January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2/3s a good post...

Ruined by the final 3rd... Tenuous, opportunism. Sissoko has ceased to be an issue. You don't need to rate him amongst our best, but get over yourself and move on, fella.

It's not just about whether I rate him, he's still a very limited footballer and all metrics and visuals support this. It's taken two years at 5m per year wages (plus 30m fee) for him to just reach a level of "useful" whilst better players are unavailable. He was 27 when we paid 30m and gave him a 5 year contract, meaning he will be 32 at the end of it. So at best we'll get 3 years useful out of a 5 year contract. And that's none of those years will be "peak" age years.

By any logical criteria, that's fucking poor business for a club who average a total trading profit over the last ten years of 16m pa.

Jesus wept.

Genuine question mate, IS THAT YOU DANIEL?

Genuine question.... Are you Adrian Durham? (I just, but see how this works...?)

Back on piste....

Who came in with bids for (eg) GKN... How much did they offer?

Rose?

...Llorente?

Pochettino all but says outright in his book he had absolutely nothing to do with signing Sissoko. It was a panic buy as we didn't get our first choice targets.

I don't remember him saying that, and if he did, I don't believe a word of it. He's said himself many times, and said it in that book, he signs off on all transfers, and this was a near record signing, there's no way we make a signing like that on a whim. No way.

It's not just about whether I rate him, he's still a very limited footballer and all metrics and visuals support this. It's taken two years at 5m per year wages (plus 30m fee) for him to just reach a level of "useful" whilst better players are unavailable. He was 27 when we paid 30m and gave him a 5 year contract, meaning he will be 32 at the end of it. So at best we'll get 3 years useful out of a 5 year contract. And that's none of those years will be "peak" age years.

By any logical criteria, that's fucking poor business for a club who average a total trading profit over the last ten years of 16m pa.

Still, much the same, get over it tho, eh?

You make it sound like this is standard policy.... It's not. We're not Woolwich.

Maybe badly worded on my part but isnt one of the stock moans about Levy that he wouldn't hesitate to leave a manager short?

...Why would someone like that splash 30m in such a manner?

It proves he is willing.
Haha, the old chestnut. Levy is tight and won't buy players but dropped 30 million on a panic buy.
Horseshit, isn't it.maybe in a world where the earth is flat, here be dragons and I have a small cock

It's more likely Pochettino wanted him, we enquired, were told not for sale, then told he was available on deadline day. Bid an amount that was within his value as agreed within the club, and got the player.

But that's way too likely to be true.

It is if the player ain't on the manager's radar.

He's been on our radar for over a year.

Funnily enough, I just saw this

Saying that, what would the likes of Troy Parrott think when we're signing young strikers instead of just giving our own a chance!

giphy.gif

I remember the Brighton away thread and we were 1-0 up and The serge gave away a pen. And someone posted ‘I was just gone 5mins we were 1-0 up and now it’s Level, what the hell happened?!’

Someone else then responded with this gif and I genuinely howled with laughter!

If it's true that Poch is extremely picky with new signings and we just don't have the financial power for the players he wants then we have a big problem

Do we no longer bother signing players all together then going forwards ? That seems to have been the approach for the last year or so and it's gonna catch up with us real fast

Who is Maja?

20 year old scoring goals for fun at Sunderland.

Close to signing for Bordeaux for about £4,000,000 - but we were linked with him in the summer and he's been on our radar for about a year now.

Cheap. Homegrown. Scores goals. Almost seems like a no-brainer. Unless you're a nonce, then you'd probably disagree with this post.

Back
Top Bottom